Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2021, 11:27 AM

4,872 posts, read 4,984,538 times

Advertisements

Suspicious in the timing. Every one of them could be telling the truth, as well. Either way, Watson loses. The only real winner, if a monetary award is given, is the lawyer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2021, 11:49 AM

6,327 posts, read 3,574,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
Suspicious in the timing. Every one of them could be telling the truth, as well. Either way, Watson loses. The only real winner, if a monetary award is given, is the lawyer.

In terms of the timing it sort of makes sense if we think about it this way:

Watson has been very public the last couple of months about wanting out of Houston. If many of these women are from Houston or the Texas area one may have thought he was getting close to skipping town so to speak. The women started to get the feeling that they needed to present their lawsuit before he leaves town. And again, if there is any truth to all the allegations, no wonder Watson wants out of Houston and the state of Texas! It's possible none of his reasoning on why he wants to leave has anything to do with football and the Texans organization and everything to do with needing a re-start in his personal life.

Also, when is a good time to bring up a lawsuit?? I feel like it could always be twisted into the "wrong time". Free agency, draft, raining camp, traded to a new team, start of the season, mid-season, playoffs etc.. Football is truly a year round sport.

Old 03-20-2021, 04:09 PM

1,954 posts, read 916,448 times
Quote:
The same happened to Tiger Woods years ago. All those women came out against him. I doubt they are all lying.

Old 03-21-2021, 12:08 AM

4,872 posts, read 4,984,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
In terms of the timing it sort of makes sense if we think about it this way:

Watson has been very public the last couple of months about wanting out of Houston. If many of these women are from Houston or the Texas area one may have thought he was getting close to skipping town so to speak. The women started to get the feeling that they needed to present their lawsuit before he leaves town. And again, if there is any truth to all the allegations, no wonder Watson wants out of Houston and the state of Texas! It's possible none of his reasoning on why he wants to leave has anything to do with football and the Texans organization and everything to do with needing a re-start in his personal life.

Also, when is a good time to bring up a lawsuit?? I feel like it could always be twisted into the "wrong time". Free agency, draft, raining camp, traded to a new team, start of the season, mid-season, playoffs etc.. Football is truly a year round sport.
Or charges, maybe? As soon as it happened.

Old 03-21-2021, 11:30 AM

6,327 posts, read 3,574,153 times
Quote:
Or charges, maybe? As soon as it happened.
So that is the only right time?

Old 03-21-2021, 06:08 PM

4,430 posts, read 2,668,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
The same happened to Tiger Woods years ago. All those women came out against him. I doubt they are all lying.
Twenty-two lying women?

Or one serial sex offender?

Occam's Razor says the latter is (far) more likely.

A serial abuser always looks clean... until he doesn't. Since he was a kid, Watson has been a celebrity. He's been put on a pedestal and managed. Out of high school he was ESPN's #1 recruit at QB for that year. In won a national title at Clemson. He was drafted in the first round. He's always been surrounded by numerous individuals with a vested interest in making problems 'go away'. It's probably ingrained in his mind that he can do whatever he wants.

Oh, and as for the accusers? A lot of people are extremely reluctant to be on the receiving end of both a very powerful, very rich person who can hire a platoon of attorneys to throw they kitchen sink at them, as well as his legions of fans who by default will find excuses to assume they're lying.

Is he guilty? Maybe not. But it's hardly difficult to believe that he is.

Old 03-22-2021, 10:18 AM

17,398 posts, read 14,945,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
Twenty-two lying women?

Or one serial sex offender?

Occam's Razor says the latter is (far) more likely.

A serial abuser always looks clean... until he doesn't. Since he was a kid, Watson has been a celebrity. He's been put on a pedestal and managed. Out of high school he was ESPN's #1 recruit at QB for that year. In won a national title at Clemson. He was drafted in the first round. He's always been surrounded by numerous individuals with a vested interest in making problems 'go away'. It's probably ingrained in his mind that he can do whatever he wants.

Oh, and as for the accusers? A lot of people are extremely reluctant to be on the receiving end of both a very powerful, very rich person who can hire a platoon of attorneys to throw they kitchen sink at them, as well as his legions of fans who by default will find excuses to assume they're lying.

Is he guilty? Maybe not. But it's hardly difficult to believe that he is.

Right now, we have no evidence, only accusations.

Inside the accusations. There's odd things from both sides.. First, all however many it is right now are all using the same attorney. And from what I understand, the attorney is Saul Goodman-ish.

A quote from an anonymous NFL exec is probably the best one..

Quote:
“[w]hat Deshaun Watson has been accused of obviously doesn’t match up at all with what we’ve heard and know about him as a really great person, but you can’t ignore these serious allegations.

For me, that kinda sums it up. This seems strange. But, you can't ignore it. I'm at a wait and see before making a decision on it.

Old 03-23-2021, 07:57 AM

14,287 posts, read 14,527,838 times
that kinda sums it up. This seems strange. But, you can't ignore it. I'm at a wait and see before making a decision on it.

This is how I feel. I get it, and the old "where there's smoke, there's fire" routine. However, it seems odd to me on many levels for some reason.

Old 03-23-2021, 11:00 AM

17,398 posts, read 14,945,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
that kinda sums it up. This seems strange. But, you can't ignore it. I'm at a wait and see before making a decision on it.

This is how I feel. I get it, and the old "where there's smoke, there's fire" routine. However, it seems odd to me on many levels for some reason.

False accusations do happen, no question. Then there are truthful accusations that cannot be substantiated.

The only thing that is certain.. The court of public opinion, while a powerful court.. Has a far, far lower accuracy rate than a court of law.

Automatically believing either side is a bad thing to do. My feelings are that I probably lean more towards Watson based on what we know right now.. But I'm fully willing and able to swing that opinion around as more evidence comes out.

My biggest concern here is that there will be no real resolution to this. The only evidence that could possibly come out is if someone subpeonaed the lawyer and found coordinated emails lining all this up or something. This is likely going to boil down to a he said/she said and the court of public opinion will be the only court that makes a decision on this.

Old 03-23-2021, 12:45 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,246,678 times
Some people have said they think the Texans are behind this to try and limit his trade potential or so and basically force him to stay with the team. I don't know what to believe, however I HIGHLY doubt the Texans are behind this. BUT, let's just say they are...the NFL would never recover from such a behind the scenes conspiracy with one of their franchises.

But again, I don't think the Texans have anything to do with this situation. Just saying!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football