U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2019, 04:55 AM

6,444 posts, read 3,453,370 times

Advertisements

I love the talk of a boring game, or how the league is rigged for the Pats, or any other garbage thrown at the Pats.

They have been built to win by any means. They score when they need to most. They stop the other team's strengths. And they win - A LOT.

I'm a Pats fan and I love it. And I look at the negativity and hate and feel sorry for those who pretend to be sports fans. To not marvel at this team's accomplishments and their staggering dynasty run is you loss. I love sports, and when dominance comes along I marvel at it. I hated the Yankees for a long time, but I know it wasn't really hate because behind it all I was in awe of their dominance as they always kept the Red Sox at bay until the Sox turned that around.

It is a safe bet the major sports world will never see a QB, a coach, a team, go on this long of a run again. Sorry not sorry it's not your team doing the winning. If your team was the Pats, you'd defend them and marvel at them despite the Gates or anything else that has been a media frenzy against.

It's sad that even after a 6-3 record in SUper Bowls people will stay say not the best for whatever reason. I guess they cheated again this year as they always do, or it's a dog and pony show and Goodell wants them to win every year. If you believe that rubbish, you're not a football fan, or your just stuck in the muck of hate. Keep hating - I"m celebrating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2019, 04:59 AM

71,920 posts, read 83,581,802 times
Of course any Pats fan would have been delighted with the outcome. That being said, the fact is the ame was boring. Certainly The Rams players showed how they were not experienced enough to handle the pressure and the Pats, showed they had forgotten how to score The only positive thing was the game certainly didn't drag on.

Old 02-04-2019, 05:03 AM

71,920 posts, read 83,581,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I love the talk of a boring game, or how the league is rigged for the Pats, or any other garbage thrown at the Pats.

They have been built to win by any means. They score when they need to most. They stop the other team's strengths. And they win - A LOT.

I'm a Pats fan and I love it. And I look at the negativity and hate and feel sorry for those who pretend to be sports fans. To not marvel at this team's accomplishments and their staggering dynasty run is you loss. I love sports, and when dominance comes along I marvel at it. I hated the Yankees for a long time, but I know it wasn't really hate because behind it all I was in awe of their dominance as they always kept the Red Sox at bay until the Sox turned that around.

It is a safe bet the major sports world will never see a QB, a coach, a team, go on this long of a run again. Sorry not sorry it's not your team doing the winning. If your team was the Pats, you'd defend them and marvel at them despite the Gates or anything else that has been a media frenzy against.

It's sad that even after a 6-3 record in SUper Bowls people will stay say not the best for whatever reason. I guess they cheated again this year as they always do, or it's a dog and pony show and Goodell wants them to win every year. If you believe that rubbish, you're not a football fan, or your just stuck in the muck of hate. Keep hating - I"m celebrating.
Most of us are sports fans whether we like or hate the Pats. But even you should be willing to admit Brady and team were not up to their used to be selves and the game was not exciting. Defending your them is one thing, honesty is another. The game sucked!!!!! And yes, they are or were a great team.

Old 02-04-2019, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Of course any Pats fan would have been delighted with the outcome. That being said, the fact is the ame was boring. Certainly The Rams players showed how they were not experienced enough to handle the pressure and the Pats, showed they had forgotten how to score The only positive thing was the game certainly didn't drag on.
Absolutely. But if you can't see this dynasty transcending something in the bigger picture, something we'll never see again, then that's just too bad IMHO.

Old 02-04-2019, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Most of us are sports fans whether we like or hate the Pats. But even you should be willing to admit Brady and team were not up to their used to be selves and the game was not exciting. Defending your them is one thing, honesty is another. The game sucked!!!!! And yes, they are or were a great team.
Only one thing matters, and that's scoring more points than the opponent. Because it wasn't pleasant to the eye with scoring and excitement, too bad for the NFL because that's the product they want. Sports is built on winning and not flash. Belichick knows that and so does Brady.

Old 02-04-2019, 05:07 AM

2,431 posts, read 5,494,416 times
Quote:
Of course any Pats fan would have been delighted with the outcome. That being said, the fact is the ame was boring.
The talking heads are calling this, "The Sleeper Bowl."

Haters will be Haters....it wasn't their team. Boo-Hoo! Patriots are Champions again! Can't beat Belichik..proven again last night!
FAQ

Old 02-04-2019, 05:19 AM

4,979 posts, read 11,044,361 times
Quote:
Are or were a great team???

They just won their 6th SB Title....3rd in the last 5 years.....there is nothing "past tense" about them.

You really think the Pats care whether the game was "exciting enough" for you???

The goal of any sporting contest is to win....to score more points than then other team.....mission accomplished...

Old 02-04-2019, 05:33 AM

6,777 posts, read 10,173,498 times
What a snoozefest!

Old 02-04-2019, 05:41 AM

1,687 posts, read 2,056,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
No question Brady is the greatest NFL QB ever.
I keep hearing that if one was a doubter about Brady being GOAT, this game should have sealed it. Yes, I think Brady is arguably the GOAT, but in this super bowl, he was nothing spectacular. Usually, Brady throws these amazing thread the needle rope passes, but in this game, I saw him throw about two good passes.

Brady was the quarterback, but the Edelson and the defense won the game.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:01 AM

689 posts, read 338,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-23 View Post
I keep hearing that if one was a doubter about Brady being GOAT, this game should have sealed it. Yes, I think Brady is arguably the GOAT, but in this super bowl, he was nothing spectacular. Usually, Brady throws these amazing thread the needle rope passes, but in this game, I saw him throw about two good passes.

Brady was the quarterback, but the Edelson and the defense won the game.
Totally agree and I think Gilmore or someone from Pats D should've won MVP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football