U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 05:10 AM

1,660 posts, read 933,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJonesIII View Post
What a wonderful dodge and deflect. Thanks for making my point. Nothing else matters except for what you want to talk about and your narrative. Got it. Blinders.

You realize that is what this whole thread is about? This one play.

Old 01-22-2019, 05:51 AM

616 posts, read 265,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Either the Rams or the Chargers had to go to the Super Bowl this year. It was pretty obvious.
I agree.

I don't watch sports, but I've noticed something.

Check it... Saints won the Super Bowl. What happened before? Hurricane Katrina. New Orleans was in the spotlight for a long time. Astros won the World Series. Hurricane Harvey flooded out Houston.

Here comes California. What's been happening there? All the fires and droughts. And no telling what is Been going on lately, for I've given up watching the news.

So yea, I highly believe all the pro sports are rigged in some way or another.

That's why I don't watch sports.

Old 01-22-2019, 06:24 AM

957 posts, read 380,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
You realize that is what this whole thread is about? This one play.
Yawn. Are you threatened by a reasoned rebuttal on why the Saint's didn't get robbed (also what this thread is about)?

And then you have the other disjointed, irrational response on how the poster wants the answer?! LOL.

Exactly what answer was he looking for? That the refs blew numerous calls throughout the games and the Saints blew numerous chances to score? That there are 60 minutes in a regulation game and 10 minutes in overtime?

If the Saints were so good, they wouldn't have let a game where they had a home field advantage and apparently the superior team come down to this, would they?

The outcome is the outcome.

Old 01-22-2019, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanGuitarist View Post
I agree.

I don't watch sports, but I've noticed something.

Check it... Saints won the Super Bowl. What happened before? Hurricane Katrina. New Orleans was in the spotlight for a long time. Astros won the World Series. Hurricane Harvey flooded out Houston.

Here comes California. What's been happening there? All the fires and droughts. And no telling what is Been going on lately, for I've given up watching the news.

So yea, I highly believe all the pro sports are rigged in some way or another.

That's why I don't watch sports.
Well of course. What would sports be without conspiracy theorists?

Old 01-22-2019, 06:36 AM

2,243 posts, read 3,461,106 times
Quote:
Yawn. Are you threatened by a reasoned rebuttal on why the Saint's didn't get robbed (also what this thread is about)?

And then you have the other disjointed, irrational response on how the poster what's the answer?! LOL.

Exactly what answer was he looking for? That the refs blew numerous calls throughout the games and the Saints blew numerous chances to score? That there are 60 minutes in a regulation game and 10 minutes in overtime?

If the Saints were so good, they wouldn't have let a game where they had a home field advantage and apparently the superior team come down to this, would they?

The outcome is the outcome.
It was a three-point spread and if the ref simply does his job and throws a flag on that egregious PI, as he was supposed to, the Saints probably win by six (if they convert a chip-shot field goal). The chance that they don't win by at least three, and cover, is infinitesimal, since even if they miss the chippie, there's still so little time left on the clock. Seems like, in general, the Saints held up their end of the bargain. Your argument would carry water if it was the Saints playing St. Augustine High School and it came down to this call. But it's the freaking NFC Championship Game, of course it's down to the wire -- saying so does nothing to excuse the no-call or provide any clarity as to why the correct call wasn't made. The outcome is indeed the outcome, and it's tainted.

Old 01-22-2019, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
It was a three-point spread and if the ref simply does his job and throws a flag on that egregious PI, as he was supposed to, the Saints probably win by six (if they convert a chip-shot field goal). The chance that they don't win by at least three, and cover, is infinitesimal, since even if they miss the chippie, there's still so little time left on the clock. Seems like, in general, the Saints held up their end of the bargain. Your argument would carry water if it was the Saints playing St. Augustine High School and it came down to this call. But it's the freaking NFC Championship Game, of course it's down to the wire. Saying so does nothing to excuse the no-call or provide any clarity as to why the correct call wasn't made. The outcome is indeed the outcome, and it's tainted.

Yawn. A football game is 60 minutes and overtime is 10 minutes. When you decide you want to show an ounce of objectivity and look at the game as a whole instead of your little cherry picked incident that allows you to keep the blinders on, one will be able to have a reasoned, logical conversation with you. Until then, you're just wasting time. Your avoidance tactic is not going to work...sorry. And whether you believe it's tainted or not does not change the outcome. We can agree to disagree since you can't seem to refute the points I made and simply choose to ignore them.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:11 AM

2,243 posts, read 3,461,106 times
Quote:
Yawn. A football game is 60 minutes and overtime is 10 minutes. When you decide you want to show an ounce of objectivity and look at the game as a whole instead of your little cherry picked incident that allows you to keep the blinders on, one will be able to have a reasoned, logical conversation with you. Until then, you're just wasting time. Your avoidance tactic is not going to work...sorry. And whether you believe it's tainted or not does not change the outcome. We can agree to disagree since you can't seem to refute the points I made and simply choose to ignore them.
I choose not to, because they're a distraction from what I said in my first response is the central issue here. They're whataboutism. It's not "providing context" to blab about how a football game is 60 minutes and there were other missed calls, which everyone knows anyway. It's just avoiding talking about the pivotal issue.

If you sent me a report that said the ref actually had a seizure right before the Rams' DB clocked the Saints' receiver, that's an example of something that would be useful to the conversation. But your points aren't proving anything or shedding any light; they're just communicating that you don't want to talk about the missed call (on a thread about...the missed call).

Old 01-22-2019, 07:18 AM

1,225 posts, read 605,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Vegas and TV ratings control the outcome of NFL games these days. Been this way for a while. NFL have the same license as WWE, basically an entertainment license, so this is nothing new.

Sure seems like it, as though we were watching boxing; whose outcome is predetermined.
N=No
F=Fun
L=League.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:21 AM

4,322 posts, read 2,256,850 times
At least the league acknowledged that the officiating crew blew it.

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-orlean...ton-128095284/

Old 01-22-2019, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
I choose not to, because they're a distraction from what I said in my first response is the central issue here. They're whataboutism. It's not "providing context" to blab about how a football game is 60 minutes and there were other missed calls, which everyone knows anyway. It's just avoiding talking about the pivotal issue.

If you sent me a report that said the ref actually had a seizure right before the Rams' DB clocked the Saints' receiver, that's an example of something that would be useful to the conversation. But your points aren't proving anything or shedding any light; they're just communicating that you don't want to talk about the missed call (on a thread about...the missed call).
Nah, your "whataboutism" is just a convenient way of trying to avoid having an objective conversation on the topic. No different than the cowards that use "haters gonna hate" so they don't have to address an opposing viewpoint. Not to mention, anyone can use analytics (which is consistently done in sports now to determine outcomes) to calculate the points left off the board for the Rams with all of the calls the ref blew for them. The fact that you don't want to address the blatant missed calls against the Rams after visual evidence to the contrary just shows you're not interested in a reasoned debate on the topic. Unlike you, I'm not deflecting from any of the calls (your statement is factually inaccurate). I'm saying there were a variety of missed calls. Why that's so hard for you to understand is beyond me. Admittedly, I think you do understand it and just find it convenient to be obtuse because you don't have a strong enough argument to refute my points.

Last edited by JJonesIII; 01-22-2019 at 08:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or