U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2019, 10:03 AM

116 posts, read 36,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
I figured the Pats would win prior to the game starting, however it was cemented in my mind when the camera panned to Jared Goff during the National Anthem. His hand was shaking and he looked like he was going to pass out. I turned to my husband and asked if he saw it. He said yes. I told him that it was not going to be a good game for Mr. Goff.
We all noticed the same thing. It's tough in your first Super Bowl. He tried to stay calm, but it showed he was not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2019, 10:05 AM

5,188 posts, read 3,501,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
When did Gurley's running game go missing? Is his leg injured? Why does CJ Anderson have to take more snaps than the Rams once primary weapon? I'm not really a big follower of the Rams these days, so maybe somebody can fill us in here. The only thing I heard the announcers reference wrt this was that CJ Anderson was a good mentor to him, as in he may have some mental or attitudinal issues?

Where's that storyline?

There ya go. Was he / is be injured?

What kind of procedure? To his knee, leg, foot, hip, maybe a checkup from the neckup? What are we talking about here?

Few wks. ago they were talking about a "minor" knee issue.

Old 02-04-2019, 10:13 AM

3,721 posts, read 3,876,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Yep. And it's only been Denver who has had Bill and Brady's number over the years. Patriots have beaten the Steelers with regularity.
Brady is 11-2 vs. the Steelers. The Patriots have flat out owned them over the last 18 years. Brady is 8-9 vs. Denver in his career. The Broncos are the only team he has a losing record against.

Old 02-04-2019, 10:21 AM

116 posts, read 36,476 times
They unfortunate thing, for the rest of the league, is that Tom Terrific still has 4 fingers left that need rings to put on them.

Old 02-04-2019, 10:47 AM

4,291 posts, read 1,856,246 times
Brady has never really talked about it. And why would he? He wouldn’t really have anything to gain. But I think deep down he would probably like to finish his career holding all the major passing records as well as being the winningest quarterback of all time. That goal is within reach. But he will have to last one more season then Drew Brees. It looks like Brees has at least a couple more seasons left in him.

Old 02-04-2019, 10:53 AM

76 posts, read 19,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Where? And if that is true, why don't we see him in the HOF for his play?

I just have a hard time seeing Belichek being GOAT over the likes of Lombardi, Landry or Schula.

They all seemed to do it with more than one great QB.
Really? Belichick was the last Browns coach to take the Browns to the playoffs! He is one of the greatest of all time coaches

Old 02-04-2019, 11:01 AM

4,322 posts, read 2,256,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTCLWR View Post
They unfortunate thing, for the rest of the league, is that Tom Terrific still has 4 fingers left that need rings to put on them.
I'm not a Brady nor a Patriots fan but that would be superb if he had Super Bowl rings on all of his fingers.

Old 02-04-2019, 11:10 AM

14,540 posts, read 22,406,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
I'm not a Brady nor a Patriots fan but that would be superb if he had Super Bowl rings on all of his fingers.
You actually do have a Tom Brady Fathead on your ceiling.

Now, back to further explain this talk of an anemic scoreboard. Chris Hogan should not receive a Super Bowl ring. He sucked.

So far, I see two plays Gurley was involved in, 16 yard run, and involved with Patrick Chung going out with a broken arm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Last year the Patriots shredded the Eagles' defense and lost - their own defense got shredded. This year their offense struggled to put up points and their defense pretty much shutdown the Rams' offense. What a change a year makes.

How about Jason McCourty. Goes from not winning a single game in 2017 to a Super Bowl champion the next year. He also had a MASSIVE play to breakup what probably would have been a Brandin Cooks TD.
Gillmore had an epic breakup of a throw to Cooks too.

Goff could have been called for the safety, then from his endzone, Hekker punts a record 65 yarder. Some players did their job.

Speaking of doing their job, here's what the Patriots defense gave the Rams offense on their first eight possessions...

3 plays
5 plays
3 plays
5 plays
3 plays
3 plays
5 plays
3 plays...

So given that, why would have BB and Brady tried to open it up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMoney12345 View Post
It is weird because Patriots have the #21 ranked defense, I thought the Patriots' defense was going to get shredded last night but I was dead wrong on that
You haven't done much football watchin in the last eighteen years, huh? The Patriots have this coach you see.

They seem to dial up whatever is necessary.

Oh, Allen, punter for the Chowds did quite a phenomenal job too.

Add: oh I'm sorry. Gulrley the Second had a twelve yard first down run nulified by a holding penalty.

More add:

Haha, the associated press gets in on the act with their steer-the-fake-narrative campaign.

Quote:
"He completed 19 of 38 passes for 229 yards, with an assortment of rushed throws, misread coverages and, in the tiny windows in which LA showed any sign of life, a pair of terrible passes.

One, trailing 3-0 in the third quarter, was late and high to wide-open Brandin Cooks in the end zone"
A pair of terrible passes is a big fat lie.

The pass to Cooks was right in his freaking arms in the endzone and he dropped it. Go look yourselves. It's at the 4:24 mark.

Let the Press tell y'all what y'all are supposed to think. It was a boring game blah blah blah.

They just don't like Bilichick and they don't like Tom Brady and neither should you. Read your fakestream mainstream media and let them tell you how to think, just like politics, snore.

Last edited by McGowdog; 02-04-2019 at 12:24 PM..

Old 02-04-2019, 11:11 AM

3,721 posts, read 3,876,963 times
Last year the Patriots shredded the Eagles' defense and lost - their own defense got shredded. This year their offense struggled to put up points and their defense pretty much shutdown the Rams' offense. What a change a year makes.

How about Jason McCourty. Goes from not winning a single game in 2017 to a Super Bowl champion the next year. He also had a MASSIVE play to breakup what probably would have been a Brandin Cooks TD.

Old 02-04-2019, 11:16 AM

76 posts, read 19,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post

It is weird because Patriots have the #21 ranked defense, I thought the Patriots' defense was going to get shredded last night but I was dead wrong on that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football