Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 06:08 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times

Advertisements

I say keep Nick Foles, sign him to a long term deal, and trade Wentz to the most desperate team in need of a QB -- and pocket about 3 number one draft picks and maybe 3 number 2's for him. Dallas traded Hershel Walker, picked up about 9 draft picks, and went on to win 3 super bowls in the 90's. Follow that playbook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2018, 06:17 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
the problem is that wentz may not be worth what you think.

Old 12-25-2018, 06:24 PM

9,755 posts, read 7,466,855 times
The peak to trade him was LAST offseason. The Eagles will never get as much for him now as they could have back then.

Old 12-25-2018, 10:06 PM

307 posts, read 118,758 times
My god, I just went to the Eagles subreddit. They’re in complete, “it’s not time to panic. Nobody’s panicking. But hey, I was just wondering....” mode.

What a particularly cruel super bowl hangover, when the QB who gets you to the Super Bowl, and the QB who wins you the super bowl, are two different guys, and the team underperforms the next year. It introduces such a tension into the room.

Old 12-26-2018, 03:36 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,046,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I say keep Nick Foles, sign him to a long term deal, and trade Wentz to the most desperate team in need of a QB -- and pocket about 3 number one draft picks and maybe 3 number 2's for him. Dallas traded Hershel Walker, picked up about 9 draft picks, and went on to win 3 super bowls in the 90's. Follow that playbook.
WHEN you're sober, make a more intelligent statement than this.

Old 12-26-2018, 04:55 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,660,890 times
Quote:
The problem with that playbook is that some team has to be willing to unload all those picks for Wentz. I certainly think Wentz could bring in a few picks but nothing like the Walker trade.. that is not likely to happen again in our lifetime.

I don't think the Eagles will be trading Wentz anyway. Now i don't know what kind of magic Foles is weaving but we have seen him for years and he gets hot, real hot but he also gets cold. Do Eagle simply forget his first stint in Philly? Nothing terrible but nothing to write home about either. I suppose you could chalk that up to the Chip Kelly regime but don't they remember the first few games this year.. he was not the player he is now... he is streaky.. and streaky is good this time of year but unless you simply plan on saving Foles until Dec of each year, i would not hook my wagon to him and trade away what looks like an MVP/Elite caliber QB...

Old 12-26-2018, 04:59 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
So what would you do? Maybe you can't get 6 picks for him, but you can get quite a few of them and set yourself up very nicely for the future. Wentz is injury prone but young and talented. He would bring a lot in a trade. Wayne Gretzky - the greatest hockey player ever - was traded. Wilt Chamberlain was traded.
NOBODY is untradeable - for the right price.

Old 12-26-2018, 05:19 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
LOL

Old 12-26-2018, 06:05 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,616,693 times
Fans always come up with ideas like they're playing fantasy football or Madden! Doesn't make sense at all, 6 picks for a player? With the draft coming up, what team is so desperate they want an Eagles QB? Definitely won't happen or even be considered.

Old 12-26-2018, 06:12 AM

1,584 posts, read 981,453 times
Quote:
Several problems with that scenario, including the fact that Foles will be 30 next season and that he has pretty much crashed and burned or got injured when he had a clear chance at a starting job (Eagles in 2014, Rams in 2015, Chiefs in 2016). The Rams thought so little of him after 2015 that they went out and drafted Jared Goff with the first overall pick.

Foles is a decent backup to have, but I wouldn’t count on him as my starter. YMMV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football