Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 07:04 AM

9,431 posts, read 9,711,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
You'd have to get an excellent OC and/or QB Coach for Mayfield.

Williams is a defensive wizard.. Offense generally leaves something to be desired with him. So, while I think he would be a fine HC (Though, it didn't go well previously for him in Buffalo).. I'm not sure he'd be the correct choice for Cleveland, needing to further develop Mayfield. But.. It could work.
The current OC Kitchens did a great job playing to Mayfield's strengths. Between Williams discipline and Kitchens wizardry they make a great team and should be given at least a two year contract. Most Browns fans appear to think the same way.

If Cleveland passes on Williams, Cincinnati could take him. That would not be good.

Quote:
Rooney Rule interview, most likely.

The Rooney rule is a bit of a farce. Cleveland interviewed Jim Caldwell and Cincy interviewed Hue Jackson. You know both of those guys are not getting the job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2019, 03:18 PM

7,571 posts, read 6,038,144 times
Quote:
Neither of them has had a job the past 2 seasons. That should tell you something.It's been a pleasant two years, as well.

Fins have more problems than coach. They're going to move on from Tannehill.. But.. Where are they going? Talk is it could be a landing spot for Flacco or Bridgewater.. I'd probably hope more for the latter.
Bridgewater cannot do the job.
I doubt Big Joe Flacco would want it
I say look at coaxing John Hairball out of Michigan. If that fails, hire Allen or Flores.

The situation in Miami with MY FINZ has become a total joke. Year after year the plan is to hire someone start over from scratch when it doesn't work fire them after two or three years then hire new people there is no long-term business plan there is no long-term game plan and there is no hint that anyone in that organization other than Don Shula and Dan Marino even care .The franchise is becoming something of joke fodder usually reserved for the homeless Chargers..

The expectations are becoming low even amongst the most loyal and hardcore fans even though many do not seem to want to admit it. The owner does not possess the Insight or the drive to put together a winning program. He has constantly surrounded himself with inept coaches and unqualified general managers who lack a long-term plan and the ability to create a successful franchise there in. At this point whoever takes control of the team as head coach will be inheriting a disaster. And sadly I do not see any Talent available either in recently terminated coaches or assistant coaches who can sit down and derive a long-term plan for this organization. The exception to this being the current coach from Michigan. He showed his ability to develop a winning franchise while working in San Francisco and took that team to the Superbowl. Given the right tools he may be able to do so in Miami but it remains a mystery as to whether ownership or general manager would allow it

Old 01-07-2019, 04:54 PM

14,302 posts, read 14,550,690 times
Matt LaFleur is going to be the new HC for Packers, great hire I think.

Old 01-08-2019, 02:59 PM

Bruce Arians to the Bucs and rumor has it Todd Bowles might be the DC

Kliff Kingsbury is going to the AZ Cardinals

Things are starting to happen, no word on the Browns yet, which many say is the best HC opening!

Old 01-09-2019, 10:16 AM

Looks like Fangio to the Broncos, Kitchens staying with Browns to become HC, 3 to go.

Old 01-09-2019, 11:05 AM

Browns may announce current OC Freddie Kitchens as new HC today according to some local sources.

Old 01-09-2019, 11:51 AM

It's confirmed, Freddie Kitchens is the new head coach of the Browns.

Old 01-09-2019, 01:27 PM

I'm hearing Browns told McCarthy they wanted Kitchens to stay as the OC and he wasn't good with it. Doesn't matter, Kitchens is a good choice.

Old 01-09-2019, 06:27 PM

Jets have hired Adam Gase, rumors were it might be McCarthy so maybe he will sit out a year, take a break.

Old 01-11-2019, 03:53 PM

Flores goes to the Dolphins so now it is the Bengals and I've heard rumors maybe it is someone involved in playoffs?

It is Zac Taylor for the Bengals, missed that one and the last 2 might not have signed yet. As to Packer fans nervous about LaFleur, 3 yrs. younger than McCarthy when he started. He has been in the NFL various places for 10 years and around football because of his dad (coach). I'm not concerned about him.

Bruce Arians, Bucs: 66
Vic Fangio, Broncos: 60
Freddie Kitchens, Browns: 44
Adam Gase, Jets: 40
Kliff Kingsbury, Cardinals: 39
Matt LaFleur, Packers: 39
Brian Flores, Dolphins: 37
Zac Taylor, Bengals: 35

Last edited by susancruzs; 01-11-2019 at 04:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football