U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:56 AM

23,731 posts, read 33,637,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
So far, Luck`s ankle injury is concerning, Big Ben`s new receivers look good in preseason, and Gordon will not be missed. Zeke will, but he will be back soon, we saw this when Emmitt Smith wanted more $....JJ caved and gave in. The only thing I am sticking to is that MY FINZ are THIN at starters and have NO depth.....the offensive line looks to be the worst in 7 years. The rest.... will be revealed soon enough.
Luck’s injury is concerning but Brisett is a more than capable backup IMO if Luck needs extra time to heal. Still all those years of taking hits due to a bad OLine may have finally compromised his ability to stay healthy.

I think the futility of the Texans O-Line is going to hurt Deshaun Watson a hell of a lot more than people think. I saw him last night hold onto the ball too long and his mobility can only do so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 11:32 AM

9,540 posts, read 7,230,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
Washington has won 2 division titles since 2012.... Jay Gruden hasn't been terrible, but I don't think he has had the team perform as well as it could. Yep, there are a lot of questions. But I think a third place finish is where they will end up. Maybe another 7-9 or 8-8 year.

Haven't won a playoff game since 2005.. Those two division titles? Only time they've made the playoffs since 2012. That last playoff win back in '05 was astounding as well. They gained 120 yards on offense and still managed to win.

Since 1992, the end of the Gibbs (First) era, 27 years ago, they have made the playoffs 5 times and won 2 games.

2 of those times they made the playoffs and one of the wins was in the Gibbs II era.

Take those 4 years out, 23 years, 3 playoff appearances, 1 win.

Take those out and focus just on the Snyder era, from 2000 forward. 15 years, 2 playoff appearances, no wins.

Each time they've won the division there in 2012 and 2015.. It was a massive surprise. 2012 with the emergence of RG3, and they destroyed him to get there. Though the blame on his health has to go at least 50/50 between him and the team.

In '15, Kirk Cousins took them to a 9-7 record, helped to a division title by a weak NFC East that year.

4-12 is where I expect them to land. Competing with Miami for the #1 overall pick in the draft. Which I would HOPE they would trade down and try to get some kind of deal like they gave to St Louis in the RG3 trade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football