U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 08:33 PM

4,990 posts, read 11,080,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star691 View Post
Think again.
The Chiefs defense held the Raiders to just 3 points, and Carr was picked twice in yesterday’s game. Everyone already knows the Chiefs offense’s capabilities.
Wait.....you think stopping the Oakland offense is an accomplishment???

The Chiefs finished with the 31st ranked defense, don't think a team has ever reached a Super Bowl with as poor of a defense as the Chiefs....

Chiefs also went 3-4 against teams with winning records this season....they are more than a little over rated.

They have the potential of going on a 3 game tear scoring 40+ points a game in the playoffs and raising a Lombardi, anything can happen, but it isn't likely...

They haven't fared so well against good teams which is all they will see in the playoffs...and yes there is the Andy Reid factor....11-13 record in the playoffs.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2019, 09:27 PM

578 posts, read 764,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Wait.....you think stopping the Oakland offense is an accomplishment???
No.
Chiefs defense performed better in general, that was the point.

Old 01-02-2019, 06:16 AM

4,223 posts, read 2,854,571 times
Kansas City is on upset alert already and they don't even play this week. There is a lot of pressure mounting and the only person who may not feel pressure is Mahomes. I'm not confident about KC at home against any of their potential opponents. I'd be absolutely stunned if KC advanced to the Super Bowl...

Old 01-02-2019, 07:49 AM

11,729 posts, read 11,572,611 times
I'm wondering about the Colts, no one is talking about them, odds way down the list but something tells me they could be the surprise team.

Old 01-02-2019, 08:58 AM

10,720 posts, read 11,129,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I'm wondering about the Colts, no one is talking about them, odds way down the list but something tells me they could be the surprise team.
They have to beat the Texans, obviously. But if they do I really like their chances to go into Kansas City and hang with the Chiefs. I'm not convinced by the Chiefs' defensive performance against the Raiders. And that Colts offense likely wouldn't struggle at all against them, save perhaps crowd noise. Colts defense has also been playing pretty well. I could see them winning a 34-31 type shootout.

Old 01-02-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star691 View Post
No.
Chiefs defense performed better in general, that was the point.
Again....against the Raiders.....opponent matters....context matters

I still don't see your "point"

They gave up 38 points the week before to the Seahawks.....they didn't "fix" all their problems in a week, they just played the Raiders is all

In 6 games against teams that made the playoffs this year the Chiefs gave up an average of 36 points per game

The Chiefs went 2-4 against those playoff teams this season.

Chiefs had a tremendous season, they have an MVP caliber QB....they absolutely have a chance to win it all this season....

But if I were a Chiefs fan, I wouldn't be feeling so confident going into the post season not with the past playoff history in mind, Andy Reid's playoff history and head scratching decisions in the playoffs and not with the history THIS season when the Chiefs played good teams...

Old 01-02-2019, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
They have to beat the Texans, obviously. But if they do I really like their chances to go into Kansas City and hang with the Chiefs. I'm not convinced by the Chiefs' defensive performance against the Raiders. And that Colts offense likely wouldn't struggle at all against them, save perhaps crowd noise. Colts defense has also been playing pretty well. I could see them winning a 34-31 type shootout.
I'm with you, I think the Colts are the most dangerous team in the AFC playoffs right now....

Chiefs homefield advantage is huge, really helps them being the 1 seed but they are 3-3 in their last 6 games and 2 of those wins came against the Raiders.

Ravens are the other hot team in the AFC right now, I just don't trust the QB if the Ravens fall behind and have to pass, but if they play from a lead with that defense and running attack they could definitely go all the way.

Chargers are 5-1 last 6 but they really played an egg against the Ravens when they still had a shot at the 1 seed and now they see the Ravens again, but Chargers and Colts probably the most complete teams in the AFC playoffs...definitely a threat. Something about the Chargers and playoffs though....hard to trust them

Texans are right there as well and have been hot, I love Deshaun and he is a legitimate "big game QB"....they have a real shot

Pats, lifelong fan, but I just don't trust the defense or the passing attack, not enough weapons...

That being said, getting the 2 seed was huge, only 1 home win (where they were 8-0 this season) from yet another AFC Championship game, and home or away, I wouldn't bet against Brady and Belichick in a Championship Game.....Brady's "decline" is also waaaay over rated....this season was comparable to many when the Pats won a SB including 2014 when he led what was then the greatest Superbowl comeback of all time...

Old 01-02-2019, 09:29 AM

6,783 posts, read 10,194,485 times
I agree that the Colts are very dangerous. Knew they would smash the Titans last week. I picked them to win this week.

Old 01-03-2019, 06:37 PM

1,272 posts, read 503,246 times
Seahawks vs. Cowboys.

Can't call this one although I'm biased towards Seattle.

O-line of SEA needs to get healthy IMO, and EE needs to be contained.

Hope Chris Carson has a 100+ yard day and Shaq Griffin is healthy on the D.

Old 01-04-2019, 04:23 AM

578 posts, read 764,976 times
Ravens are who the Chiefs should really be concerned about in the AFC picture. Mid January weather in KC can be brutal. Ravens look like the best cold weather team to face the Chiefs. Forget about the Patriots, KC is like kryptonite to them.
Not getting on the Colts bandwagon either. No team has ever started 1-5 and advanced to the SB. Titans didn’t play well last week, and made the Colts look way better than they really are.
People keep bringing up the recent win-loss record of the Chiefs. They were within one first down of beating the Chargers and lost by only one point. In fact, all of the Chiefs 4 losses have been close games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football