Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 06:05 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Week 12 is upon us! Time for lots of TURKEY and FOOTBALL!!!

Byes: Kansas City and LA Rams

Chicago @ Detroit
Washington @ Dallas
Atlanta @ New Orleans

Jacksonville @ Buffalo
Cleveland @ Cincinnati
New England @ NY Jets
NY Giants @ Philadelphia
San Francisco @ Tampa Bay
Seattle @ Carolina
Oakland @ Baltimore
Arizona @ LA Chargers
Pittsburgh @ Denver
Miami @ Indianapolis
Green Bay @ Minnesota

Tennessee @ Houston
Chicago
Dallas
New Orleans
Jacksonville
Cleveland
New England
Philadelphia
San Francisco
Carolina
Baltimore
LA Chargers
Pittsburgh
Indianapolis
Minnesota
Houston
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2018, 06:10 PM

2,036 posts, read 1,603,050 times
Chicago Bears @ Detroit Lions
Washington Redskins @ Dallas Cowboys
Atlanta Falcons @ New Orleans Saints
Jacksonville Jaguars @ Buffalo Bills
Cleveland Browns @ Cincinnati Bengals
New England Patriots @ New York Jets
New York Giants @ Philadelphia Eagles
San Francisco 49ers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Seattle Seahawks @ Carolina Panthers
Oakland Raiders @ Baltimore Ravens
Arizona Cardinals @ Los Angeles Chargers
Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos
Miami Dolphin @ Indianapolis Colts
Green Bay Packers @ Minnesota Vikings
Tennessee Titans @ Houston Texans

8-5 last week
102-57 season

Old 11-21-2018, 07:15 PM

12,968 posts, read 9,650,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i am getting nervous about this weekend, too damned many of you choosing the cowboys to win
The Cowboys are just 4-5 on Thanksgiving day at AT&T Stadium, since they started playing there in 2009.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:11 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
The Cowboys are just 4-5 on Thanksgiving day at AT&T Stadium, since they started playing there in 2009.

i hope they make 5-5 on thursday.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:49 PM

9,755 posts, read 7,466,855 times
Last week: 7-6
Overall: 107-52-2

Chicago @ Detroit. Chase Daniel has amassed more than $26 million in his NFL career and yet tomorrow (or today or yesterday or last Thursday depending on when you read this) will only be his 3rd career NFL start. How do I get HIS agent?? I would LOVE to get almost $30 million for doing nothing!
Washington @ Dallas. Dallas probably should have won in Washington a couple weeks ago if not for Jason Garrett. Not even he could manage to $crew this up at home against Colt McCoy can he??
Atlanta @ New Orleans. Falcons are going to get ripped to shreds. This has been a pretty good rivalry lately, so I could see the Falcons keeping it close, but no way they are winning in New Orleans.

Jacksonville @ Buffalo. Bills coming off the bye while the Jags are coming off losing a game in the final 8 seconds in which they lead 16-0 with a little more than 16 minutes to play.
Cleveland @ Cincinnati. Bengals at home I guess.
New England @ NY Jets. Pats had the bye last week, so would hate to be the Jets playing them next after that embarrassing Tennessee game.
NY Giants @ Philadelphia. The Eagles are bad and their defense is atrocious, but the Giants beat up on Maniac's not 1 and Niners and Cat's Bucs. Granted, winning this isn't going to be much of an improvement over the first 2, but the talent level is a little better and playing on the road against a desperate team that needs wins.
San Francisco @ Tampa Bay. Which team needs a new starting QB more, the Bucs or Giants??
Seattle @ Carolina. West coast team playing the 1 PM East coast team. Plus, Seattle isn't usually good on the road.
Oakland @ Baltimore. A slam dunk for Lamar Jackson. Please do not start Flacco Harbaugh, please!!!
Arizona @ LA Chargers. Yes, I know we are starting to get to the part of the season for the annual Chargers swoon, but the Cardinals lost at home to a team that is TRYING to lose. That's enough for me for the Chargers plus they are tied for the AFC's 3rd best record.
Pittsburgh @ Denver. Steelers are still down 16-0 this game late in the 3rd quarter I doubt the Broncos will hand them the win like Jacksonville did last week, so they'll have to start better.
Miami @ Indianapolis. Remember when the Colts lost to the Jets last month to fall to 1-5?? Yah, me neither!
Green Bay @ Minnesota. Said this last week and McCarthy burned me, and fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, but this is Aaron effing Rodgers!! How could he have not won a road game this year (and yes I know his coach should be fired immediately)?? They have 2 left after this one at the Jets and at the Bears. They aren't beating the Bears this year in Chicago (it was a miracle they won that game in Green Bay) and depending on what happens in the next 4 weeks that Jets game could go either way (week 16 in New York. Imagine if the Pack is already eliminated by then, gah!). I don't think this Vikes team is very good, they looked much better last year, so this could be the final chance for the Pack to end the 0'fer for the road.

