U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 07:33 PM

32,625 posts, read 26,603,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
You have far more faith in the Giants than I do. They have Barkley.. That's it. They'll start phasing out Eli fairly quickly this year and there's going to be growing pains there. I have no idea about Daniel Jones. I do think he's a smart kid, but.. That doesn't mean he's going to be a good pro QB.

Redskins aren't much better. WR, OL and QB are huge question marks. RB is an unknown. What happens with Guice? is he the RB they expect and that we saw flashes of before he was hurt? I've compared him since BEFORE his injury to KiJana Carter.. He didn't come back from the injury. Will Peterson continue to defy father time? He's got, apparently, millions of reasons to, based on recent news reports. Defense actually looks improved.. After all, it couldn't get much worse.. But secondary is still questionable to me. In theory, they should lead the league in run defense. Of course they might be 30th in pass defense. Snyder and Allen will screw things up. That's the only guarantee.

oh i agree that the giants and redskins both are going to have issues this season for sure, but as i noted, given the propensity of the NFC east to have odd ball seasons, anything an happen. but i do think the giants and redskins will be fighting for third place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
I was referring to Eagles fans. The "Woe is me's" were deafening.

even though i ama cowboys fan first, the eagles are one of my top five favorite teams in the NFL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2019, 12:00 PM

379 posts, read 175,080 times
Simply put, Dallas just did not falter down the stretch last season. The Eagles lost some games, especially head-to-head to the Cowboys, which cost them. I too think the NFC East winner will be one of those teams. Giants have a shot, maybe, if everything goes their way. But I don't see that. Redskins look like they are creeping back towards being a mess again..

Old 07-25-2019, 03:24 PM

9,532 posts, read 7,218,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
Simply put, Dallas just did not falter down the stretch last season. The Eagles lost some games, especially head-to-head to the Cowboys, which cost them. I too think the NFC East winner will be one of those teams. Giants have a shot, maybe, if everything goes their way. But I don't see that. Redskins look like they are creeping back towards being a mess again..

Creeping back? The hell? They've been a hot mess since Snyder took over. For 6 years before that, they were rebuilding, but JKC had faith in Norv, and while I do think that faith was misplaced in that Norv would never have built the team into a Super Bowl winner.. He would have kept them respectable.. So.. I give a pass on the 1993-1999 years.

Since then.. It's just been one thing after another destroying the fan base. MOST due to ownership.

oh.. For those that don't know.. JKC = Jack Kent Cooke and Norv is Norv Turner.

Old 08-11-2019, 06:17 AM

77 posts, read 9,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I see his SEAHAWKS edging out the EAGLES for Super Bowl Trip.
Pretty bold. Nobody else has made that pick. Every prediction I've seen has Seattle pegged somewhere between 8-8 and 11-5 and 2nd to the Rams in the division.

Maybe you know something about the defense nobody else does...

Sure with Wilson they are always competitive but outside of a couple guys I see a bunch of nobodys on defense and this definitely ain't 2013. Clark is gone too.

Offense has question marks as well.

It is still a bit early though...

Old 08-11-2019, 08:28 AM

4,337 posts, read 1,886,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach911 View Post
Pretty bold. Nobody else has made that pick. Every prediction I've seen has Seattle pegged somewhere between 8-8 and 11-5 and 2nd to the Rams in the division.
My prediction is that Goff's Cinderella story may be coming to an end. I think he has a significantly down graded year compared to his last two seasons. Partly due to that I'm not sure the Rams will be the dominant team they have been the previous two seasons.

Old 08-11-2019, 11:09 AM

11,744 posts, read 11,607,820 times
It is possible when you watched him play last year, it was obviously taking him time to read defenses. If it is still happening this year, teams will pick up on it big time. If a casual observer notices, you know teams have.

Old 08-11-2019, 11:47 AM

4,930 posts, read 4,005,836 times
Now Zach. That was just a way too early prediction just to help us keep each other engaged through the offseason. Now I will get my picks final in a couple weeks

Sadly we are seeing too many injuries already. Now I know it's too early but we don't like to see this many injuries early in a camp. It does not bode well 4 someone to get hurt the first week of camp or the first preseason game and then have some nagging injury to drag through the season. I wish the game to be played without injuries but the nature of football is that people will get hurt and I don't like it but that's the way it is

Old 08-11-2019, 01:22 PM

4,337 posts, read 1,886,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
It is possible when you watched him play last year, it was obviously taking him time to read defenses. If it is still happening this year, teams will pick up on it big time. If a casual observer notices, you know teams have.
Yeah. I think the better coached teams are into his tendencies. He had a pretty bad playoff performance overall not just a terrible super bowl. Not saying he will be bad overall but I do see him coming back down to earth.

Old Today, 08:24 PM

4,930 posts, read 4,005,836 times
So far, Luck`s ankle injury is concerning, Big Ben`s new receivers look good in preseason, and Gordon will not be missed. Zeke will, but he will be back soon, we saw this when Emmitt Smith wanted more $....JJ caved and gave in. The only thing I am sticking to is that MY FINZ are THIN at starters and have NO depth.....the offensive line looks to be the worst in 7 years. The rest.... will be revealed soon enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football