Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 05:43 AM

4,454 posts, read 3,392,204 times

Advertisements

Here are my picks for week 10
Panthers at Steelers
Patriots at Titans
Cardinals at Chiefs
Bills at Jets
Jaguars at Colts
Dolphins at Packers
Seahawks at Rams
Lions at Bears
Redskins at Bucks
Saints at Bengals
Falcons at Browns
Chargers at Raiders
Cowboys at Eagles
Giants at 49ers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 07:13 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,461,588 times
Panthers at Steelers-Wow! This sure beats the Bay Area Toilet Bowl from Week 9. Both teams are on winning streaks and are in hotly contested divisions. I'll take the Steelers to eke it out at Heinz with BBC (Ben, Brown, Conner) leading the way in what should be a close shootout.

Patriots at Titans-Yes, I remember the Titans beat the Cowgirls on Monday Night Football, but I learned my lesson by not picking the Dark Side last week. Just take the Patriots, Maniac!

Cardinals at Chiefs-These are not the 49ers who the Cards beat twice. This is the Chiefs at Arrowhead and Josh Rosen is in for a doozy of a day. There are no gimmes in the NFL, but this is as close as it gets.

Bills at Jets-Josh Allen's return gives the Bills their only chance of winning this. If the Bills trot the Nathan Peterman Project or Derek "On Vacation" Anderson out there, there's little chance even with the Bills decent defense. I hear E.J. Manuel is available. Obviously when you're at the 6-loss mark as the Jets are, there's no margin for error.

Jaguars at Colts-How bout them Colts? Can they make it 3 in a row? I think so. What a difference a few weeks make. Jags were the class of the AFC South and a shoe-in to make the playoffs after beating the Pats. Now they're trending back towards dumpster-fire status with no signs of righting the ship.

Dolphins at Packers-Ok, so the Pack lost to the Rams and Pats in consecutive weeks. There's no shame in that. They'll get their mojo back against the Fins at Lambeau where they haven't lost on the season in this must-win game.

Seahawks at Rams-Packers and Saints have exposed vulnerabilities in the Rams defense the last 2 weeks. I predict a close one, but I don't think Wilson has the necessary weapons to keep up with Goff, Gurley, Cooks, Kupp, and company.

Lions at Bears-It's hard to believe the Lions beat Brady and Rodgers this season after watching them the last couple of weeks. I expect another rough week against the modern Monsters of the Midway who play well even without Mack. I can't believe Da Bears are leading the NFC North.

Redskins at Bucs-The winner of the NFC Least is going to back into it. Redskins simply don't have the offensive production to keep up with a QB who can put points on the board. Fitz Magic is capable of having a clunker, but the bearded wonder has put points on the board other than 1 terrible outing at Soldier Field. Redskins will score more points in this game than they have all season and it won't be enough.

Saints at Bengals-This isn't prime time and it's in Cincy. Bengals have a puncher's chance, but it's hard to go against Brees, Kamara, and "Flip Phone" Thomas.

Falcons at Browns-It usually bites me when I pick the Falcons, but it's really hard to take the Browns since they are accustomed to losing every week. They've still only won 3 games over the last 3 seasons.

Chargers at Raiders-I had no idea how bloody awful the Raiders were until Thursday Night Football. They are the biggest dumpster fire and it's not even close. No, I don't think individual players are tanking, but I think the Gruden Grinder has created a losing culture and is tanking by putting a junior varsity team out there. It seems like he's lost the team already and that's probably okay with him since he's getting a new one for the move to the Vegas with all these high draft picks coming up. Homeless Chargers just keep rolling.

Cowboys at Eagles-I still think the NFC Least is the Eagles to take. I like the addition of Golden Tate. Wentz clearly needs another weapon to play with. Jerry's World is a sad state of affairs. Amari Cooper isn't the savior. Dak and Zeke are even struggling. And that guy excessively chewing gum on the sidelines needs to go.

Giants at 49ers-What a difference a week makes. I hadn't planned on picking my Niners the rest of the season, but I'm excited and optimistic after watching Nick Mullens on TNF. I'm even more excited that Shanahan is leaning towards making him the starter on MNF against the dumpster-fire Giants. We've had an ample sample size for Beathard. His starting record is 1-9er. There was just a different energy with Mullens under center. The guy must be inspirational and must've won the locker room because everyone seemed to play harder for him. A game against the Giants could build Mullen's confidence even further and that could carry on to the rest of the season. The 49ers remaining schedule is quite favorable. 7-9 is what I expected if this team had Jimmy G. I don't believe this is out of reach with Mullens if he can maintain the magic he's already shown.

Last edited by maniac77; 11-06-2018 at 07:55 AM..

Old 11-06-2018, 07:30 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,616,693 times
I'll take the Steelers for Thursday night, get the rest in when I get home Friday or Saturday.

I need to save some minutes to print my boarding passes and satellite computer times are the fastest!

Old 11-07-2018, 03:59 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,046,540 times
I FINALLY had a good week last week with only 1 wrong - the Rams.
This week
Steelers
Saints
Falcons
Colts
Redskins
Bears
Chiefs
Patriots
Jets
Chargers
Rams
Packers
49'ers
Eagles

Old 11-07-2018, 03:38 PM

5,172 posts, read 6,136,412 times
I believe this is going to be a tough game........going with the Steelers. The rest to follow.

