Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 06:29 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,221,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Foles could probably start for the majority of NFL teams.
No.....he wouldn't......

Nick is a "decent" QB who had a spectacular playoff run last season and a nice little run at the end of this season...he certainly wasn't very good against the Saints last week in a very winnable game for the Eagles if Foles had played better...

He is a career 61% passer with 66 TD's and 33 INT's spread over parts of 7 seasons....

He is Kirk Cousins with a better post season resume.

There are at least 20 QB's including most of the rookies from this years class I would take over Foles if I were a GM looking for a QB to lead my team through the regular season.

I still think a GM is going to over pay for him and probably get a Case Keenum/Kirk Cousins clone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2019, 06:17 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,109,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
No.....he wouldn't......

Nick is a "decent" QB who had a spectacular playoff run last season and a nice little run at the end of this season...he certainly wasn't very good against the Saints last week in a very winnable game for the Eagles if Foles had played better...

He is a career 61% passer with 66 TD's and 33 INT's spread over parts of 7 seasons....

There are at least 20 QB's including most of the rookies from this years class I would take over Foles if I were a GM looking for a QB to lead my team through the regular season.

I still think a GM is going to over pay for him and probably get a Case Keenum/Kirk Cousins clone.
I would agree that some GM will over pay for him, but that is the nature of the game with free agent QBs in the NFL. I still think he is an above average starting NFL QB. Cousins nor Keenum have ever proven they can get it done in the big games.

Old 01-18-2019, 05:24 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,221,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
I would agree that some GM will over pay for him, but that is the nature of the game with free agent QBs in the NFL. I still think he is an above average starting NFL QB. Cousins nor Keenum have ever proven they can get it done in the big games.
Keenum played plenty well enough in the Divisional Round against the Saints in 2017, not great in the NFC Championship but that game was as much about the Vikings Defense as the offense...

Career stats for Keenum and Foles are remarkably similar otherwise for regular season, nearly identical

Old 01-21-2019, 08:54 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
No.....he wouldn't......

I think you're wrong. What I think sets Foles apart is his ability to lead a team more than Keenum or Cousins. Also, he was a Super Bowl MVP where neither of these quarterbacks were and probably never will be.

Foles has his flaws, like any other quarterback, but he is a leader, that his team mates want to play for. Maybe Wentz isn't?

https://www.phillyvoice.com/carson-w...t-team-player/

Old 01-21-2019, 12:45 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I think you're wrong. What I think sets Foles apart is his ability to lead a team more than Keenum or Cousins. Also, he was a Super Bowl MVP where neither of these quarterbacks were and probably never will be.

Foles has his flaws, like any other quarterback, but he is a leader, that his team mates want to play for. Maybe Wentz isn't?

https://www.phillyvoice.com/carson-w...t-team-player/

exactly right. foles LEADS his team. and his teammates like playing for him because he is laid back and doesnt let a bad play affect him. foles is not a tom brady/brett favre/dan marino/what ever other hall of fame qb you can think of. but he does get the job done, as evidenced by the super bowl win last year, and getting the eagles to the second round of the playoffs this year.

last years team was a bit out of sorts with the loss of wentz for the season, yet foles pulled the team together and won. this year the team was out of sorts and going nowhere when wentz went down again, and he pulled the team together and again took them to the playoffs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football