U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 10:56 AM

339 posts, read 167,195 times

Advertisements

I think Dallas, Green Bay, Pittsburgh fans all travel very well, no matter whose stadium they play in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2019, 05:50 PM

11,729 posts, read 11,572,611 times
Yep, those are the ones. As a Pack fan, watching every game, I can hear those "Go Pack Go" chants at their away games. Steeler fans are really a strong presence, always, Cowboys I'm not as convinced.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:58 AM

The Steelers typically take over Cleveland. It's pretty funny. Now that there's more hype and positivity about the Browns, I imagine there will be less black and gold in the stands.

I always remember a lot of green and gold in the stands at Soldier Field, Ford Field/Pontiac Silverdome, and the Metrodome for Packer division games.

Old 07-25-2019, 09:59 PM

7,246 posts, read 8,253,338 times
For the Panthers I've got two fan bases that come to mind, neither from this past year but I'll share anyway.

Anytime the Steelers come to town, their fans make up at least 35% of the crowd, usually more. While they play in separate conferences, they do play each other every preseason. Half of Charlotte and nearby Raleigh are former Western PA residents so it's not uncommon to see Steelers shirts and car decals in both cities, and it's usually an easy ticket for those fans to secure. I'm a Hurricanes fan in the NHL and the Penguins fans like to wear their Steelers jerseys to PNC Arena in Raleigh, probably because their Sidney Crosby jerseys haven't arrived in the mail yet. I've even seen them whenever the Canes are playing other teams

The other was 2012 when the defending champion Giants came to Charlotte. This was a Thursday night game so a lot of people were taking a 3 day weekend. At the time the Panthers were struggling and it was being rumored that Ron Riveria was going to get fired. The Giants were not a lot better at that time but they completely man-handled the Panthers that night. Like with Pittsburgh, a good chunk of NY has moved to NC since the 90's and they bring their fan alligences with them. I don't remember the ratio but I do remember seeing a ton of Giants jerseys in the stadium that night, and they were about 85% of the crowd at the end.

Other teams like the Patriots/Redskins/Eagles/Cowboys/Packers/Bears/Bills also have large fan clubs here but the Steelers and Giants are the ones that I've noticed tend to be more noticeable than the Panthers fans.

Old Today, 02:25 PM

^Great points about the Carolina teams. All those darn transplants, lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or