Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was Super Bowl LIII the worse Super Bowl you’ve ever watched?
Yes 48 50.00%
No 48 50.00%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 09:53 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
Good thing the Pats got there that season as the Bears showed they couldnt stop Marino then.
I really enjoyed that Monday night game.
Ah but that was when the Patriots were just a "usual" NFL team. They are NOT "usual" anymore. At least not until Tom Terrific retires. Give it 4 more years when he turns the magic 45.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2019, 02:02 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,597,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
The other 18 games must’ve been a bit too much for you then. You’ve had 34 years to recover at least.
theres been a lot more than 18 NFL games since then..its the Bills teams from 89-93 i couldnt stand and that 94 playoff game between Miami and San Diego that still feels like the worst officiated game Ive ever seen, granted Miami wasnt going to beat SF in that SB either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I have run across many who think pro sports leagues are fixed.
they kinda are as the ref that got caught helping to fix games in the NBA a bit more than a decade ago showed.... Im rather skeptical of them being fixed at the college level too.

Last edited by tripleh; 02-06-2019 at 02:26 PM..

Old 02-06-2019, 09:30 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,244,782 times
I'd say the worst SB I've watched was Ravens-Giants in 2001. Kerry Collins running for his life for 3 hours isn't exactly my idea of a good game. Seahawks-Broncos from 5 years ago is another but the sheer dominance was a spectacle.

This one wasn't great but it wasn't decided until the last minute. The two I mentioned were over by the time they started.

Old 02-07-2019, 04:25 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
it was a good defensive game...both teams..

goes to show you...like the broncos did and seahawks...a defense can totally throw an offense off

the pats played the top two teams in the nfl….. kc and rams...and beat them both ...defense was a big part of the strategy.

holding kc scoreless in the first half and the rams to 3 ..is unbelievable

the rams averaged over 30 points per game....

it is what it is...some will love it some will hate it..
as edelmen said...ill take an ugly loss over a pretty win anyday

Old 02-07-2019, 04:32 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
it was a good defensive game...both teams..

goes to show you...like the broncos did and seahawks...a defense can totally throw an offense off

the pats played the top two teams in the nfl….. kc and rams...and beat them both ...defense was a big part of the strategy.

holding kc scoreless in the first half and the rams to 3 ..is unbelievable

the rams averaged over 30 points per game....

Old 02-07-2019, 04:57 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
It was painful to watch, especially if you were rooting for the Rams as most all of us were, but at least it was close and competitive. For that reason alone it was better than a blowout, but not by much.

Old 02-07-2019, 10:59 AM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,669 times
Quote:

Hopefully Edelmen is in the concussion protocol.

Old 02-07-2019, 11:53 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Quote:
Whaaaaa?????

Old 02-08-2019, 06:17 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
Julian Edelman 2/3: 'I'll take an ugly win over a pretty loss any day'. He lubbed but quickly corrected himself in the post game.

I love being a Pats fan. There's already talk of the free agents, maybe losing Flowers etc. Some forget Isaiah Wynn is there and hopefully comes back from his injury that took his rookie season away. Gordon is a question mark. Point is, it's the usual team adjustments and for a long time now pretty much get the same outcome. It's hard to fathom any more Super Bowls out of Brady/Belichick simply due to the odds. Yet I still would not bet against them.

Old 02-09-2019, 08:14 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,055,358 times
I contributed to the low ratings, turned it off after the bogus defenseless receiver call against LA.
Was he supposed to stand there, and wait for the receiver to look at him prior to tackling; at game speed from 3 feet away?.

The game is a shell of its' former self, and the Pats are a tired old story nobody outside of NE is interested in anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football