Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 09:06 PM

715 posts, read 1,669,301 times

Advertisements

Matt Jones, Jags receiver....caught messing with cocaine.

This league is unbelievable. Can we at least go 1 freaking week without an arrest?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 06:59 AM

439 posts, read 1,231,880 times
Well you give young guys millions of dollars and the rest of the lifestyle that goes with being a NFL player and they are going to have to fight hard to stay on the right path. I couldnt imagine making 5 million a year at my age (23). Some guys are grounded enough to do well other arent.

Old 07-11-2008, 06:44 PM

910 posts, read 2,982,841 times
well you have to admit, that was the first arrest in about 3 weeks... but also there are more players in the NFL than any team in the league... i mean you dont find 55 guys on the sidelines in the basketball court, or 55 guys in the baseball dugout on. theres an average of 55 on each NFL team i believe, compared to maybe 14 for NBA and 18 for MLB... so thats partly why we have more arrests... but if you took the guys that actually play atleast 15 games a season, who are you going to find other than Pacman Jones and Micheal Vick?? not that many right?? i know if NBA teams had 55 players on a team, they would have tripple the amount of problems that the NFL has.

Old 07-12-2008, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision-Quest View Post
well you have to admit, that was the first arrest in about 3 weeks... but also there are more players in the NFL than any team in the league... i mean you dont find 55 guys on the sidelines in the basketball court, or 55 guys in the baseball dugout on. theres an average of 55 on each NFL team i believe, compared to maybe 14 for NBA and 18 for MLB... so thats partly why we have more arrests... but if you took the guys that actually play atleast 15 games a season, who are you going to find other than Pacman Jones and Micheal Vick?? not that many right?? i know if NBA teams had 55 players on a team, they would have tripple the amount of problems that the NFL has.

wow. you're reaching. i have about 55 people working in my office and NONE of us have been arrested, ever! And you're boasting about going 3 weeks? Why do we hold these morons to such a low standard?

Old 07-12-2008, 01:38 PM

Here's another role model for your kids....

A source close to free-agent running back Travis Henry has confirmed he has tested positive for marijuana again and is subject to a one-year suspension by the NFL.

Travis Henry has fathered at least nine children among nine women. ESPN's Chris Mortenson also reported this during an episode of 'Sunday NFL Countdown' on October 7, 2007. Other reports state that he has had to borrow money from the Titans after falling behind in his child-support payments.

Old 07-12-2008, 08:33 PM

910 posts, read 2,982,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
wow. you're reaching. i have about 55 people working in my office and NONE of us have been arrested, ever! And you're boasting about going 3 weeks? Why do we hold these morons to such a low standard?

im sure the people in your office are on the mary jane as well. they've experienced it for so long that they know how to not get caught by the police, they know all the steps into running away because they've been arrested in the past for havin $1,000 in cash in their pocket while smokin pot in their own, damn, home!! BURN!

Old 07-14-2008, 01:27 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,886,339 times
Ok, some players get stupid and get arrested and now we should stop liking the NFL for that..... Ok. I'll stop watching the NFL. I'm no longer an NFL fan.....

And while I'm at it, I'll stop liking the NBA because of fixed games, and I'll hate Major Leauge Baseball for its steroid scandals, and I'll stop getting into the NHL because of it's lack of minorities.....

Ok. I'll do that...... when soccer fans stop rioting and fighting in the stadium. Hmmm, funny. No one ever seems to mention that on these anti-NFL posts...... I wonder why?

BTW, I was being sarcastic.

Old 07-14-2008, 03:00 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,159,530 times
Really guys? I hate to break it to you but it's everywhere.....it's in our schools, businesses, govronment ETC.....as I stated previously....it's not just sports. Should we stop sending our children to school because of it? Well, some people have......but no matter how hard you try to elimiate it.....it's part of the times right now....maybe, hopefully, it will change in the generations to come but right now, sadly it is part of the current trend or times or whatever you want to call it.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Ok. I'll stop watching the NFL.

Ok. I'll do that...... when soccer fans stop rioting and fighting in the stadium. Hmmm, funny. No one ever seems to mention that on these anti-NFL posts...... I wonder why?

That argument makes no sense. NFL players are placed on a pedestal and praised as if they were nobility. Nobody is praising soccer FANS. We're talking about players, not fans.

Old 07-18-2008, 04:55 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,886,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
That argument makes no sense. NFL players are placed on a pedestal and praised as if they were nobility. Nobody is praising soccer FANS. We're talking about players, not fans.
The point I was making was that EVERY sport has it's faults. People praise NBA players and MLB players and they make mistakes, but there's no "Why I hate the NBA or MLB" thread.

And fans are just as much appart of the game as the players. You think it looks good for soccer when you have people burning stadiums in Europe just because they're "passionate" ?

BTW, it's wrong to praise ANY athlete. They're just people, like you or me. They can do stupid things just as much as someone with no athletic skills what so ever. It doesn't mean its right, but it's just the truth. It doesn't mean you should just be completely turned off by the NFL just becasue you love to point out what the bad that happens instead of what the NFL truly represents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football