Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 05:33 AM

939 posts, read 505,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I too thought that as "exciting" of a game as it was, it was simply a disguised NCAA football game.
Yeah, I hate to be the Debbie Downer. The spread offense and simply having one elite running/option quarterback seems to render defenses useless in college. In the NFL let’s not act that these ridiculous rules and not being able to lay a finger on the quarterback doesn’t have a lot to do suddenly with these offensive explosions. If I wanted arena league, Id watch that. Interesting game last night for sure. Classic in its own right. One of the greatest games? Far from it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2018, 06:07 AM

4,665 posts, read 3,859,137 times
The NFL produced the best game of the season. Likely won't be beat all season/post season. Offensive playmakers were just having a night. 6 lead changes, 2 ties, between two 1 loss teams, a former & current Missouri team.
Both offenses were balls to the wall the entire game. They scored more TDs last night than the Bills have scored all season. And the Rams young defensive line is elite.

Old 11-20-2018, 06:29 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,607,829 times
Absolutely the game was as expected thanks to the offensive power of both teams. Even better, I'm glad the game was brought back to America, where it could be properly appreciated.

The new NFL? I hope not. Those who prefer a more defense-minded NFL will have something to say about that.

Old 11-20-2018, 06:46 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
I'm going with and supporting Mahomes and the Chiefs...

should be an exciting game!
It certainly was even though I didn't make it til the end. I am a huge Rams fan but was not sure they were for real:: they are. And BTW we are also Chiefs fans so I would not have been sad either way, as long as neither team got wiped out.

Old 11-20-2018, 08:41 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Still an exciting game no matter what you Debbie Downers say...

both are talented teams, will be interesting what happens with them both over the next several weeks.

Old 11-20-2018, 09:20 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
The NFL produced the best game of the season. Likely won't be beat all season/post season. Offensive playmakers were just having a night. 6 lead changes, 2 ties, between two 1 loss teams, a former & current Missouri team. Both offenses were balls to the wall the entire game. They scored more TDs last night than the Bills have scored all season. And the Rams young defensive line is elite.
I'm with you as this was the best game I've seen in ages, thoroughly enjoyable to watch all the way to the end.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-20-2018, 10:42 AM

1,338 posts, read 2,023,434 times
It was a fun game to watch, though frustrating at times. Obviously I'm glad that the Rams pulled it out.

But some of this media (ehem, ESPN) hype is silly, as if these are definitively the two best teams in the league (how the game was billed). They're not. The Saints, Patriots, Steelers are all right there, with the Saints being clearly the best team (in my opinion, after watching them for the last 2-3 weeks).

Old 11-20-2018, 10:47 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I'm with you as this was the best game I've seen in ages, thoroughly enjoyable to watch all the way to the end.
I'm on the fence regarding best game ever, actually probably not even on the fence. It was fun. And despite thinking there was no defense, somehow 5 turnovers by the Chiefs shows there was defense (and Donald is a beast). This was such a showcase game for the NFL in how the new rules affects offenses which provided all of this scoring. I liked the game for sure, but I have seen regular season games that have provided me personally with more drama feelings than this one. I expected a track meet and got one which is what the NFL wants - scoring. I guess I just prefer a game that feels more balanced which for me provides more intensity, if that makes any sense.

Old 11-20-2018, 10:51 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,613,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Both offenses were balls to the wall the entire game. They scored more TDs last night than the Bills have scored all season. And the Rams young defensive line is elite.
False. The two offenses combined for 11 TDs. The defenses scored 3 TDs last night. Bills offense has scored 12 TDs this season.

Old 11-20-2018, 10:59 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,613,288 times
In terms of points scored and big plays throughout the game this game is hard to beat.

In terms of just offensive efficiency last years super bowl was just as good. Both the Eagles and Patriots combined for 1,151 and two turnovers vs 1,001 yards and 7 turnovers.

The most amazing stat of last nights game is probably the fact that the Chiefs turned the ball over five times and not only did they not get blown out, they scored 51 points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football