U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 11:55 AM

8,622 posts, read 5,403,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac77 View Post
Good point, ipaper. I don't think it matters for the Chargers to have homefield as much as other teams considering their fans are outnumbered by the opposing team's fans at home games. I think the first-round bye would be more enticing for the Chargers than the homefield advantage. Chargers will probably beat the Ravens. I just went with the Ravens because my picking record is so bad I have nothing to lose.
Lol, can't be any worst than mine. But, anything is possible you know. The Ravens are going to give it everything they got, a win and a Steelers loss at New Orleans and they will be division leaders. Being a Steelers fan, I pulling for the Chargers also, I don't give the Steelers much of a chance against the Saints.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2018, 01:12 PM

11,057 posts, read 3,773,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Lol, can't be any worst than mine. But, anything is possible you know. The Ravens are going to give it everything they got, a win and a Steelers loss at New Orleans and they will be division leaders. Being a Steelers fan, I pulling for the Chargers also, I don't give the Steelers much of a chance against the Saints.
it doesn't matter, whoever gets the #4 seed, they are screwed because they would have to play the Chiefs or Chargers in the wild card weekend and then if they get past that they have to get on a plane and play Chiefs/Chargers back to back just to make it to the AFC championship game.....the #4 seed has to play the 2 top AFC teams back to back.....that's a tough path in that seed.

I think the easier route to the AFC championship game is the #2 seed and #3 seed.......once the playoff picture is clear you will see what I'm talking about.

Old 12-20-2018, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
it doesn't matter, whoever gets the #4 seed, they are screwed because they would have to play the Chiefs or Chargers in the wild card weekend and then if they get past that they have to get on a plane and play Chiefs/Chargers back to back just to make it to the AFC championship game.....the #4 seed has to play the 2 top AFC teams back to back.....that's a tough path in that seed.

I think the easier route to the AFC championship game is the #2 seed and #3 seed.......once the playoff picture is clear you will see what I'm talking about.
Oh I agree, it's a tough road for the #4 seed no doubt. I just still want to see them win the division at least. If they were playing like the team that won those 5 games in a row, to go to 7-2-1, then that team would have a fighting chance. I don't know where that team went, they never make it easy. At one point they were the #2 seed and could have been the #1 seed, then the 3 game skid and the Conner injury.

Old 12-20-2018, 03:14 PM

4,891 posts, read 3,982,300 times
I am not changing my picks, even though I am in last place, being like the Pesky Red Birds or Raiders is not so bad at times......

Old 12-20-2018, 07:19 PM

578 posts, read 763,856 times
🎄🎄🎄🎄 HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!! 🎄🎄🎄🎄

Washington Redskins @ Tennessee Titans
Baltimore Ravens @ Los Angeles Chargers
Cincinnati Bengals @ Cleveland Browns
Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Dallas Cowboys
Minnesota Vikings @ Detroit Lions
New York Giants @ Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars @ Miami Dolphins
Buffalo Bills @ New England Patriots
Green Bay Packers @ New York Jets
Houston Texans @ Philadelphia Eagles
Atlanta Falcons @ Carolina Panthers
Los Angeles Rams @ Arizona Cardinals
Chicago Bears @ San Francisco 49ers
Pittsburgh Steelers @ New Orleans Saints
Kansas City Chiefs @ Seattle Seahawks
Denver Broncos @ Oakland Raiders

9-7 last week
142-80 season

Old 12-21-2018, 06:30 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,135,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I am not changing my picks, even though I am in last place, being like the Pesky Red Birds or Raiders is not so bad at times......

Old 12-21-2018, 10:11 AM

6,551 posts, read 4,505,106 times
Last week: 9-7
Overall: 143-79-2

Washington @ Tennessee. If Tennessee is serious about a shot at making the playoffs, this is a game they MUST win.
Baltimore @ Los Angeles Chargers. This is one of the better games of the weekend. I'll take the Chargers at home.

Cincinnati @ Cleveland. Browns at home still with a chance to finish with a winning record.
Tampa Bay @ Dallas. Cowboys rebound from the Colts fiasco last weekend.
Minnesota @ Detroit. 2 bad teams, I'll take the Vikes on the road.
New York Giants @ Indianapolis. See the Washington/Tennessee game. If the Colts want a chance at the playoffs, this is a game they MUST win as well.
Jacksonville @ Miami. Battle of Florida which the Dolphins will prevail.
Buffalo @ New England. In what is an oddity in the Brady & Bill era, the Pats are playing a week 16 game WITHOUT the division officially sewn up, but that will change as they officially lock up the East with a win.
Green Bay @ New York Jets. Get their first road win in the last road game they'll play in the season.
Houston @ Philadelphia. Texans stay ahead of the Pats in the race for the 2nd bye in the AFC playoff race.
Atlanta @ Carolina. Both disappointing teams, but the Falcons are more excusable because the Falcons have injuries up and down the roster. I wonder if River boat Ron survives this fall??
Los Angeles Rams @ Arizona. Rams rebound easily over Colt's Cards.
Chicago @ San Francisco. I'll take the Bears at home.
Pittsburgh @ New Orleans. Fun game, should have a bunch of points scored, but tough to pick against the Saints in the dome.
Kansas City @ Seattle. I'll be honestly, after starting the season 0-2, I thought the Seahawks were done, but look at that, here they are. They still have a pretty good home field advantage, this and Arrowhead are probably the 2 toughest places to play in the NFL, and the 12th man will be rocking on Sunday evening.

Denver @ Oakland. Imagine this: opening up early Christmas presents on Christmas Eve. You get a nice 75 inch TV to put in your living room, and your first game on that TV is this snooze fest

Old 12-21-2018, 12:19 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,863,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Carolina will finally win this weekend, but too little too late.
ipaper,

Can you do me a favor and edit your post so that your picks do not include my name in the quote.

It's just a little confusing as it looks like I actually made those picks rather than yourself. Best thing to doin the future is just copy and past I think rather than quote.

Thanks.

Old 12-21-2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
ipaper,

Can you do me a favor and edit your post so that your picks do not include my name in the quote.

It's just a little confusing as it looks like I actually made those picks rather than yourself. Best thing to doin the future is just copy and past I think rather than quote.

Thanks.
Oh, so my picks are so bad, you don't want to be associated with them I see. Lol, just kidding I'm sorry about, I will correct that next time around.

Old 12-21-2018, 01:17 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,863,980 times
My Picks

Tennessee
Los Angeles Chargers
Cleveland
Dallas
Minnesota
Indianapolis
Miami
New England
New York Jets
Houston
Atlanta
Los Angeles Rams
Chicago
New Orleans
Seattle
Denver

And my wagers for this week:

Washington +11
Houston +2.5
Buffalo +13.5
Baltimore +5.5
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football