Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 09:08 PM

5,822 posts, read 5,630,594 times

Advertisements

The Chiefs are officially on upset alert. I'm taking Indy on the road to upset the fake MVP next week!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2019, 09:23 PM

Congrats to Dallas, they were the better team and deserved this one...

Carroll is going to have to diversify their offense next season. You have a quarterback like Russell Wilson and you run the ball on third downs, run it on the first two downs. He has only attempted 21 passes at the 2 minute warning. Russell Wilson is your quarterback!!

The Seahawks ran the ball 55% of the time in the regular season. I really don't get this logic. You do want to be balanced, but that doesn't mean 50/50, and you should never be running more than passing when you have an elite QB. Live by the sword, die by it, the Hawks left yards and extended/extra possessions on the field by continually taking the ball out of Wilson's hands and forcing a ground game that couldn't even gain half of their regular season average (which was 160/game)...

This is also where I need to see Wilson's maturity as a player next year. He's a legitimate franchise QB, why in the F*CK wouldn't you audible at the line and take some chances earlier in the game? The gotdamn running game was in check all game. It's your responsibility to put the team on your shoulders when they really need you. They needed you to be the man all gotdamn game long...

Old 01-05-2019, 09:25 PM

The part that's really screwed up is that when they finally entrusted Wilson's arm I'm garbage team, they moved the ball. Too little too late, this really hurts me bad, this game could have been had...

Old 01-05-2019, 09:34 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,024,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
The Seahawks ran the ball 55% of the time in the regular season. I really don't get this logic. You do want to be balanced, but that doesn't mean 50/50, and you should never be running more than passing when you have an elite QB. Live by the sword, die by it, the Hawks left yards and extended/extra possessions on the field by continually taking the ball out of Wilson's hands and forcing a ground game that couldn't even gain half of their regular season average (which was 160/game)...
Agree, the Dallas defense was shutting down the run all game. I was waiting for Russ to take this game over with his arm (or legs), never happened.

And when the Cowboys needed a dominating final drive, their offense delivered.

Old 01-05-2019, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
Agree, the Dallas defense was shutting down the run all game. I was waiting for Russ to take this game over with his arm (or legs), never happened.

And when the Cowboys needed a dominating final drive, their offense delivered.
It's the stupidest game planning I've seen this year. I'm a big Wilson/Carroll/Seahawks fan, but at what point do you realize that, that plan isn't working?

As great of a player as Wilson is, and I believe he's on a HOF track, this is a critical flaw and he needs to grow from this. All the greats know when to take over and put their stamp on a game, even if ultimately, they lose. The little Wilson did throw in this game, he had his way. I would have come out after halftime with the mindset that we are about to put serious pressure on Dallas through the air. Just dumb, dumb, DUMB game planning and a critical weakness of Wilson, who showed that he still has levels to unlock to get to that top tier...

Credit to the Cowboys, they were the better team, Dak made plays that Wilson didn't...

Old 01-06-2019, 07:07 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Good seasons, Texans and Seahawks.

The NFC Divisional matchups remain unset due to the 6 seed Eagles still being in play. That’ll be a good one with the Bears.

Also looking forward to seeing how the Chargers do. As an AFC West rival I hope they lose but since I did pick them to reach the SB part of me wouldn’t hate seeing them win today.

Old 01-06-2019, 08:07 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,616,289 times
Texans seem to have a trend of underachieving in the playoffs now. Joining the Chiefs and the Chargers who both look to reverse that trend this year.

I'm hoping the Chargers win today. I don't think the gimmick offense the Ravens are running with Jackson is sustainable long term. But they don't need it sustained long term. They just need it to work for four more games.

Boy do I wish the Bills had Frank Reich as their coach instead of Sean McDermott.

Old 01-06-2019, 08:12 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Texans seem to have a trend of underachieving in the playoffs now. Joining the Chiefs and the Chargers who both look to reverse that trend this year.

I'm hoping the Chargers win today. I don't think the gimmick offense the Ravens are running with Jackson is sustainable long term. But they don't need it sustained long term. They just need it to work for four more games.

Boy do I wish the Bills had Frank Reich as their coach instead of Sean McDermott.
The Chargers haven’t made the playoffs since a pretty impressive run in 2013. I believe they finished out that year with 4 wins to reach 9-7 on the season. They went up against an 11-5 Bengals team and made a win look easy. Before that their last playoff run was 2009, where they were 13-3 and got knocked off early by a 9-7 Jets team.

I usually don’t pick playoff games but I’d be willing to guess the Chargers win this one today. I’d also give them a far better chance of going into Gillette and upsetting the Pats than this edition of the Ravens. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if the Chargers and Colts, two wild card teams, played for the Confeeence title.

Old 01-06-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post

You mean you wouldn't want Bill O'Brien as your Bills coach? Hahahahaha....

O'Brien is the definition of average. He's supposed to be offensive guy, he's now 1-3 in the playoffs. Five seasons, I've yet to be impressed by this guy...

Old 01-06-2019, 01:13 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,024,657 times
The Bolts are doing their best to cough this game up in the 3rd quarter. They've had a FG blocked, a fumble in their own territory, and a blocked punt. Still 12 -3 though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football