U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 09:36 AM

5,754 posts, read 4,228,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Packers have their coach, Matt LaFleur, a great choice, I think. All the McDaniels rumors were wrong apparently.
I think McDaniels is still holding out to inherit the Pats when BB retires.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2019, 10:35 AM

11,722 posts, read 11,545,104 times
He thanked Packers for the interview and says his book is closed on interviewing for a HC job. He probably does want BB's job (who knows when that will be) and also him backing out on the Colts job probably doesn't sit well with teams.

Old 01-08-2019, 11:47 AM

1,242 posts, read 636,323 times
[quote=ipkl07;54081145]That franchise should have left northern Ohio a long time ago. The population is leaving Ohio and Michigan in droves for decades. Yes, there's still people in Ohio. If those places were so great people would be moving in and not out. Not to mention the jobs along with it. If you lose population no reason to keep a franchise there, Detroit lions should move out as well. Browns can go to Oakland if raiders move to Vegas. Lions to San Antonio where Texas is the fastest growing state. Las Vegas is also growing.

Dude, you are truly ignorant when it comes to the NFL and cities. Just because an NFL team is in a big city doesn't mean it's gonna do well. The Bears, who made the playoffs this year, ranked 26th in total attendance and they play in Chicago with a huge population and some long money. While Green Bay finished 4th in attendance, and the Browns finished 19th while they play in mid and smaller markets.

Plus, you can have an NFL in any city and make money. Plus, you can sell an NFL team for up to a billion, no matter what. Jimmy Haslam brought the Browns for a billion a few years ago. FYI, Oakland is in the Bay area with San Fran across from it with a large area and state population and they're moving to Vegas. Not because of the city's population, or it's not glamorous enough but because Oakland wouldn't fund them a new stadium. It's a person in previous post said it's not like the MLB.

Old 01-08-2019, 01:25 PM

5,754 posts, read 4,228,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
He thanked Packers for the interview and says his book is closed on interviewing for a HC job. He probably does want BB's job (who knows when that will be) and also him backing out on the Colts job probably doesn't sit well with teams.
I was thinking about this today. Daniels and the Pats might want to be careful how they approach this. If, Josh is, indeed, saving himself for the Pats coaching job, then how do they approach this without looking as if interviewing other coaching candidates is just a formality? I mean, maybe it doesn't matter, but you have to satisfy the Rooney Rule, right? Or is that still a thing? And if I'm a minority interviewing the Pat's job, I'd feel a little used knowing I don't have a chance of landing the job, and I'm just a part of a formality the team goes through in order to hire the guy they truly want.

Old 01-08-2019, 02:15 PM

I've thought about it, too as Caldwell gets these interviews, how does he feel about it. I would think in the back of his mind, it would be bothersome. He interviewed for the Packers job and probably no chance of getting it. NFL puts a rule in, teams comply and still don't hire minorities to key positions.

Old 01-08-2019, 04:28 PM

4,980 posts, read 11,046,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
I was thinking about this today. Daniels and the Pats might want to be careful how they approach this. If, Josh is, indeed, saving himself for the Pats coaching job, then how do they approach this without looking as if interviewing other coaching candidates is just a formality? I mean, maybe it doesn't matter, but you have to satisfy the Rooney Rule, right? Or is that still a thing? And if I'm a minority interviewing the Pat's job, I'd feel a little used knowing I don't have a chance of landing the job, and I'm just a part of a formality the team goes through in order to hire the guy they truly want.
How is this different than what other teams have already done over the years???

First, off no one knows that McDaniels is "holding out" for the Pats job or that there is any arrangement in place for this occur...

Secondly, BB has given no indication that he is anywhere close to hanging up his hoodie so this is all just speculation....

How did any of the minority candidates feel about interviewing for the Raider's job last season???

Every one on the planet knew that job was going to Chuckie......

The Pats shouldn't need to be careful about how they approach anything....although it is true over the years the NFL has shown there are different rules for other teams when it comes to discipline and how the Pats are disciplined....

Old 01-09-2019, 09:02 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,856,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
although it is true over the years the NFL has shown there are different rules for other teams when it comes to discipline and how the Pats are disciplined....
Saints might disagree.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:21 AM

Definitely, teams breaking rules, fan always complaining about the discipline never changes. Saints fans probably think the Pats got off easy compared to what happened to the Saints. Don't do questionable things, no issue!

Old 01-09-2019, 11:04 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,574,161 times
Browns may announce current OC Freddie Kitchens as new HC today.

Old 01-09-2019, 12:55 PM

1,242 posts, read 636,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Browns may announce current OC Freddie Kitchens as new HC today.
It's been already announced that Freddie Kitchens is the Browns new head coach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or