U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 09:45 PM

4,847 posts, read 6,361,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
And so ends the Sean McVay “era”

Fun while it lasted!

Next......
Your critique is premature as was the original post. McVay may be a flash in the pan. He may also be the coach of the future. Time will tell.

Old 02-03-2019, 11:23 PM

4,981 posts, read 11,048,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Your critique is premature as was the original post. McVay may be a flash in the pan. He may also be the coach of the future. Time will tell.
No....the OP was DEFINITELY premature.

My critique was spot on as McVay hasn't WON ANYTHING...."anointing" him as the next greatest coach is beyond ridiculous.

The offensive "genius" just put up the fewest points in a SB in history....

IF McVay can actually get his team back to the SB ( ask Ron Rivera, Pete Carroll and Doug Pederson how easy that is) AND actually wins a COUPLE.....THEN he can be in a discussion for "one of the best pro football coaches of all time"

As of right now he has done absolutely NOTHING to be considered more than a "good young coach"

Old 02-04-2019, 11:36 AM

5,296 posts, read 2,693,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
I have come to the conclusion that Sean McVay is a football genius. He may have been born a football genius. Taking a 4-12 Rams team to the Super Bowl in only his second season, is just the beginning of his long successful coaching career.

It may be way too early to predict this, and I know a lot of you may write "pump the brakes" with my thoughts. But IMO, he may go down as one of the best pro football coaches of all time.

A lot has been said to never bet against Tom Brady. I am saying the same applies for Sean McVay. The only difference is, this is only the beginning of the McVay era. Where Brady has been there, and done that for a long time. I am excited to see how this plays out!!
Lol. Well, you did go out on a limb at least. I watched the Bears dismantle the Rams. Ever since then they have been only a decent team... not great. The Rams offense yesterday was one of the most anemic I’ve seen in any game this year. Goff was a deer in the headlights all night long. McVay is still a good coach but you anointed him to the Hall of Fame waaaaay too early.

Old 02-04-2019, 01:29 PM

1,563 posts, read 2,292,156 times
Quote:
I have come to the conclusion that Sean McVay is a football genius. He may have been born a football genius. Taking a 4-12 Rams team to the Super Bowl in only his second season, is just the beginning of his long successful coaching career.

It may be way too early to predict this, and I know a lot of you may write "pump the brakes" with my thoughts. But IMO, he may go down as one of the best pro football coaches of all time.

A lot has been said to never bet against Tom Brady. I am saying the same applies for Sean McVay. The only difference is, this is only the beginning of the McVay era. Where Brady has been there, and done that for a long time. I am excited to see how this plays out!!

Well....how did that work out for the "genius"...….outcoached is an understatement.He met the genius.
McVay said he wouldn't go to the White House if he won the SB.....guess some of his thugs wouldn't feel comfortable there.
Not to worry...…...you lost,genius

Old 02-04-2019, 03:49 PM

4,847 posts, read 6,361,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
Well....how did that work out for the "genius"...….outcoached is an understatement.He met the genius.
McVay said he wouldn't go to the White House if he won the SB.....guess some of his thugs wouldn't feel comfortable there.
Not to worry...…...you lost,genius
Why are you so abrasive? Not to mention hypocritical as some Patriots, including Brady, have skipped the White House. I suspect, though, your comments won't last long.

Old 02-04-2019, 04:21 PM

116 posts, read 36,683 times
Quote:
I have come to the conclusion that Sean McVay is a football genius.
Genius? ROTFLMAO!!!! He admitted he was out coached. I do give him credit for admitting it though.

Old 02-04-2019, 05:31 PM

16,527 posts, read 20,972,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Why are you so abrasive? Not to mention hypocritical as some Patriots, including Brady, have skipped the White House. I suspect, though, your comments won't last long.

They won't. Neither will this thread. I saw this thread maybe 5 minutes after it hit the page. I knew it would be trouble after the game regardless of who won. How do you spell trouble?

C-L-O-S-E-D
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or