U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 12:08 PM

1,019 posts, read 3,018,502 times

Advertisements

An unwilling participant in one of the AFL's most memorable plays, RIP.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...afl-great-dies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocdc70KbT08
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:26 PM

16,534 posts, read 21,020,887 times
The San Diego Chargers in the AFL's earliest years were in 5 out of the first 6 league championship games, winning it in 1963. Lincoln was paired up with Paul Lowe in that backfield. Lowe gained more yards in the seasons but Lincoln was the league's MVP for the fact that he not only ran with power but he was a great blocking back and excelled catching balls out of the backfield. I remember one game in 1966 playing against Denver (I wasthere) that the Chargers were hurting at the wr position with both Gary Garrison and Lance Alworth out with injuries. He played wide receiver for three quarters. He ran back punts, he ran back kickoffs, running one back for 102 yards in his second season.

His best game without a doubt was in the 1963 AFL Championship against the Boston Patriots. He had a combined total of 329 yards rushing and receiving, at that time a pro football record.

One of the great players in franchise history.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; Yesterday at 04:52 PM.. Reason: addition

Old Yesterday, 03:10 PM

1,019 posts, read 3,018,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
The San Diego Chargers in the AFL's earliest years were in 5 out of the first 6 league championship games, winning it in 1963. Lincoln was paired up with Paul Lowe in that backfield. Lowe gained more yards in the seasons but Lincoln was the league's MVP for the fact that he not only ran with power but he was a great blocking back and excelled catching balls out of the backfield. I remember one game in 1966 playing against Denver that the Chargers were hurting at the wr position with both Gary Garrison and Lance Alworth out with injuries. He played wide receiver for three quarters. He ran back punts, he ran back kickoffs, running one back for 102 yards in his second season.

His best game without a doubt was in the 1963 AFL Championship against the Boston Patriots. He had a combined total of 329 yards rushing and receiving, at that time a pro football record.

One of the great players in franchise history.
Couldn't rep you for some reason H but yeah, he was one of the iron men during football times in the 60's. By the time he joined the Bills his best years were behind him though... I'd guess having had 3 broken ribs kind of changes the way you want to approach things.

Haven't been here much lately, hope all is going well for you and yours. Just looked and, it's kind of weird that I joined here before you.

Old Yesterday, 09:46 PM

16,534 posts, read 21,020,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The716 View Post
Couldn't rep you for some reason H but yeah, he was one of the iron men during football times in the 60's. By the time he joined the Bills his best years were behind him though... I'd guess having had 3 broken ribs kind of changes the way you want to approach things.

Haven't been here much lately, hope all is going well for you and yours. Just looked and, it's kind of weird that I joined here before you.

Whazzup? Good to see ya back--I saw the name change a bit ago! Will dm you early tomorrow morning and add to this thread!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or