U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 03:03 PM

2,275 posts, read 3,170,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
Wow, the LA Rams with their very good team only drawed at 77% capacity. Wouldn't you think in the 2nd largest city of the country, finally having their own teams and having a good one here, that they would be at least 90%?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I think this confirms what people have thought all along that Los Angeles does not care about pro football much. I also heard that Los Angeles had the lowest viewership out of all the large metro areas for the Super Bowl despite “their” team playing in the SB.

The Chargers numbers are inflated due to the lower capacity of their stadium. They would probably be worse off than the Rams with an average sized stadium.
The Rams were wrong to leave St. Louis. They moved there from LA for a reason... .

Likewise, this shows smaller markets like Green Bay can certainly support a team better than a larger city/market like LA, and a larger market like NYC is an anomaly—supporting their teams no matter what. Yes, NYC demands success and will jeer teams’ poor performances. But if anyone proposed to move the Giants and/or the Jets elsewhere, there would be an uprising.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2019, 03:57 PM

4,322 posts, read 2,258,281 times
Packers have one the the best home attendance.

Old 02-22-2019, 07:58 PM

4,847 posts, read 6,359,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
The Rams were wrong to leave St. Louis. They moved there from LA for a reason... .
Yes. That reason was Georgia Frontiere wanting a publically funded new stadium.

Old 02-24-2019, 05:36 PM

10,674 posts, read 11,083,182 times
The Denver Broncos round out the top 5. That’s impressive given two of the teams ahead of them play in the country’s largest market, another plays in a significantly larger market, and the other is one of the most storied legacy teams in all of professional sports. Broncos fans bring it even when the head coach gets you 11-21 with an 8 game skid and two separate 4 game skids. Here’s to turning it around for 2019 for the best franchise and best fans in the AFC West!

Old 02-26-2019, 02:16 PM

3,684 posts, read 5,847,420 times
Is the %capacity tickets sold, or people through the gate? Many of the games I watched had a big percentage of empty seats. The Packers were mentioned earlier - in all of their home games the stadium appeared to be packed (no pun intended).

Old 02-26-2019, 05:51 PM

11,723 posts, read 11,545,104 times
Packers list the home game attendance for 2018 most games 78,000+ and I believe the stadium holds 80,000. Even with the poor record, they had those numbers right to the end of the season. Watching most away games, I always hear Go Pack Go and this is the reason they can't get a London game. Other teams won't give up a game where they can count on a full stadium.

Old 02-26-2019, 06:49 PM

3,960 posts, read 2,511,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMoney12345 View Post
My Vikings are #16, that is not too bad! That is a shame about the Chargers being last but I am not surprised, the Chargers should have never moved
1000% agree. I really wanted the Chargers to stay in SD...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or