U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 09:36 PM

11,057 posts, read 3,753,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post

i also dont see the cowboys losing three in a row, nor do i see the eagles winning three in a row, but this season has been a model of inconsistency in results.
Eagles already won the toughest game out of their last 3 @ the Rams. All they have left is the Texans @ Philly (my money is with Philly) and Washington who are in their what 4th QB?

Vikings are @ Detroit and play the Bears (all division games which makes them close and competitive).......If the Eagles win their last 2 games and the Vikings lose 1 of their last 2 then Eagles get the last spot in the playoffs. I trust Foles more than Cousins to win out the last 2 games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2018, 08:21 AM

17,600 posts, read 8,827,681 times
I think Wentz has the POTENTIAL to be a better QB than Nick Foles. However, he isn't there yet. Foles shows the poise, and cool head of a veteran QB that has won big games over, and over in his career. Foles has proven he is CLUTCH. Wentz has NOT proven that yet. Can Wentz become that? Of course, but he is also injury prone, so one has to wonder if he will complete a season, and be able to get a team deep into the playoffs.

At this point, even if Wentz were 100% healthy, I'd have to hitch my wagon to Nick Foles once AGAIN.

Old 12-18-2018, 09:16 AM

27,093 posts, read 5,877,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I think Wentz has the POTENTIAL to be a better QB than Nick Foles. However, he isn't there yet. Foles shows the poise, and cool head of a veteran QB that has won big games over, and over in his career. Foles has proven he is CLUTCH. Wentz has NOT proven that yet. Can Wentz become that? Of course, but he is also injury prone, so one has to wonder if he will complete a season, and be able to get a team deep into the playoffs.

At this point, even if Wentz were 100% healthy, I'd have to hitch my wagon to Nick Foles once AGAIN.

Is Wentz expected to be back this season?

Old 12-19-2018, 06:48 AM

17,600 posts, read 8,827,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Is Wentz expected to be back this season?
The Eagles are saying he is DAY to DAY, so it is possible. I don't think it will happen though as I think they don't want to risk it. If I were the Eagles, I would sit Wentz for the rest of the season, and make sure he is healthy either for next season or to trade. Foles should take them the rest of this season at least.

Old 01-13-2019, 11:43 AM
Status: "Recipe for failure. Overanalyze." (set 3 days ago)

706 posts, read 856,039 times
Talking Live to Fight another Day!!! Go Eagles!!!

Philadelphia has a problem. Archie Manning had a problem. They were named: Cooper, Peyton and Eli. He got by and look where they got. Sometimes you just do not look a gift horse in the mouth. We have ridden a long way. Ups and Downs like a merry go round but when the cream surfaced to the top and the time was right we have ourselves a showdown. Eagles vs New Orleans Saints. How do you try and predict a score? Neither team nor player got there because they didn't know how the game is played. Today Drew and Nick look to be in their "A" Game and sad part is one of these guys has to be on the losing team. You know even if the Eagles win another Super Bowl there will be some fans in one particular part of the country that will be doubters. Lets take a look who they beat to get here. LA Rams, Houston Texans, and the Chicago Bears. I admire the likes of Matt Nagy; note I say admire not appreciate. He was a man of conviction and to me he wrote: "If you want to be the best" not a "Chicken ____" "then you have to beat the best and then you are true Super Bowl Champions." Matt no doubt will have his day in the sun. I never knew how the one saying could hit so close to home and be decisive: "That's the way the ball bounces". You got to love it. The NFL is delivering a product and even though we ______ and Moan week to week about something its gets our adrenaline going. I hate to admit this but I couldn' t watch the field goal attempt. When last years final pass in the Super Bowl was made I was standing up hands to the face. Its just gets you going. Next year enter the Mix of a Better Minnesota Team, Cleveland and more and we are "Ready for some football". Here goes. Well after anything but a boring start the Eagles got it going. Foles behind a healthier line that looked like Romans securing the gate wouldn't let any one touch him for the last 2 quarters. Score going into halftime was not shocking Foles throwing for 2 Touchdowns and getting the team to field goal range twice. Brees was just Brees 3 touchdowns in the first half. Game not over Foles outlast Brees and the team together puts another 24 points on the scoreboard and leaving up only 17 added points to New Orleans. Score: 44-38. Eagles move on. If I am wrong well -- welcome to the crowd. No mater who wins it will be game to watch. Go Eagles! We got your back Nick win or lose.

Last edited by Norm Barnes; 01-13-2019 at 11:47 AM.. Reason: Correct score adding possible missed extra point

Old 01-16-2019, 01:07 PM

11,419 posts, read 20,245,949 times
Seems like the Eagles don't value Foles - maybe the Steelers can pick him up?

Old 01-16-2019, 02:02 PM

1,331 posts, read 1,013,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Seems like the Eagles don't value Foles - maybe the Steelers can pick him up?

No. Foles wants to be a starting QB and wouldn't get that chance in Pittsburgh. Jacksonville has been suggested as a possible destination, as they have some talent on their team but fell on their face this year and need a solution at QB.

It will be interesting to see what kind of compensation the Eagles get for him. They apparently were offered at least a 2nd round pick for him last offseason but refused to do it because Wentz was coming back from an injury and wasn't likely to be ready for the start of the season.

Old 01-16-2019, 03:08 PM

4,976 posts, read 11,039,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
No. Foles wants to be a starting QB and wouldn't get that chance in Pittsburgh. Jacksonville has been suggested as a possible destination, as they have some talent on their team but fell on their face this year and need a solution at QB.

It will be interesting to see what kind of compensation the Eagles get for him. They apparently were offered at least a 2nd round pick for him last offseason but refused to do it because Wentz was coming back from an injury and wasn't likely to be ready for the start of the season.
They aren't going to get any compensation for him....if the Eagles pick up his option then Foles only has to pay 2 million to become a free agent and negotiate a long term contract with the team of his choice, after seeing what the Vikings gave Cousins who didn't have half the pedigree of Foles he can pretty much have the team of his choice back up the Brinks truck...

Only way Eagles can trade Foles for compensation would be to franchise tag him at around 25 million with no guarantee that another team would be willing to trade for a player on a 25 million franchise tag with no guarantee Foles would then sign a long term deal...

Old 01-16-2019, 03:30 PM

6,776 posts, read 10,171,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
They aren't going to get any compensation for him....if the Eagles pick up his option then Foles only has to pay 2 million to become a free agent and negotiate a long term contract with the team of his choice, after seeing what the Vikings gave Cousins who didn't have half the pedigree of Foles he can pretty much have the team of his choice back up the Brinks truck...

Only way Eagles can trade Foles for compensation would be to franchise tag him at around 25 million with no guarantee that another team would be willing to trade for a player on a 25 million franchise tag with no guarantee Foles would then sign a long term deal...

This is correct.

Old 01-16-2019, 10:09 PM

4,291 posts, read 1,855,533 times
I’m surprised they were so quick to say Wentz is their guy. I would at least leave it open to entertain trade offers. Wentz was regularly injured in college and now it has been the same in the NFL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football