U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2018, 10:07 PM

3,962 posts, read 2,514,962 times

Advertisements

Final week of the season, folks!

This is always fun to do with all of you!

Here is the slate:

Miami @ Buffalo
Detroit @ Green Bay
NY Jets @ New England
Carolina @ New Orleans
Dallas @ NY Giants
Atlanta @ Tampa Bay
Jacksonville @ Houston
LA Chargers @ Denver
Oakland @ Kansas City
San Francisco @ LA Rams
Arizona @ Seattle
Philadelphia @ Washington
Chicago @ Minnesota
Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh
Cleveland @ Baltimore
Indianapolis @ Tennessee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2018, 10:26 PM

6,551 posts, read 4,501,201 times
Outside of week 1, the hardest week of the season to pick. Usually by this time I've had a bunch of crappy weeks leading up, so I'm just looking forward to ending it on a high note. This year I've been mediocre to great the first 16 weeks, so whatever happens in week 17 happens! Good luck all!!

Old 12-25-2018, 07:19 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,059,409 times
Merry Christmas to all! I should probably wait to do my picks until after we find out who's resting who, but I'm so far back in the standings that it doesn't matter.

Miami @ Buffalo-I'll take the Bills at the Ralph in an ugly squeaker since the Finz are out of it.

Detroit @ Green Bay-It has been a rough season for the Pack, but they should end on a high note with a win at Lambeau against Matt Stafford, Jim Bob Cooter, and the portly Matt Patricia. Maybe Rodgers will win it on a Hail Mary.

NY Jets @ New England-Patriots aren't going to blow an opportunity to get a first-round bye. For all their struggles this season, they're still undefeated in Foxboro. Jets might play them tough, but they grounded for the season and won't win.

Carolina @ New Orleans-Saints will definitely be resting their starters for this, but I think Saints JV squad could beat the Panthers even if they choose to play their starters. If they lose here, that would make it 8 losses in a row to close out the season for Carolina. Somehow Riverboat Ron is expected to be back next season.

Dallas @ NY Giants-Normally when I pick against Jerry's World I know I'm gonna take the loss. I'm fine with that. It saves me a physical illness. However, I think the G-men will win this considering the Cowboys are set at the 4th seed and will definitely be resting their starters.

Atlanta @ Tampa Bay-Matt Ryan smokes a Winston in another meaningless game.

Jacksonville @ Houston-Texans will be in the playoffs, but they still need to play for seeding. They can go anywhere from the 2 to the 6 seed, so a win is very important. Jags might give them a tough game, but I have confidence in Watson, Watt, and company to get the AFC South title.

LA Chargers @ Denver-Chargers are still in line for a number 1 seed with a win and a Chiefs loss. It's not going to happen, but it's enough motivation to bury the Broncos who have been awful down the stretch.

Oakland @ Kansas City-KC takes the AFC West and earns a 1 seed against the Gruden Grinder despite some recent losses. I don't like where the Chiefs are trending. We've seen this many times before.

San Francisco @ LA Rams-My Niners have won their last 2 out of 3 and might even play the Rams tough, but LA will take this with a first-round bye on the line. LA needs to ensure they play in warm-weather games if they have any chance of making it to the Super Bowl. They don't want to go back to Soldier Field in Jan.

Arizona @ Seattle-I'm not sure about the whole 2019 first pick implications here. I believe the Cards will get it even if they win here. However, if I'm the Seahawks, I'd much rather play Jerry's World in the first round than Da Bears. They'll take care of business against the worst team in the league.

Philadelphia @ Washington-I think it'll be too little too late for Foles and Sproles. They will win this decisively, but still miss the playoffs. It's a shame too. They're finally clicking and could be really dangerous in the playoffs as the defending champs.

Chicago @ Minnesota-Yeah, Matt Nagy says he's going all in since there's a first-round bye at stake, but my Niners aren't beating the Rams AND it'd behoove Da Bears to position themselves to play the Viqueens in the first round. They don't want the Eagles. Therefore, throwing the game in in store. Vikings will get to 9-6-1 like I predicted and then get killed by Da Bears in the first round of the playoffs.

Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh-There's still a division championship on the line, so the Steelers will take the Bengals behind the woodshed with a fat win. It's too late for the playoffs though. There will be no playoff football in Pennsylvania this season.

Cleveland @ Baltimore-This will be an absolute dogfight. I've never seen a player hornier to win than Baker Mayfield in my life. Ravens will eke it out and could make some noise in the playoffs. As they say, defense wins championships.

Indianapolis @ Tennessee-While a few of the Week 17 games are absolutely meaningless, there's nothing better than a play-in game. I keep going back and forth on this. Colts have owned the Titans in recent history winning 12 out of the last 14 against them. Indy has Luck on their side and that's all they've needed in many games this year. However, the Titans get no respect. They were a playoff team last season and even won a playoff game at Arrowhead. They have a solid defense and Derrick Henry running the football like a man possessed. Obviously a lot depends on the status of Mariota, but I'll even take them with Blaine Gabbert under center to earn a playoff spot in front of their home fans.

Old 12-25-2018, 08:49 AM

4,325 posts, read 2,263,977 times
Jets
Dolphins
Texans
Steelers
Browns
Broncos
Chiefs
Cowboys
Lions
Saints
Buccaneers
Eagles
Vikings
Cardinals
Rams

Old 12-25-2018, 09:30 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,059,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
Jets
Dolphins
Texans
Steelers
Browns
Broncos
Chiefs
Cowboys
Lions
Saints
Buccaneers
Eagles
Vikings
Cardinals
Rams
Merry Christmas, Ashbeck!

Who do you think will win the Colts-Titans game?

Old 12-25-2018, 09:33 AM

11,724 posts, read 11,557,775 times
There are 16 games, Jonathan, I think you missed picking the Colts Titans!

Old 12-25-2018, 09:35 AM

3,157 posts, read 2,196,907 times
Packers
Texans
Chiefs
Bears
Patriots
Saints
Giants
Steelers
Falcons
Ravens
Bills
Eagles
Rams
Seahawks
Titans
Chargers

Old 12-25-2018, 01:27 PM

4,325 posts, read 2,263,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac77 View Post
Merry Christmas, Ashbeck!

Who do you think will win the Colts-Titans game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
There are 16 games, Jonathan, I think you missed picking the Colts Titans!
Thanks I do miss sometimes so I will pick Indy

Old 12-25-2018, 04:12 PM

6,779 posts, read 10,183,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
Thanks I do miss sometimes so I will pick Indy

I hope you will start posting you weekly totals next year. Would like to include you in the "City Data Picking Celebrity List".

Old 12-25-2018, 06:52 PM

11,724 posts, read 11,557,775 times
Packers - Go Pack Go! Beat those Lions at Lambeau - get Adams his catches and yardage record, too!
Texans
Chiefs
Vikings
Patriots
Saints
Cowboys - I changed this pick - we'll see if it is a bad move or not!
Steelers
Falcons
Ravens
Bills
Eagles
Rams
Seahawks
Colts
Chargers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football