God luck everyone!

Old 11-07-2018, 05:33 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
Here are my picks for week 10
Panthers at Steelers
Patriots at Titans
Cardinals at Chiefs
Bills at Jets
Jaguars at Colts
Dolphins at Packers
Seahawks at Rams
Lions at Bears
Redskins at Bucks
Saints at Bengals
Falcons at Browns
Chargers at Raiders
Cowboys at Eagles
Giants at 49ers
Panthers - The Panthers notch a quality road win behind a big night from Christian McCaffrey.

Patriots - Pick Mariota over Brady? Child please!

Chiefs - Rosen's numbers are gonna be good. Mahomes is just gonna be better.

Jets - If the Bills had anything resembling a competent QB I'd pick them, they don't, what you want me to do?

Packers - Rodgers puts the fish on ice at Lambeau.

Rams - The Hawks won't be able to keep up with the Rams.

Bears - The Lions are deflating and the Bears take advantage.

Redskins - Washington catches a team who has no defense at the right time.

Saints - Who dey ask who the after being beaten by who dat?

Browns - UPSET SPECIAL; Baker surprises a unsuspecting Falcons team.

Chargers - The sneaky SB pick beats up a fire sale Raiders team not so sneakily.

Eagles - The Eagles get their act together and begin their furious pursuit of the Redskins for the NFC East.

49ers - Nick Mullens gets the benefit of playing a 2nd bad team in a row.

Old 11-07-2018, 05:43 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,963,948 times
i'll take the points (4) and the Panthers

Old 11-07-2018, 07:33 PM

2,036 posts, read 1,603,591 times
Carolina Panthers @ Pittsburgh Steelers
New England Patriots @ Tennessee Titans
Arizona Cardinals @ Kansas City Chiefs
Buffalo Bills @ New York Jets
Jacksonville Jaguars @ Indianapolis Colts
Miami Dolphins @ Green Bay Packers
Seattle Seahawks @ Los Angeles Rams
Detroit Lions @ Chicago Bears
Washington Redskins @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
New Orleans Saints @ Cincinnati Bengals
Atlanta Falcons @ Cleveland Browns
Los Angeles Chargers @ Oakland Raiders
Dallas Cowboys @ Philadelphia Eagles
New York Giants @ San Francisco 49ers

10-3 last week
85-47 season

Old 11-07-2018, 08:48 PM

11,247 posts, read 11,020,697 times
Carolina tomorrow. Will get the rest in later.

Old 11-07-2018, 09:21 PM

9,755 posts, read 7,466,855 times
Last week: 10-3
Overall: 89-43-2

Panthers @ Squeelers. What a dandy of a Thursday night game we have after that turd fest last week. Steelers are playing well, so have to like the Steelers, especially at home.
Lions @ Bears oh my ! Khalil Mack is going to be in Stafford's face all afternoon long.
Saints @ Bungels. At home, NOT a playoff game and NOT a primetime game, so the Bengals at least do have a good chance, plus the Saints are due for a let down after last week's win, but like the Steelers in the AFC, the Saints are just as hot or even hotter in the NFC, so tough to pick against them.
Falcons @ non-edible Brownies. Glad the Browns are back to being the Browns.
Future London Jaguars @ Colts. I had a hard time with this one. Both teams coming off bye's, so it's not like one team is more rested then the other. I'll take the Colts at home.
Colt's Cards @ Chiefs. Sorry Colt, but this has the chance to get ugly earlier .
Bill's Buffaloes @ grounded Jets. Darnold looks to be out with a foot injury, so if Allen plays I'll pick the Bills. If the Bills start Peterman, the Jets could suit up one of the homeless guys in the PA Bus Terminal and likely win by 10+.
Fighting Landover's @ Bucs. Fitzmagic is going to have some magic, but I'll take the Landover's to win.
B & B @ Titans. Same old, same old for the Pats. Maybe Brady & Bill throw one to their former employee and former player?? I mean, in that division it's not like they need a lot of wins, and taking out the Chiefs, I don't think going on the road in the playoffs scares them that much either.
Current LA Chargers @ Former LA & Future Vegas Raiders. There were more Raider fans in Carson at Stubhub earlier this year when the Chargers weren't nearly as good and the Raiders weren't this bad, and yet the Chargers still won.
Dolphins @ Packers. Packers rebound at home. By the way is it just me, or does it seem like the Packers have been on the road for the last 6 weeks??
Seahawks @ Rams. Rams will bounce at home after almost falling to the Seahawks in Seattle last month.
Cowboys @ Eagles. Think the Eagles have got to bounce back and at home against a not great Dallas team should get it done.
Giants @ Niners. Surprisingly, Eli has done fairly well out in San Francisco in his career. This maybe one of their last few chances for a win this year, so why not??

Byes: Denver, Vikes, Ravens, Texans. Definitely not the Texans, who even on a 6 game winning streak, get their bye at the worst possible time....right when they started rolling. Sure, when I looked at the schedule and I saw the week 10 bye for the Texans I was pretty ecstatic about that, but not when the team wins 6 straight after an 0-3 start, you want to go out there, and keep playing and hopefully keep that momentum going! Ravens & Broncos are bad to mediocre football teams that are going to be starting vacation plans on December 31 and likely looking for new head coaches in the offseason, so that leaves the Purple People Eaters by default.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football