U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 01:02 PM

6,777 posts, read 10,172,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
sure are counting on them Bears to save your season, eh Calico
I actually had the Vikings when I originally filled out my picks on paper earlier in the week. I went with the Bears because the line came down so much over the week.

But it sure wouldn't hurt for them to save my Eagles!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2018, 01:42 PM

32,438 posts, read 26,300,226 times
i am hoping that the eagles beat the redskins, and the bears beat the vikings. even though i am a cowboys fan, i am also an NFC east fan as well.

Old 12-28-2018, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Bears
Packers
Patriots
Saints
Giants
Falcons
Texans
Chargers
Chiefs
Rams
Bears
Steelers
Seahawks
Eagles
Ravens
Colts

OMG, that first Bears should be Bills.

Old 12-28-2018, 03:01 PM

11,722 posts, read 11,541,988 times
At least you caught it! Good luck to the Eagles!

Old 12-28-2018, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
At least you caught it! Good luck to the Eagles!

I actually didn't. Someone sent me a rep and noted it as a comment. Thanks repper! I guess I want the Bears to win so much, I picked them twice!

Old 12-28-2018, 04:26 PM

4,883 posts, read 3,971,953 times
As the season winds down, the Big Cat is in last place. The difference between the Dissenters First place Picks? 20 Games. Which is pretty good seeing that a total slate will offer 241 games games all season long.

Then we are on to the playoffs......

Then the off season, where Colt and I get anxious for football around July, little earlier than everyone else does.....

And one thing is for certain: The Cat will be on here April 1st with some story about the NFL, and most will laugh about it and know that it is a joke but someone, maybe someone who does not know the characters on the Forum here, will take it seriously and try to tell me how wrong I am.....or worse. SO be for warned.

AS FOR the final weekend These are all RIVALRY Games. Not games someone wants to lose just to get the first round pick. And not some game a person wants to lose if they want to keep their jobs, and that goes for coaches and players as well.

MY FINZ @ BILL's BUFFALOES In what I predict will be Adam Gase's Last games as head coach and possibly Ryan Tannehill's last as the starter.

Detroit Rock City Lions @ SUSAN's PACKERS Two teams in transition, the Pack searching for a head coach and the Lions Coach searching for food. Will come down to whoever does not screw up as much.

La Guardia Grounded Jets @ EVIL PATRIOTS I don't see Bilecheck resting anyone or losing anything

Pink Panthers @ SAINTS The Saints CAN Rest the starters and it will make little difference. The Panfers are a furball mess

Cowboys @ NY FOOTBALL GIANTS Eli Eli OH and Company will win because Eli is playing for his future.

Falcons @ SUCCANEERS Sadly, The Dirty Birds will lose, Dirk Koetter will get to stay on the ship another year, and another season in 2019 of subpar mediocrity awaits in a town where people have moved on from football thanks to the success of the LIGHTNING!!!

Jacksonville @ TEXANS take the Home-team in a division where fans watch very little outside of 4 cities

SAN ANGELES /HOMELESS CHARGERS @ Broncos I would like to see the Bolts go to Denver and short out in the Mile High air

Raiders @ CHIEFS Chuckie will be standing on the sideline dreaming of what he is going to do with those 3 first round draft picks in April. Andy Reid will be standing on the other sideline dreaming of those 4 racks of ribs he is going to eat after the game.

4&11ers @ RAMS Rams backups run slipshod through the slipshod defense of the 4&11ers

Colt's Pesky Red Birds @ SEAHAWKS WHEN BIRDS ATTACK: The Final Feather! Oh what a site this will be. I predict that the Seahawks will be full and the field will be littered with red feathers from the carnage.

CALICO's EAGLES @ Redskins The Eagles are in a must win situation and Jay Gruden may be working for his brother in Mexico City next season.

Bears @ VIKINGS The line has the Vikings as 6 point faves, what is going on here? The Bears need a win to get a higher possibly 2nd seed, while the Vikes need a win to be sure to get in.......then get a quick exit from the playoffs.

Bengals @ STEELERS Crummy game of the week part 6 This is one of those games that will likely make it on to the clearance Rack in January and still not sell out.

Browns @ RAVENS I have bad luck picking the Ravens this season, but the Defense, at home, and they HAVE to win to be in , so I will take them and the points.

COLTS @ Titans If the Texans lose and the Colts win AND Mercury retrogrades across Saturn, a Black Cat runs across the field and the Chinese announce that they are granting Trump Chinese flavored Citizenship status, then the Colts go to the Super Bowl on an automatic bye.....

Old 12-28-2018, 05:08 PM

21,318 posts, read 21,872,221 times
Quote:
I actually didn't. Someone sent me a rep and noted it as a comment. Thanks repper! I guess I want the Bears to win so much, I picked them twice!

Old 12-28-2018, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post

Was it you Ghengis? If so, thank you! I didn't see a name and tried to get back to see the reps but couldn't figure out how to do that.

Old 12-28-2018, 08:40 PM

115 posts, read 25,145 times
Miami @ Buffalo
Detroit @ Green Bay
NY Jets @ New England
Carolina @ New Orleans
Dallas @ NY Giants
Atlanta @ Tampa Bay
Jacksonville @ Houston
LA Chargers @ Denver
Oakland @ Kansas City
San Francisco @ LA Rams
Arizona @ Seattle
Philadelphia @ Washington
Chicago @ Minnesota
Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh
Cleveland @ Baltimore
Indianapolis @ Tennessee

Old 12-29-2018, 08:45 AM

21,318 posts, read 21,872,221 times
Quote:
Was it you Ghengis? If so, thank you! I didn't see a name and tried to get back to see the reps but couldn't figure out how to do that.
well I knew you were battling for the lead and I'd hate to see you get two picks wrong on the same game

...and, tell hubby that we're all rooting for the Saints this week in Minnesota...go Teddy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football