Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2019, 05:04 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
I really thought they had a shot to win that game. The Patriots changed their game around and took it to them. The Chargers were out-classed, out-played and embarrassingly out-coached in the first half. The second half was just a technicality.
Classic Belichick really. No better game preparing in the game today and perhaps ever. Interesting to see if the Chiefs can simply out run the Pats or what Belichick will have in mind for Mahommes. Although i would like to see some new blood in the AFC, i still always enjoy a veteran team putting the up and coming team back in their place.. should be fun to watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2019, 05:43 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,935,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
No shame in losing by 6 to the Saints.

That's going to be eating at Jeffery all off-season...

Generally, no, especially on the road. My issue is it was 14-0 Eagles. If it had been 14-0 Saints and they lost by six, I would agree.

Old 01-14-2019, 06:32 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Generally, no, especially on the road. My issue is it was 14-0 Eagles. If it had been 14-0 Saints and they lost by six, I would agree.
Yea, nothing after the quick 14 points.. UGH! They have to do more than that, especially against the Saints. The defense did their part.. kudos to them.. Offense was non existent after the 1st qtr.

Old 01-14-2019, 12:39 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Yea, nothing after the quick 14 points.. UGH! They have to do more than that, especially against the Saints. The defense did their part.. kudos to them.. Offense was non existent after the 1st qtr.
The Eagles were even moving the ball when Foles threw the INT that led to the fake punt eventually, and the Saints first points in the game. I didnt think the Eagles O would go into hibernation at that point...

Old 01-14-2019, 02:31 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
The Eagles were even moving the ball when Foles threw the INT that led to the fake punt eventually, and the Saints first points in the game. I didnt think the Eagles O would go into hibernation at that point...
Brandon Brooks injured. Zero production after that.

5 yards per carry on the ground while he was in.

1.6 yards per carry after the Achilles injury.

Pass protection was probably also affected where Foles may have had to get rid of the ball quicker.

Old 01-14-2019, 04:10 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Brandon Brooks injured. Zero production after that.

5 yards per carry on the ground while he was in.

1.6 yards per carry after the Achilles injury.

Pass protection was probably also affected where Foles may have had to get rid of the ball quicker.
I can agree with that. Brooks was All-Pro this season if I remember correctly, right?

Old 01-14-2019, 06:03 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,935,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
I can agree with that. Brooks was All-Pro this season if I remember correctly, right?

Correct. Losing him made a huge difference in their run game.

Old 01-15-2019, 03:49 AM

5,825 posts, read 5,632,476 times
Chiefs will beat the Patriots. They are looking dominant...

Saints have my heart and I'm riding with them, but a Rams win wouldn't surprise...

These are going to be two very good games. The four teams that everybody thought all year were the four best teams...

Old 01-16-2019, 11:00 AM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times
I wonder if the Pats win the Super Bowl this year if Brady & Belicheck would retire?? That's about the only reason I'd actually want the Patriots to win. I don't care if they are playing the Rams or Saints I have a less than 0% interest in watching the Patriots in another Super Bowl. Any other combination of Chiefs/Saints/Rams would be great to watch.

I'll make my picks on Sunday afternoon.

Old 01-16-2019, 11:27 AM

5,825 posts, read 5,632,476 times
The Rams are appearing in their 10th NFC Championship Game as a franchise. Going into Sunday, the Rams are 3-6 all time on Championship Sunday, including 1-4 on the road. Their only road win was the 1979 NFC title game at Tampa (won 9-0)...

This will be the Saints third appearance in the NFC title game, all occurring in the Payton/Brees era. They are 1-1 so far, winning their only home game in OT over the Vikings in 2009. That is one if the more memorable playoff games I've seen in my 20 years watching the game. It was exciting from wire to wire, Favre's last great stand...

I think we should take some time later to appreciate Payton and Brees transforming what had been inarguably one of the worst franchises in all of sports and making them one of the more exciting teams to watch for the last dozen years. Their impact, though at a lower scale, has not been unlike Brady and Belichick in New England, for their city and franchise...

This is the Patriots 15th AFC Championship appearance. They are 10-4 all time, with now 13 of the franchise's 15 Championship Sunday berths being authored by Belichick and Brady. Now, the Patriots are only 3-3 in road games in this round, so they can be had on the road...

The Chiefs lost their first previous AFC title appearance in '93 at the Bills. Unless you count the AFL Championships in 1966 (beat Bills, lost SB I to the Packers) and 1969 (beat Raiders, beat Vikings in SB IV), that would make the Chiefs 2-1 in the conference championship...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football