Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 05:50 AM

7,274 posts, read 5,257,237 times

Advertisements

Anyone casting doubt that this Brady/Belichick team with all it's changing parts in the past 19 years isn't the greatest NFL dynasty ever, whatever. Same can be said for Belichick greatest coach and Brady greatest QB - cast doubt on that, whatever. I no longer have the need as a fan to defend the accomplishments - simply the greatest this sport has ever seen, bar none.

The Rams defense played really good, whereas the Patriots defense was simply excellent for 60 minutes. In the field position game this was, a few things stood out to me. Both punters and special teams were excellent in the field position game. One play made inside the red zone, ONE. Incredible. Brady threw for 262 yds, and the offense was also part of keeping the Rams away from the red zone with field position. Brady's game was subpar by his own standards, but I don't care because in the 4th quarter of the biggest game he found "that" drive to seal the deal. Four passes and one Michel run and that was it. Edelman moved the chains. Gronk made a huge catch when needed. The Patriots had over 400 yds of offense, and it was balanced. The Rams were stymied, and they didn't seem ready for the bright lights.

This wasn't an exciting game...or was it. What glasses to you watch football with? Roger Goodell's wish for games we saw during the year with points flying all over the place is what most fans seem to want. There's no intrigue there - it's who has the last ball wins (in general). This game was hard hitting, and kudos to the refs for letting this game play out old school. Hard hits, and I saw several on both sides that were easily flags based on how games have been called this year, but they weren't thrown. And very few times did I see players complain other than a quick point to a ref for why not that?

I enjoyed this game for the suspense. One play at any time - game could have changed. Old school, hard played, offense be damned. The better coached team won. The team that executed better on the field won. And what those outside of New England didn't want to see is what they got. More Patriots. More Brady.

If you are a sports fan you marvel despite your feelings about the Patriots if you're not a Pats fan. If you're a hater you will take cheating to your grave with the Patriots. So be it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2019, 06:45 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,864,528 times
Few thoughts

I heard that someone upstairs...maybe CBS executive or one of the ownerws ordered Romo to stop predicting plays.
During the KC game he was figuring out what the next play might be and was right a lot of the time.Everyone loved it and he was very refreshing but it all stopped for the Super Bowl
Also.....did you all see Donald do that violent throw down on Brady....very unsportsmanlike.Looked like he was trying to hurt him....should have had a flag on that.
Pats have 12 draft picks this year...they will be reloading......see you in Miami

Old 02-05-2019, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
Few thoughts

I heard that someone upstairs...maybe CBS executive or one of the ownerws ordered Romo to stop predicting plays.
During the KC game he was figuring out what the next play might be and was right a lot of the time.Everyone loved it and he was very refreshing but it all stopped for the Super Bowl
Also.....did you all see Donald do that violent throw down on Brady....very unsportsmanlike.Looked like he was trying to hurt him....should have had a flag on that.
Pats have 12 draft picks this year...they will be reloading......see you in Miami
Saw the Donald play. And Suh drove somebody's head into the ground with his hand. There was the hit against Goff going out of bounds borderline. Point is - the refs let them play and I was OK with that.

I very much enjoy Romo, and they should not have squashed his predicting.

The Pats just are not going anywhere soon.

And on Good Morning Football right now they are discussing greatest football player of all time. Jim Brown came up of course. But at the end of the discussion, Brady won simply because he wins, and a lot.

Old 02-05-2019, 08:05 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,864,528 times
"The Pats just are not going anywhere soon"

Huh? 6 of the 12 draft picks are in the first three rounds
They will be loading up
I'm predicting ring # 7 next year in Miami

Old 02-05-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
"The Pats just are not going anywhere soon"

Huh? 6 of the 12 draft picks are in the first three rounds
They will be loading up
I'm predicting ring # 7 next year in Miami
Umm, that's what is meant by not going anywhere soon They're on top and will continue be be there.

Old 02-05-2019, 10:23 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,058,902 times
Quote:
Few thoughts

Ha. Love it.

THEY DON'T REBUILD, THEY RELOAD.

(Granted KC looked like a legit challenger and you just never know what sort of things will play out in a given season, but the odds on the Pats should be very strong.)

Old 02-05-2019, 11:06 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,129,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Ha. Love it.

THEY DON'T REBUILD, THEY RELOAD.

(Granted KC looked like a legit challenger and you just never know what sort of things will play out in a given season, but the odds on the Pats should be very strong.)
Ha-ha, re-load, I like it.

Brady said this morning he doesn't like being called the GOAT. He really doesn't. He also said that the haters, the ones that say he's washed-up, all the cheating talkers, THAT'S what inspires him to go out and do his best to win.

So come on haters, naysayers, keep it up. Keep giving our boy something to prove!!!! 🖐👍= 6 SB Rings. 😎

Old 02-05-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post

Brady said this morning he doesn't like being called the GOAT. He really doesn't. He also said that the haters, the ones that say he's washed-up, all the cheating talkers, THAT'S what inspires him to go out and do his best to win.

So come on haters, naysayers, keep it up. Keep giving our boy something to prove!!!! ����= 6 SB Rings. ��
I think Brady has eaten way too many slices of humble pie. I believe his entire career, from being a Michigan backup to being passed over in the draft (including the Patriots) until finally being picked #199 has permanently motivated him.

Old 02-05-2019, 11:50 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,058,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post

So come on haters, naysayers, keep it up. Keep giving our boy something to prove!!!! 🖐👍= 6 SB Rings. 😎
I think it's a Roll Tide saying - "they don't rebuild, they reload.."

Or something. I heard it somewhere. But it really should be the Pats' motto.

Old 02-05-2019, 11:53 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,129,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I think Brady has eaten way too many slices of humble pie. I believe his entire career, from being a Michigan backup to being passed over in the draft (including the Patriots) until finally being picked #199 has permanently motivated him.
Oh yeah, you can see it on his face and hear it in his voice, he STILL smarts from that #199 pick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football