U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2019, 06:04 PM

517 posts, read 568,025 times

Advertisements

No body predicted Chiefs defense would play like that....home field + weather definitely helped....and whatever was cursing Vinateri....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2019, 06:11 PM

4,338 posts, read 2,266,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginmqi View Post
No body predicted Chiefs defense would play like that....home field + weather definitely helped....and whatever was cursing Vinateri....

Old age perhaps ? I think that KC was ready to break that home playoff curse.

Old 01-12-2019, 06:16 PM

517 posts, read 568,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Old age perhaps ? I think that KC was ready to break that home playoff curse.
Very very true. The other 40 year old kicker, janikowski, got injured as well and was doing a routine kick.

And with the cold + older age/body....definitely is a risk.

Stats for Vinateri is something like 97/97 of FGs made when it's that short....that's like the first FG he ever missed that was that short....insane

Old 01-12-2019, 08:18 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,533,960 times
That was a terrible challenge by McVay, costing the Rams a timeout. Though he probably cost the info from upstairs. With the Dallas touchdown and 2-pointer, it's quite the ball game.

Old 01-13-2019, 06:19 AM

4,212 posts, read 2,831,702 times
I so want Andy Reid to do well. One of my all-time favorite coaches. This was a strong and prepared effort by him. He now is gonna get a chance to exorcise his Championship Sunday ghosts (where he's only 1-4 on his career), at home...

This running attack for KC was missing since Hunt was dismissed, and this defensive acuity was missing all year. If they can sustain that play, we know KC's offense can be more explosive, the Chiefs have a great chance to win the whole thing...

The Rams absolutely bludgeoned Dallas in a game that didn't feel as close as the final score. After the early Dak-to-Cooper TD, LA completely took over the game. I was impressed with their defense as a whole finally playing up to their potential. The ball control, run dominance, dominance at the line on both sides, this was a huge breakthrough for a Rams team that struggled the last month of the season. I picked this right though, and if they can play like this, they can beat anyone...

The Rams are back in the NFC Championship for the first time in 17 years, since the Greatest Show on Turf in '01 that ultimately helped start the Brady/Belichick dynasty. In the process, they extend the Cowboys Championship Sunday drought to 24 years and counting. It's amazing, there are diehard Cowboy fans around the nation that have never witnessed the Cowboys as a championship franchise, that are full grown adults now...

The Chiefs had a longer Championship Sunday drought than Dallas, but snap it after 25 years! Great time to be a Chiefs fan!!

Old 01-13-2019, 06:31 AM

4,888 posts, read 3,975,734 times
And another nemesis falls.......goodbye Jerry Jones and the Cowboys
Now the good news. One of the remaining two teams whom I despise will be out today as the Hatriots play the Homeless Chargers. Bad news is that one of those two gets into the AFC championship game next week in KC.

Old 01-13-2019, 08:01 AM

115 posts, read 25,225 times
The Rams uniforms looked great last night. They said they would change them in 2020 when they move to a new stadium but I think they should just keep the ones from last night.

Old 01-13-2019, 08:07 AM

6,777 posts, read 10,177,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonwoodbao View Post
The Rams uniforms looked great last night. They said they would change them in 2020 when they move to a new stadium but I think they should just keep the ones from last night.

I like them as well. They looked nice and crisp on TV.

Old 01-13-2019, 08:58 AM

27,093 posts, read 5,907,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
I so want Andy Reid to do well. One of my all-time favorite coaches. This was a strong and prepared effort by him. He now is gonna get a chance to exorcise his Championship Sunday ghosts (where he's only 1-4 on his career), at home...

This running attack for KC was missing since Hunt was dismissed, and this defensive acuity was missing all year. If they can sustain that play, we know KC's offense can be more explosive, the Chiefs have a great chance to win the whole thing...

The Rams absolutely bludgeoned Dallas in a game that didn't feel as close as the final score. After the early Dak-to-Cooper TD, LA completely took over the game. I was impressed with their defense as a whole finally playing up to their potential. The ball control, run dominance, dominance at the line on both sides, this was a huge breakthrough for a Rams team that struggled the last month of the season. I picked this right though, and if they can play like this, they can beat anyone...

The Rams are back in the NFC Championship for the first time in 17 years, since the Greatest Show on Turf in '01 that ultimately helped start the Brady/Belichick dynasty. In the process, they extend the Cowboys Championship Sunday drought to 24 years and counting. It's amazing, there are diehard Cowboy fans around the nation that have never witnessed the Cowboys as a championship franchise, that are full grown adults now...

The Chiefs had a longer Championship Sunday drought than Dallas, but snap it after 25 years! Great time to be a Chiefs fan!!

What a gift is Pat Mahomes! So much fun to watch...and he appears so unassuming, relaxed, no puffed out chest...mature yet young and talented, quite a good mix.

Old 01-13-2019, 09:27 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,550,474 times
Thought the games were awesome even though I picked the Colts, glad the Chiefs won, good team win & for Reid!

Cowboys have missed their Championship game chances '14, '16 and '18, still working on Garrett's extension? I'm not seeing it with Dak, fans keep saying wait, he'll get there, will he? He isn't like Mahomes, he's been playing awhile.

I liked the use of the ground game for these teams, instead of high powered offense, definitely says something, KC doesn't have to win off the arm of their QB but they can no doubt. I'm not convinced Dallas has an option if Zeke gets shut down (as witnessed yesterday).

Should be great games today, go Chargers and Eagles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football