U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 06:38 AM

23,661 posts, read 33,511,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Yeah.. defense is basically becoming weakened by gradual rule changes.. and going virtually extinct in the NFL. The point totals are like arena football now.
I did appreciate Watt's big hit on sCam tho..

One bright spot for the cats.. McCaffrey had 3 TDs, and was their leading rusher & receiver (close to 140 combined yds).
I did say that the Panthers would have a big night behind McCaffrey. Just didnít count on being kicked in the behind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 07:00 AM

10,717 posts, read 11,129,482 times
Well I'm 0-1 to start the week. With the way that game went I should consider charging myself for 2 losses instead of 1.

Old 11-09-2018, 07:21 AM

4,325 posts, read 2,269,424 times
I am 1-0 so far with the Steelers pounding the Panthers

Old 11-09-2018, 08:34 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,140,458 times
Was it just me, or were the refs letting the Panthers and Steelers "play" last night?

With the exception of a penalty here and there (and of course the hit on Ben/ejection), there didn't seem to be a myriad of flags being tossed. Other officiating teams have been known to add so much extra time to games!

Old 11-10-2018, 08:12 AM

11,729 posts, read 11,572,611 times
I'm home, love to cruise, glad to be home though (not to the 3-4" of snow)!

Steelers - picked earlier, 1-0, woohoo!
Saints
Falcons
Packers - who are these Packers? Inquiring minds want to know! Go Pack Go!
Colts
Bears
Chiefs
Patriots
Buccaneers
Jets
Chargers
Rams
Eagles
49ers

Last edited by susancruzs; 11-10-2018 at 08:25 AM..

Old 11-10-2018, 09:29 AM

929 posts, read 298,557 times
Now just how big was that last second win by Pittsburgh at Cinci a few weeks back? That might be the single biggest few minutes of NFL action to this point. Cinci wins, and they have a substantial division lead and instead, it seems to perhaps have given new life to the Steelers, who suddenly look like their usual selfs and now likely win the North. Also, typical Rothlisberger. Albeit he has generally been pretty good this season unlike other junctures in other seasons where he seems mediocre at best and disinterested. But what ever his status during junctures of many seasons, he suddenly has several weeks of these insane, mesmerizing all-time performances.

Old 11-10-2018, 01:14 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,866,783 times
Piitsburgh
New Orleans
Atlanta
Indianapolis
Washington
Chicago
KC
New England
Buffalo
Chargers
Rams
Green Bay
Giants
Philadelphia

Old 11-10-2018, 02:02 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,986,809 times
Panthers at STEELERS (picked earlier) Big Ben put the Cat's Newton out for the night.

SO week 10 A few Coaches are on the hot seat not to mention names (but it is Gase Hairball Garrett Joseph and Now Marrone

EVIL PATRIOTS
at Titans If any such upset were to occur, this is the game for it, the Titans are starting to play better Last week's win should give them the confidence to put on a good show against the Evil Patriots

Pesky Red Birds at CHIEFS Look for the Chefs to run the score up in the first half I expect a Bird Shoot

Bill's Buffaloes at GROUNDED JETS When the Jets take the field at LaGuardia, look for McCown to confuse the Buffaloes in what should be the Crummy Game of the Week. Anyone else would beat the Jets but Bill's Buffaloes (Sorry) Have too many problems of their own.
Jaguars at COLTS Andrew won;t need much Luck the way the Spotted Cats have been playing.
My Finz at PACKERS Susan's Packers vs the Cat's Finz

Seahawks at RAMS Rams get back on the winning track at home
Lions at BEARS oh My The Big Cat's still need to talk about paying a QB $679 Million dollars for a third place finish

REDSKINS
at Succaneers Not sure which Redskins will show up, but against the soon to be unemployed Koetter and his band of Inept, Alcoholic Pirates , it will not matter

SAINTS at Bengals Upset potential as the Stripy Cats have some things going on, but Breeze and the Saints will BREES right past them

FALCONS at Browns Browns have upset potential, Dirty Birds have choke potential anything could happen, but barring a tie, someone will win.

SAN ANGELES/HOMELESS CHARGERS at Raiders Gruden is NOT on the hotseat.

Cowboys at EAGLES Cowboys have yet another OL starter injured, which means more chasing of the DAK and no yards by the Zeke.

Monday Night Pillow FIght
Giants at SAN FRANCISCO/BAY AREA 49ERS the 7 loss teams meet up to help us all get off to sleep early Monday night.

(Byes: Broncos, Vikings, Ravens, TEXICANS) Coach John Hairball is on the hot seat, rumored to be coaching Nevermore if the Ravens do not start winning

Old 11-10-2018, 02:44 PM

11,729 posts, read 11,572,611 times
Great post, Cat, and many places have McCarthy on the hot seat list. I'm the eternal optimist, not at this point yet, key word YET. I do wonder though if his coaching style is too routine, record should be better, close games, dumb mistakes which shouldn't be made by veteran players.

Rodgers has said, they need to play a complete game, all 4 quarters, himself included. If by chance the Finz wins, I can't even imagine what things will be like on the local newspaper, blog sites! Ha!

Old 11-10-2018, 08:59 PM

9,423 posts, read 17,439,889 times
WEEK 10: Not an easy pickin' week, imho

Panthers @ Steelers (picked earlier)

Patriots @ Titans
Cardinals @ Chiefs
Bills @ Jets
Jaguars @ Colts
Dolphins @ Packers
Seahawks @ Rams
Lions @ Bears
Redskins @ Bucs
Saints @ Bengals
Falcons @ Browns
Chargers @ Raiders
Cowboys @ Eagles
Giants @ 49ers

Thru Week 9: 86-46
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or