Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 11:18 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,265,944 times

Advertisements

how can you go against the Patriots? they dominated both games against 2 very good teams the Chargers and Chiefs.

if Patriots could handle Mahomes at KC, they will handle Goff in Atlanta. Brady will exploit that Rams secondary and this time they will call PI on the Rams if they pull the same thing on the Pats receivers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2019, 06:18 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,082,106 times
Any given Sunday...... hoping for a good game, my money is on NE.

Old 01-21-2019, 06:23 AM

24,385 posts, read 23,041,608 times
I could let this one go out of sheer boredom if not for two things. One, the Patriots have the most pathetic fan base of any team since the Cowboys of the 90s. I mean they are geeks even among band wagoner fan boys. I'm not counting actual New Englanders, of which I do know one. I can respect his loyalty and he was honest to admit that the Patriots are tainted under Brady and Bellichick for cheating. And that's the second point, they are a team of cheats and all of their accomplishments under these two have got to be questioned. How many rings do they really deserve? Not 5. 2? Maybe 3? Maybe none?
I have a coworker who for a whole freaking year has gone around with a constipated and very pissed off look on his face after them losing to the eagles. Now today he was crowing about 13 AFC championships. If he has a blow up Tom Brady doll to sleep with I would believe it.
I'm waiting for the day when this gets exposed and the myth that these bums are football Gods is destroyed. Lifetime bans from the Hall Of Fame, disbanding the franchise, renaming the team and stripping them of their championships.
And don't forget that as shady and underhanded as these guys are they are EXTREMELY prey to blackmail and them throwing a game would make the Vegas bookmakers a ton of money.

Old 01-21-2019, 06:36 AM

2,264 posts, read 1,481,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I could let this one go out of sheer boredom if not for two things. One, the Patriots have the most pathetic fan base of any team since the Cowboys of the 90s. I mean they are geeks even among band wagoner fan boys. I'm not counting actual New Englanders, of which I do know one. I can respect his loyalty and he was honest to admit that the Patriots are tainted under Brady and Bellichick for cheating. And that's the second point, they are a team of cheats and all of their accomplishments under these two have got to be questioned. How many rings do they really deserve? Not 5. 2? Maybe 3? Maybe none?
I have a coworker who for a whole freaking year has gone around with a constipated and very pissed off look on his face after them losing to the eagles. Now today he was crowing about 13 AFC championships. If he has a blow up Tom Brady doll to sleep with I would believe it.
I'm waiting for the day when this gets exposed and the myth that these bums are football Gods is destroyed. Lifetime bans from the Hall Of Fame, disbanding the franchise, renaming the team and stripping them of their championships.
And don't forget that as shady and underhanded as these guys are they are EXTREMELY prey to blackmail and them throwing a game would make the Vegas bookmakers a ton of money.
Multimillionaires whose ability to make money both on and off the field is dependent on winning are 'EXTREMELY prey to blackmail'? You don't appear to understand how blackmail actually works if you think that.

You also apparently have no idea how bookmaking works. Vegas doesn't care who wins. The line is set so that no matter the winner, they skim off 10% of the millions bet on games.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:11 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,045,300 times
To finish out a lousy year of picking games - Patriots.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:36 AM

5,819 posts, read 5,618,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Damn you're upset lol...

Old 01-21-2019, 07:49 AM

4,930 posts, read 3,043,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Between the awful officiating and the same team winning year after year I am done with the NFL for this year. I'll record the Super Bowl on YouTube TV, if the scores close I'll watch it sometime, but am going to be doing something more productive on February 2 than watching the Patriots in another Super Bowl, and watching boring commercials. I'll say Patriots 24-14 if only because I hope Brady & Belicheck retire afterwards and give the other 15 AFC teams a chance to win something.

I'll wager the entire city of St. Louis won't even bother recording it.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:51 AM

6,404 posts, read 8,979,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
You also apparently have no idea how bookmaking works. Vegas doesn't care who wins. The line is set so that no matter the winner, they skim off 10% of the millions bet on games.
There's so much "rigged by Vegas" garbage out there. Vegas wins no matter what. Point is moot too as the Chiefs had the game won if not for Dee Ford not lining up in the neutral zone.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:55 AM

3,072 posts, read 1,299,346 times
If New England wins Brady and Belichick retire....book it

Old 01-21-2019, 09:45 AM

14,479 posts, read 11,272,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
I really dislike both of these teams, waffling back and forth about who I want to win. As much as I hate to say it, probably the Rams, only (and really... ONLY) because they aren’t the Patriots.
I understand the hate but you're gonna miss them when they're gone. There will never be another run of NFL dominance like these Patriots have put together. It'll a different team every year that will only excite that city's fanbase. The SB won't be special anymore because ever city will end up getting a trophy eventually.

The standard for the NFL is a dynasty, not a SB victory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football