U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2019, 01:44 PM

11,057 posts, read 3,762,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
I am not a rams fan (steelers fan for life) but I wanted them to beat the saints & hopefully the nasty pats & Mrs. Brady. The pats beat the chiefs because they have a horrible defense. The rams D is much better. Get to brady & contain him. GO RAMS !

Chiefs at home were 9-1 before the Pats game and the only loss at home was by 1 point against the division rival 12-4 Chargers.......the Chiefs defense at home allow an average of 17 points. How is that a horrible defense?

Rams defense at home allow an average of 27 points......how is that a much "better" defense?

Rams defense on the road better than Chiefs defense on the road.

Chiefs defense at home better than Rams defense at home.....face it, Arrowhead is a tougher place to play for the visiting team than Los Angeles that gives the Chiefs a 7 to 10 points advantage by just playing in Arrowhead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2019, 06:29 PM

17,298 posts, read 10,212,749 times
Told you all.

Jeezus H, yet another few more years of New England in the freaking Super Bowl.

Zzzzzzzz.

Tom Brady said there is a 'zero' percent chance he retires after Super Bowl

Old 01-27-2019, 08:50 PM

3,148 posts, read 1,800,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Chiefs at home were 9-1 before the Pats game and the only loss at home was by 1 point against the division rival 12-4 Chargers.......the Chiefs defense at home allow an average of 17 points. How is that a horrible defense?

Rams defense at home allow an average of 27 points......how is that a much "better" defense?

Rams defense on the road better than Chiefs defense on the road.

Chiefs defense at home better than Rams defense at home.....face it, Arrowhead is a tougher place to play for the visiting team than Los Angeles that gives the Chiefs a 7 to 10 points advantage by just playing in Arrowhead.
Lies, damn lies, and statistics.

Now go back and look at WHO they each played.

The Chiefs beat one team at home with a winning record, Baltimore 27-24.

The Rams beat the Chiefs, the Seahawks, the Vikings, and the Chargers at home. 3 of 4 were playoff teams and one was in the running up until the last week.

Old 01-27-2019, 10:14 PM

11,057 posts, read 3,762,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Lies, damn lies, and statistics.

Now go back and look at WHO they each played.

The Chiefs beat one team at home with a winning record, Baltimore 27-24.

The Rams beat the Chiefs, the Seahawks, the Vikings, and the Chargers at home. 3 of 4 were playoff teams and one was in the running up until the last week.

how are the stats that I put damn lies???? one sentence deleted

Rams defense at home allowed 0 (Cardinals the ****tiest team in the NFL and the Rams play twice) 23, 31, 27, 31, 51, 23, 32 points that's an average of 27 points.

Chiefs defense at Arrowhead allowed: 27, 14, 10, 23, 14, 24, 29, 3......that's an average of 18 points.

take out the calculator and you try it.

all the toughest games for the Chiefs were on the road. Pats, Chargers, Steelers, Rams, Seahawks.

Rams toughest games on the road were against Bears, Seahawks, Saints.

Chiefs played 5 top teams on the road while Rams played 3......Chiefs went 2-3 while the Rams went 1-2.

where am I lying?

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 01-30-2019 at 04:45 PM..

Old 01-28-2019, 06:33 AM

statistics can be made to prove any point.

My point was, and still is, that the Rams played a much higher caliber of competition at home than the Chiefs.

(2 sentences deleted)

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 01-30-2019 at 04:46 PM..

Old 01-28-2019, 06:39 AM

2,532 posts, read 4,959,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Brady won two Super Bowl MVPs and was not regarded as the best QB. I will say that with each year of consistency, the larger perception improved about him. He had an outstanding game in SB37 versus Carolina, a game in which the other QB (Jake Delhomme) played him to a draw and would have been the MVP if his team won. SB MVP's aren't as weighty...

