Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 05:06 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,007,212 times

Advertisements

A few years back I was going to buy a few of the cheap(er) tickets to the Broncos and Seahawks game. Namely because I've always been a fan of the sport (not either of the teams playing) for nearly 30 years and because it was one of the rare and possibly only times that they would host it in NY (technically North jersey).

I figured this would have been the cheapest and best time to do it and if I decided to do it at any other time in the future, I would have to to pay alot more when you add in travel and lodging.

At the time, financially it was a bit much so ultimately I decided not to bite on it, but I sort of regret it.

Anyway, has anyone ever gone? Was it worth it in your opinion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2019, 05:23 PM

5,734 posts, read 4,689,857 times
I went to that Superbowl at Metlife field. First SB I ever went to, and probably will be the last.

It was a logistics nightmare. Security dictated that every ticket holder HAD to take either the special train or the official bus to the stadium. So had to go through security at Madison Sq Garden to get on the train, and then again at the stadium. Security was just like at the airport... metal detectors, people looking in your bag/purse, getting frisked, etc... Took over 3 hours to get from MSG into the stadium. And then over 4 hours to get back onto the train to get back to MSG after game was over. Absolute cluster. Lines were longer than NYPD had set barricades to form the lines, so it was at total moshpit.

Didn't get back to our hotel in Manhattan until after 2am.

I'll never go again just to be treated like cattle. Much rather watch in my living room or at friend's house.

Just not worth it.

Old 01-26-2019, 05:33 PM

5,130 posts, read 6,123,485 times
In 2006 my Patriots were in the Super Bowl an having relocated to just minutes away from where they were playing in Jacksoncille, Florida I seriously thought about buying a ticket. I had a really great friend agree to buy one to so I was only purchasing one not two if the wife was going. I did not want to go alone.

I rationalized that this might be the only opportunity to see my Patriots, enjoy Super Bowl week festivities without having to lay out cash for plane tickets and lodging.

The tickets averaged around $1500 from the Jaguars season ticket holders who were lucky enough to get tickets. A friend put me in touch with someone he knew who had two tickets. He was thinking around $1500, I said okay, he paused and said I really should be asking $1800. Again I said okay.......once in lifetime I figured. He said he would let me know. Shortly after tickets started their climb I think they finally leveled out at between $3500-$4250 a ticket.

I couldn't justify......years before $1250 was average.

I heard this year they are climbing higher also. I can't imagine buying tickets, lodging and airfare for Super Bowl experience but plenty do. Most of my friends who have gone to the Patriots played Super Bowls did so through the generosity of their friends who are Patriots season ticket holders who were able to get tickets.

To those that can afford I bet it is a great experience

Old 01-26-2019, 05:36 PM

251 posts, read 311,493 times
I went to the one in 2012 here in Indy. It was well worth it just seeing the Pats get their asses kicked.

Old 01-26-2019, 05:44 PM

5,130 posts, read 6,123,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportzfn View Post
I went to the one in 2012 here in Indy. It was well worth it just seeing the Pats get their asses kicked.

We can't always win.........I am one of the few humble Patriots fans.

Just did a quick Google search and they say upper level this year is averaging a little over $3000. They say the Rams are relatively new to LA along with the distance for their fans and everyone wanted to see another team other than the Patriots are the reason it is keeping tickets lower this year.

Old 01-26-2019, 06:51 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,807,922 times
Went to Superbowl XLIX here in AZ.I'm lucky as I live 15 minutes from the stadium so no hotel,food and rental car costs. My girlfriends boss got us tickets at cost which were $900.00/each upper deck around the 30 yard line. It was a great game and a great experience all around!

I've always wanted to go but could never bring myself to shell out thousands just for the tickets,never mind all the other costs. It was a great experience and worth it for us but I can't say I'd say the same if I hadn't lucked out getting the tickets at cost and living so close by. There's so much to do all week long with the whole NFL experience going on downtown and being a Cardinals season ticket holder I received free tickets for that.

The next one here in AZ is 2023 and she's already hinting around to her boss.
Attached Thumbnails
Ever been to a Superbowl? Was it worth it?-unspecified.jpeg   Ever been to a Superbowl? Was it worth it?-unspecified-2.jpeg   Ever been to a Superbowl? Was it worth it?-unspecified-3.jpeg   Ever been to a Superbowl? Was it worth it?-unspecified-4.jpeg  

Old 01-26-2019, 06:59 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,122,669 times
1984 New Orleans. It was phenominal.

Old 01-26-2019, 07:53 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,007,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
Went to Superbowl XLIX here in AZ.I'm lucky as I live 15 minutes from the stadium so no hotel,food and rental car costs. My girlfriends boss got us tickets at cost which were $900.00/each upper deck around the 30 yard line. It was a great game and a great experience all around!

I've always wanted to go but could never bring myself to shell out thousands just for the tickets,never mind all the other costs. It was a great experience and worth it for us but I can't say I'd say the same if I hadn't lucked out getting the tickets at cost and living so close by. There's so much to do all week long with the whole NFL experience going on downtown and being a Cardinals season ticket holder I received free tickets for that.

The next one here in AZ is 2023 and she's already hinting around to her boss.
Those were great seats, thanks for the pics

Old 01-26-2019, 07:59 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,960,626 times
no.
had tickets but sold them.
made +800% over face.
bought a car. still drive it.

Old 01-27-2019, 07:11 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,249,721 times
We were considering going if the Chiefs went to the Super Bowl this year, but had sort of decided that it was going to be way too expensive. Now that it’s the Patriots and Rams, apparently Super Bowl ticket prices have dropped. Nobody wants to watch the Super Bowl this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football