Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2019, 06:06 AM

9,504 posts, read 9,818,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
The Patriots are the favorites to win the Super Bowl...

...in 2020.

https://www.nj.com/expo/sports/g66l-...ontenders.html
Until the AFC East actually gets it's act together and offers the Pat's some competition, NE can pretty much count on being in the playoffs for years to come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2019, 06:06 AM

796 posts, read 505,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
Has a defensive player ever been named "Most Valuable Player"? In this game, maybe Patriot defense as a whole should have received the honor.
Line backer Von Miller won the SB MVP in SB 50. He got to Cam a lot and definitely deserved it. That was a Wade Phillips D and this years Rams D was also lead by Wade and they played well...just needed more from Rams offense.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:10 AM

4,667 posts, read 3,863,296 times
It was a snooze fest, but it was at least close most of the game making it better than the blow out super bowls we had with the 49ers or the Cowboys vs Bills in the 80s & 90's where it was over in the 1st quarter.

Even Romo seemed less enthusiastic & was predicting less plays than normal. And even the post game seemed blah & uncharacteristic of recent past Super Bowls.

But ya, you know it was a boring game when the biggest topic after the game is whether Brady kissed Kraft on the lips or not. Laurel or Yanny?

Old 02-04-2019, 06:16 AM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Totally agree with Dan.

And I love how the football 'purists' see fit to personally insult those who found this game boring. So much for respecting the opinions of others. Those who found this game boring are no more wrong than those who found it to be an intriguing defensive game. At least those of us who thought it to be a snooze fest aren't judging the character of those who liked the game.

Super Bowl LIII was a complete disaster

Quote:
This was a slog of a football game, a tractor pull turned punt-fest that featured – yes, excellent defensive play – but also a lot of offensive ineptitude on both sides.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:58 AM

17,310 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Best part about this Superbowl.......I went to dinner just after the kickoff and got back late in the 3rd quarter......basically missed NOTHING!

It's like falling asleep during a baseball game, waking up 5 innings later only to see the score is the same. You caught a nap (or ate dinner), didn't suffer through more bad commercials and missed nothing!

Old 02-04-2019, 07:17 AM

117 posts, read 99,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
I'm just glad Romo is in the broadcast booth for the game. I love the insight & energy he brings. Also glad Buck & Aikman aren't calling the plays.
Oh No Romo is the worst. He was bad enough as a QB, but even worse in the booth.

Old 02-04-2019, 07:20 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Until the AFC East actually gets it's act together and offers the Pat's some competition, NE can pretty much count on being in the playoffs for years to come.
Simply put, the Patriots have been beating everybody. They're averaging something like 7.89 wins a season against non AFC East teams. So even if they were in a very tough division every year and were going .500, they'd still be winning 11 games every year.

Here are some more numbers for. In the last 18 years, the Patriots have won 78% of their games vs. the AFC South. 76% of their games vs. the AFC North. 66% of their games vs. the AFC West. 81% of their games vs. the NFC. Prior to this season, the Patriots had won their last 15 games vs. the AFC South.

Old 02-04-2019, 07:33 AM

9,504 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTCLWR View Post
Oh No Romo is the worst. He was bad enough as a QB, but even worse in the booth.
Romo made the SB exciting. I really enjoyed listening to him. I would have fell asleep in 2nd quarter if Romo wasn't there.

Old 02-04-2019, 07:54 AM

3,798 posts, read 2,324,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTCLWR View Post

Disagree completely. Romo wasn't great on the field, I'll give you that, but his calling in the booth is exemplary and he's great at knowing exactly how a play is going to go even before they line up.

I loved this game as it was a defensive battle. I'm getting a bit tired of everyone wanting basically no defense and high scoring, offensive excitement with massive amounts of "explosive" plays, (which basically means no defense). The game was well balanced, and there weren't too many questionable calls. Yeah, it was low scoring, but it meant that every score was more meaningful.

Old 02-04-2019, 07:58 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Saints benefited from no calls in the playoffs in previous years. They blew a two score lead. They could have managed their playcalling better. It's been nauseating listening to the "Geaux Saints" crowd these past few weeks with no mention of their past no call benefits, poor playcalling and the like. I'll have a hearty Mr. Burns chuckle if the Rams win.
No previous bad calls by refs could ever be more blatant than that one though. You can't justify that call by referencing any previous bad calls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football