You gotta remember that for all or parts of Brady's forst six years or so, not only was Manning the consensus #1, but other guys were playing at extremely high levels: Favre, McNabb, Warner, Gannon, Hasselbeck, Palmer, Green, Culpepper, McNair, maybe another name or two I'm forgetting. Brady didn't pass these guys overnight, as some of these guys were former MVPs (McNair, Favre, Gannon) with established pedigree and were still playing well in Brady's early career. And we all witnessed Brady get better every year, but it its irrefutable that the early Patriots, the first three rings, were built around defense. Not around Brady...

The shock of the Brady winning so often so early in his career was separate from how good people thought he actually was, and I remember this very well. I remember in after winning SB37 and embarrassing the Colts again in 2004, en route to a third title, people were talking about if he could match Bradshaw and Montana in rings, but the talk about him being one of the best currently playing didn't begin until around 2005 season. And there was a complete shift in perception after 2007, no question about it. For my money, its THE best QB year ever, and he went from one of the best quarterbacks in the game to arguably THE best in dramatic fashion. It still took several years (early in this decade, around 2011 when Manning was hurt and Brady made his 5th Super Bowl) for people to begin moving away from Manning, towards Brady, on the All-Time list. And it wasn't until a few years ago that the masses conceded overwhelmingly in Brady's favor...

But 2007, that is a line of demarcation in his career. He was a good player before '07, but he has unquestionably been an entirely different load to handle after '07. I'm sure those of you in New England may have had different views on him, but this was the general national perception on Tommy...
If Brady's career had ended in 2007, he would still get to the Hall of Fame, but would not be regarded as the greatest QB of all time. For those of us that watched every Pats game, we sensed that he was getting better over time. It is amazing considering how much better he was in the first few years of his career compared to his college career; then he took his game to a much higher level over the past 12 years...

Old 01-28-2019, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
and the Chiefs played a much higher caliber of competition on the road than the Rams. Which is tougher playing at Home or on the Road? even you can't get this wrong.....what's your point? that is how the NFL scheduled it.

Do you actually think the Rams can go to Arrowhead in the cold and beat the Chiefs? the last time the Rams went on the road in cold weather they got beat down badly by the Bears and the Bears are not in the same league as the Chiefs.

the Rams barely beat them in LA by just 3 points.
You are very confused. I pointed out the fallacy of your cherry picked statistics regarding both teams at home. I simply pointed out that strength of schedule comes in to play.

Now you want to talk about road schedules, the Bears, and the Rams not being able to beat the Chiefs in KC. (one sentence deleted)

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 01-30-2019 at 04:47 PM..

Old 01-29-2019, 05:23 PM

6,449 posts, read 3,459,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Brady the cheat has the refs on his side as long as he makes money for the NFL. He's a complete phony, a disgrace to the game if not his loser uniform.
Poor salty human. So sad you're mad

No I'm not - I love it!!! Keep it up with the cheating stuff since it obviously makes you feel better about yourself since your team doesn't.

Old 01-29-2019, 08:51 PM

2,532 posts, read 4,959,192 times
Pats 31 Rams 23

Old 01-30-2019, 08:16 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,266,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Brady the cheat has the refs on his side as long as he makes money for the NFL. He's a complete phony, a disgrace to the game if not his loser uniform.
Here is my 2 cents. Can't stand Brady. Caught him smiling at a ref during the Chiefs game. Oh, he is great, all right. His arm is probably one of the best.

Hope the Rams take the trophy. JMO, should have been the Chiefs and the Saints, if they were playing football, like they used to, without all the hoopla. When a play was a play and they did not dissect it like the next best thing to hit the pharmaceutical outfits.

I thought the refs were catering to the Brady bunch, but then when I saw that controversial play, between the Rams and Saints, I was convinced that the last games are fixed............JMO, Jeez, even me, die hard Bronco fan could see that play the "head butt,". Anyway, good day, stay warm.

How about sending in the best of the best refs????? Hope I am wrong about the fix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football