Tennessee @ Houston. Houston's at home, lost the first game in week 2, and have lost once since. Hard to go against that.

Bye: Rams @ Chiefs. Chiefs with the dog fight in the division with the Chargers only a game back. Yes, Rams have the Saints to contend with for NFC East seeding but they can officially put on the cruise control for the division.

Some tough games this week with a lot of bad-vs.-bad teams, and good teams going on the road to face average to ok teams. I'll take a 7-8 record this week, LOL.

Old 11-22-2018, 01:48 AM

5,170 posts, read 6,136,412 times
Chicago
Dallas
New Orleans

Buffalo
Cincinnati
New England
Philadelphia
Tampa Bay
Carolina
Baltimore
LA Chargers
Pittsburgh
Indianapolis
Minnesota

Houston

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Old 11-22-2018, 05:39 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,609,833 times
Default Happy Thanksgiving to All You Turkeys!

Old 11-22-2018, 05:42 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,616,693 times
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone, great GIF, Colt! Picks not showing much faith in the Packers, understandable.

7express, I hope they can win at Vikings stadium. Their season has been a story of not finishing, penalties, mistakes, but they haven't been blown out of games. Clay's early penalties were game killers. He's had a few questionable hits since where he hasn't drawn a flag. Special teams has been a nightmare, too.

Watching KC and Rams, Packers lost 29-27, held Rams in LA. Two minutes left, Aaron didn't get a chance thanks to Montgomery fumbling the kick off. Both defense coordinators are older, whereas Pettine is younger? I wonder if McCarthy goes will Pettine still be here? He should be, think he's done a good job with the talent (or lack of) he has.

Wonder if Trubisky plays for the Bears today, if not Lions may win. NFC Wildcard might go down to the wire again!

Old 11-22-2018, 06:09 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,609,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone, great GIF, Colt! Picks not showing much faith in the Packers, understandable.

7express, I hope they can win at Vikings stadium. Their season has been a story of not finishing, penalties, mistakes, but they haven't been blown out of games. Clay's early penalties were game killers. He's had a few questionable hits since where he hasn't drawn a flag. Special teams has been a nightmare, too.

Watching KC and Rams, Packers lost 29-27, held Rams in LA. Two minutes left, Aaron didn't get a chance thanks to Montgomery fumbling the kick off. Both defense coordinators are older, whereas Pettine is younger? I wonder if McCarthy goes will Pettine still be here? He should be, think he's done a good job with the talent (or lack of) he has.

Wonder if Trubisky plays for the Bears today, if not Lions may win. NFC Wildcard might go down to the wire again!
Thanks, Susan. I certainly root for Aaron and the Pack, so here's hoping they actually pull out a win at Vikes. All things are possible, as we keep finding out each week!

Old 11-22-2018, 06:26 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,999,826 times
Happy Thanksgiving!

Today’s picks:

Bears @ Lions: Bears. This season has featured some high powered teams like the Chiefs, Rams, and Saints so the Bears aren’t getting much discussion for as good as they are. They’re definitely a candidate to upset one of the afore mentioned power brokers.

Redskins @ Cowboys: Cowboys. Redskins dealt a devastating loss and recovering on a short week may be too much to ask.

Falcons @ Saints: Saints. This may be your new “best team” in the league right now.

The rest coming later. Good luck everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football