U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 10:15 PM

4,322 posts, read 2,256,850 times

Advertisements

I think this thread is getting out of wack; I think everybody needs to calm down

Old 12-02-2018, 10:54 PM

4,209 posts, read 2,825,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Well some of us, probably mainly me, are trying to make another point. The NFL, some teams, some fans, are hypocrites. The Chiefs owner and GM will gladly cheer on Tyreek Hill for the rest of the season but Hunt has to go. Why not make a real stand and kick them both off the team?
I agree that the NFL is inconsistent and hypocritical...

I do believe that you're reviewing the situation wrongly if one of your first statements on it basically was that, this was "tame". That's the wrong message to send and it isn't up to us to grade how tame this is or not, to me the point is that Hunt had an opportunity to react differently but he incited the physical altercation, and wouldn't remove himself. Add to that, he had a physical altercation with a man at a bar just four months later. Kareem Hunt has anger and behavioral issues; a pattern has been shown and that's where the focus on him should be directed. Furthermore, he has admitted to lying to his team about the incident, which shows a manipulation and a person not even acknowledging he did something wrong here. Not whether or not he showed restraint, he clearly didn't show enough...

Kicking Hill off the team would be the wrong move here as well, because they would be applying punishment retroactively. That would speak to the inconsistencies on the part of The League that you and I agree on. There was an opportunity to handle Hill the right way. They didn't do it. Now it would again look like the Chiefs/NFL are just trying to save face for being caught doing the wrong thing again...

For the record, sure, what Hill's situation was described as appears worse, but again, I'm a huge believer that domestic situations should not be compared, and weighed on a singular basis. There is no "one size fits all" punishment here, and banning everybody charged or convicted of DV would further be mishandling the issue...

Old 12-02-2018, 11:35 PM

16,522 posts, read 20,966,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
I think this thread is getting out of wack; I think everybody needs to calm down

It might be a little late for that. Threads of this type subject get nasty in a hurry but I stayed out of the way to see how far it had gone. I'll take a look at this thing tomorrow morning and make a decision on it. An awful lot of unnecessary name calling here.

Closed for moderator review.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 12-02-2018 at 11:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football