U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 03:46 AM

6,777 posts, read 10,173,498 times

Advertisements

Hi all! I'm posting from paradise! Ya Mon!

Bears
Cowboys
Saints
Bills
Bengals
Patriots
Eagles
Buccaneers
Panthers
Ravens
Chargers
Steelers
Dolphins
Packers
Texans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2018, 06:15 AM

4,883 posts, read 3,972,759 times
Default Happy Thanksgiving

Well, Dear Fans, this is the week of the Thanksgiving Holiday, the gateway of sorts to the Holiday season (For those who did not celebrate Halloween, that is) And Of course a big day for Football. But as we wax poetic over the year and all of which we have to be thankful, let us look for a moment at all that we should be thankful.............

BEARS at Lions LT&B Oh MY Part2
Matt Patricia must be thankful that the food in Detroit Rock City has been so good and abundant. Matt Stafford should be thankful for the hundreds of millions he makes this season in exchange for only winning 4 games so far. And the Bears should be thankful that no one took them seriously, planned for them, and now they are, most likely, going to coast into the playoffs. Rumor is that after the game, MATT PATRICIA has a turkey all to himself.....Bet he runs the hurry up offense to get this one over with fast........

Indians @ COWBOYS
What poetic justice would be done if the Indians came to Thanksgiving dinner and slaughtered the Cowboys? Well, before you think about the Cowboys taking the old west from the native Americans and how unfair it was, remember that most of the tribes were savages, and not so innocent as revisionist history would tell you. Unlike the Redskins offense now that Colt McCoy is thrust in to a game with a few days preparation. They even signed Dirty Mark Sanchez as a backup. Nothing Savage about these redskins anymore ......This reeks of Thanksgiving day desperation, where visitors rarely win in Dallas anyway.

Falcons @ SAINTS Aw Why NOT Honor the Saints on THE day of giving thanks? Of course, ALL-Saints day was November 1st, but Drew and his boys should pluck and eat Falcons. I hear that Falcon stew is quite good in N'Awlins....They eat about anything there.

Jaguars @ BILL'S BUFFALOES Both teams have three wins, and the way they have been playing should really be THANKFUL this week of Thanksgiving that they have that many! And barring a tie, one will have 4

Browns @ BENGALS Hue Jackson can be thankful that the Bengals have made him gainfully employed and he will not be eating Turkey at the free lunch shelter with Le'veon Bell and Dez Bryant. Marvin Lewis, who will be unemployed in a few months, hired Jackson to help him fix the Bengals. Of course, you can ask the people of CLEVELAND about how well Hue Jackson fixes things.
And the good people of Cleveland are Thankful that Feb 23 is just 3 Short Months after Thanksgiving, which is when Spring Training starts for the Indians. SO far, the Browns and Cavaliers have combined for 5 wins. ♫It is going to be a long cold lonely winter in Cleveland. ♪♫

PATRIOTS @ Grounded Jets I think it is safe to say that PATRIOTS are too close to Puritans, who celebrated the first American Thanksgiving, than Jets, which were not invented until the 20th century, to lose the week of Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is all about Americana, even though the Romans and countless other tribal nations celebrated it thousands of years ago.

NY football Giants @ EAGLES Well, the Eagles are a hot mess and should be glad that Ben Franklin did not have his way and make the TURKEY the National bird. Philadelphia Turkeys? Just sounds wrong. Macy's parade, on the other hand, will unveil it's newest Thanksgiving Parade balloon, which sadly, does not hold air through to the end.

SAN FRANCISCO/BAY AREA 2 AND 8 ERS @ Succaneers I cannot picture a worse MESS right now than Dirk Koetter and his crew of mangy, flea-bitten Pirates. He ought to be Thankful that he has not been made to walk the plank yet. Yet being the operative word.

Seahawks @ PANTHERS The Panthers have been 2-1 against birds this season. Meanwhile Pete Carroll can be thankful that he is still Cool........But when it is all said and done, the CATS eat BIRDS for Thanksgiving. Again.

Raiders @ RAVENS The Lamar Jackson era has begun in Baltimore, but don't look for the rookie to have beginners luck. It will still be close, the Raiders still one of the worse teams in all of football. The John Hairball era is about to come to an end though.

Pesky Red Birds @ San Angeles/Homeless Chargers The Chargers should be thankful that they are going up against the pesky red birds this week because they excel at beating teams with 2 or fewer wins.

STEELERS @ Broncos Big Ben Should be Thankful that the team is doing well, the fans are happy, and he is looking to coast into the playoffs. The Bronco fans can be Thankful that this is probably Vance Joseph's last season in Denver and help is on the way.

My Finz @ COLTS I am Thankful that I have several interests outside of football, lest I be a sad Cat at the state of My Finz. Meanwhile, Good, Goode and Luck are finally having a season worth talking about, just a few wins away from the playoffs.

Susan's Packers @ VIKINGS Rumors are that Mike McCarthy will be let go in January. He would be welcome in Miami, but the job only pays $8.25 an hour.

