U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2019, 08:47 AM

2,275 posts, read 3,171,213 times

Advertisements

+1

I would’ve loved seeing the Saints in the Super Bowl. But even after watching and rewatching their past two games, I’m left with the feeling the Saints didn’t play all that dominant despite home field advantage and being favored throughout the season. One touchdown and three field goals after falling behind early two possessions at home? Had Foles not thrown an interception here and had they capitalized earlier, I think the Eagles stood a chance at beating The Saints in the divisional round.

Rams are not some 9-7 team or even an 11-5 team with head scratching losses, that managed to sneak into the playoffs unexpectedly. They were 13-3, toe-to-toe with the Saints all year. Sure the Saints have a better quarterback, but everything else is about a wash. The Rams are better than people give them credit for.

As for the Chiefs, perhaps if they scored the first half, or at least stopped the Patriots from making several third down conversions in overtime, they would have done better. By being unable to score for an entire half at home (despite having the #1 offense) and the defense not being able to make one more stop on the opposing team after several third downs in overtime... . We’ll you can’t expect to win a game that way.

Home field advantage was anything but an advantage this time around. People are sour because they didn’t get the matchup they predicted all year (and ironically, the matchup we have was supposed to be the least likely to happen)... .This is why the games are played. Any given Sunday.

As an aside, I do like the idea of Goff playing against his “idol/hero” who’s also a Bay Area native, and seeing Brady up against another up-and-coming quarterback and seeing if he can defy the odds of experience....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2019, 08:59 AM

2,275 posts, read 3,171,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Here is my 2 cents. Can't stand Brady. Caught him smiling at a ref during the Chiefs game. Oh, he is great, all right. His arm is probably one of the best.

Hope the Rams take the trophy. JMO, should have been the Chiefs and the Saints, if they were playing football, like they used to, without all the hoopla. When a play was a play and they did not dissect it like the next best thing to hit the pharmaceutical outfits.

I thought the refs were catering to the Brady bunch, but then when I saw that controversial play, between the Rams and Saints, I was convinced that the last games are fixed............JMO, Jeez, even me, die hard Bronco fan could see that play the "head butt,". Anyway, good day, stay warm.

How about sending in the best of the best refs????? Hope I am wrong about the fix.
As a Broncos fan, could someone argue Super Bowl L (50) was “fixed” for Manning to get one last ring, or does it only when the outcome isn’t favorable for that person?

I think the idea of Super Bowls being fixed is stupid, but I’m just making sure there aren’t any double standards.

If they wanted Brady to win, why this year and not last year? At the end of the day, the games must be played. Any game given Sunday.

Old 01-31-2019, 07:54 AM

76 posts, read 20,050 times
The last Rams-Patriots Superbowl was a good game so I am hoping for the same on Sunday!

Old 01-31-2019, 10:32 AM

6,450 posts, read 3,457,518 times
Here's a pretty decent (and long) in depth analysis of the upcoming game.

Barnwell's Super Bowl LIII preview - What you need to know for Patriots-Rams 2019

Old 01-31-2019, 02:56 PM

75 posts, read 13,990 times
Default Who do you think will win the SuperBowl?

I think on paper LA is better, but hard to ignore New England's experience and track record.

NE 31
LA 24

Old 01-31-2019, 03:32 PM

15,036 posts, read 4,800,491 times
Let's hope for a good game. My guess: The LA Rams win a close one 27-24.

Old 01-31-2019, 04:47 PM

28,497 posts, read 62,167,040 times
Don't care.

Old 01-31-2019, 06:53 PM

4,990 posts, read 8,072,491 times
It comes down to the DTs for the Rams, IMO. If the Pats can keep Donald and Suh away from Brady, they will win. If they can not, they will lose.

I see Donald playing the role of Justin Tuck in this game, and making Brady uncomfortable in the pocket.

Rams 30
Patriots 20

Old 02-01-2019, 09:41 PM

2,753 posts, read 2,370,607 times
Rams 31
Patriots 30

Probably will be a big blown call down the stretch.

Old 02-02-2019, 06:28 AM

44,791 posts, read 36,172,094 times
Can both teams lose?

I usually watch the Super Bowl but this year I'm going shopping instead. Or if it's raining, I'll watch, I don't know, ANYTHING else on TV. Or maybe even (gasp) read a book - THAT would be revolutionary!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football