Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2019, 09:26 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times

Advertisements

As a New England Patriots fan, I am excited to see Josh given yet another chance. He's a repeat offender over many years & teams. It can disrupt chemistry in the locker room if he's there and then not like last season. I said "it can" because it didn't stop the Patriots.

Goodell is making a bold move in my opinion. Gordon is quite a story. On the one hand he's a BIG TIME multi-offender. He's a repeat offender. On the other hand he is a great receiver. If (a BIG if) drugs were not a part of his life/professional career, I could envision him as a top 5 all-time receiver with what I've seen in his raw talent couple with size and speed.

Number 1 MOST important - Josh's personal life and professional career are at stake. If Josh doesn't survive this round of post suspension, his NFL days might be over. We've been witness to many hard falls of athletes post careers. Many sad stories. Can Josh hold up this time, or if there's another break can he handle it?

The NFL is taking a business/image chance. Goodell has waffled with his treatment of violations that have occurred on and off the field up until now. A lot of fans believe he has blundered multiple times, a repeat offender. Roger wants a feel good story to happen with Josh. Roger's image is most definitely tarnished amongst fans (and who knows how players feel about him). If this ends well, it would be a positive light on Roger. and the NFL.

As proven last year, we won the Super Bowl with & without him due to suspension. That part I'm not concerned about, because Belichick and the Patriots are the kings of adjusting.

As a fan, I only wish him the best of luck for success on and off the field.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2019, 10:01 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,863,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Can Josh hold up this time, or if there's another break can he handle it?
Hard to say not knowing the man personally. Last I heard I thought he stepped away to deal with his mental health.

His 2017 GC interview is pretty eye opening though. Gordon admits using drugs since 7th grade to deal with anxiety & fear. He also admits to getting drunk or high before every NFL game. When you use drugs that young & for that long to cope, I'm not sure how good your prognosis is.

I hope the best for him. Goodell is letting Kareem Hunt & Tyreek Hill play this season, so it's hard to argue against Gordon playing.

Old 08-17-2019, 12:44 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,572,673 times
Unfortunately, Gordon will not be able to escape his demons before his NFL career is over. He won't last the season.

Old 08-18-2019, 10:22 AM

1,982 posts, read 972,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Unfortunately, Gordon will not be able to escape his demons before his NFL career is over. He won't last the season.
I don't think so either. He used to get drunk and high before playing in games. Since when is it all right to show up to work drunk? WTF!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football