Titans @ TEXICANS NO SURE THINGS in the NFL But Texicans at home, going for 8 straight against a Titans that still has some talent, A risky pick yes.....but as the late great Yogi Berra said
"Even Napoleon had his Watergate."

Bye Week CHIEFS and Rams Chefs get the rematch victory And Andy Reid gets to eat a 23 lb turkey while sitting in front of the TV in his bare socks and watching the Macy's parade.

Old 11-21-2018, 08:10 AM

11,722 posts, read 11,543,470 times
Great post, Cat and Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Going 10 home teams, 5 away! Go Pack Go!

Bears
Cowboys
Saints
Bengals
Panthers
Bills
Ravens
Colts
49ers
Eagles
Patriots
Chargers
Steelers
Packers
Texans

Season 97-62

Old 11-21-2018, 10:02 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,856,810 times
Thanksgiving picks.

Chicago
Dallas-they've strung together two nice wins so they are probably due for a let down against a back up QB at home. But i still like there defense so I'll continue to pick them.
New Orleans-i feel an upset here but I thought the same last week and wisely still took the Saints. I'll do the same this week.

Maniac going against the grain this week with Detroit AND Washington.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:22 AM

4,490 posts, read 3,154,072 times
Chicago @ Detroit - Chicago
Washington @ Dallas - Washington (still can't pick Dallas)
Atlanta @ New Orleans - New Orleans

Jacksonville @ Buffalo - Buffalo
Cleveland @ Cincinnati - Cleveland
New England @ NY Jets - New England
NY Giants @ Philadelphia - Philly
San Francisco @ Tampa Bay - San Francisco
Seattle @ Carolina - Seattle
Oakland @ Baltimore - Baltimore
Arizona @ LA Chargers - Chargers
Pittsburgh @ Denver - Pittsburgh
Miami @ Indianapolis - Indianapolis
Green Bay @ Minnesota - Minnesota (this is where Minny will put the death nail in Green Bay's season)

Tennessee @ Houston - Houston (Houston is rolling, yet I wouldn't be surprised if TN upsets, due to lack of preparation by Houston)

Old 11-21-2018, 11:54 AM

32,439 posts, read 26,308,370 times
i am getting nervous about this weekend, too damned many of you choosing the cowboys to win

Old 11-21-2018, 01:01 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,154,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i am getting nervous about this weekend, too damned many of you choosing the cowboys to win
I'm like another poster above. I become physically ill if I bet for the Cowboys. I just can't do it. I'm the worst kind of homer when it comes to any team not the Jags, Cardinals, or Raiders against them. I can't stand the thought of Jason Garrett getting an extension and possibly limping into the playoffs. It literally drives me bat crap crazy.

Old 11-21-2018, 04:08 PM

32,439 posts, read 26,308,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
I'm like another poster above. I become physically ill if I bet for the Cowboys. I just can't do it. I'm the worst kind of homer when it comes to any team not the Jags, Cardinals, or Raiders against them. I can't stand the thought of Jason Garrett getting an extension and possibly limping into the playoffs. It literally drives me bat crap crazy.

you dont get it, i WANT the cowboys to win. i want the cowboys to mop the stadium floor with the redskins. the problem is that it seems this season when too many people pick the boys to win, they lose.

Old 11-21-2018, 05:12 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,121,697 times
NFL 2018 WEEK 12 PICKS: (Byes: KC, LA Rams)
Week 12 is here! Be thankful, it's Thanksgiving Turkey Week! Hey! Will we be gobbled up? 😊

Thanksgiving Thursday, November 22
Chicago @ Detroit – Will Bears beat the STUFFING out of the Lions?
Washington @ Dallas – Will this be GRAVY time for the Cowboys?
Atlanta @ Nawlins – NFC South: Saints GOBBLE up the Falcons in the Big Easy!

Sunday, November 25 (Early Games)
Jax Jags @ Buffalo – Which team will grab a W at the 3-7 Bowl?
Cleveland @ Cincy – AFC North: Will Red Rifle burn the Brownies?
New England @ NY Jets – AFC East: Brady Bunch should prevail
NY Giants @ Philadelphia – NFC East Brawl: Can Eli overcome the Eagles?
Santa Clara @ Tampa Bay – 49ers in a question mark (?) at Bucs
Seattle @ Carolina – Cam wakes up in time to down the Squawks!
Oakland @ Baltimore – Ravens over Chucky’s tanking Raiders
(Later Games)
Arizona @ LA Chargers – Bolts taser the bewildered Cardinals
Pittsburgh @ Denver – Big Ben breaks Broncos after a hard ride
Miami @ Indy – Colts harpoon the Fins
(Evening Game)
Green Bay @ Minnesota – NFC North Bruiser: Will Vikes outduel the Pack?

Monday, November 26
Tennessee @ Houston – AFC South: Will Deshaun Watson outleap the Mariotas?

Last edited by Colt AZ; 11-21-2018 at 05:21 PM..

Old 11-21-2018, 05:38 PM

11,722 posts, read 11,543,470 times
Good questions in your post! I wonder about Bears/Lions if Trubisky will play. Thought about picking Browns or Jags but didn't, those are always the picks that get me! Happy Thanksgiving!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or