U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-14-2009, 03:55 PM

3,097 posts, read 2,959,999 times

Advertisements

I'd take a Super Bowl win one year, and then a bad year the next any time. While I am shocked at the Steelers fall from grace, it does make me happy that my Bengals can capitalize on it. Not that it will mean that much anyway, since they will be one and done in the playoffs, but I'll take what I can get.

BTW, as a non-Steeler fan, I have to say that Tomlin did inherit a very good team that just suffered a Super Bowl hangover the year before he took over. The Super Bowl team wasn't 100% his blueprint. This year has more of his blueprint than last year, and they are struggling. Way to early to can him, but it still remains to be seen if he is a great coach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 06:21 PM

8,126 posts, read 8,360,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
I'd take a Super Bowl win one year, and then a bad year the next any time. While I am shocked at the Steelers fall from grace, it does make me happy that my Bengals can capitalize on it. Not that it will mean that much anyway, since they will be one and done in the playoffs, but I'll take what I can get.

BTW, as a non-Steeler fan, I have to say that Tomlin did inherit a very good team that just suffered a Super Bowl hangover the year before he took over. The Super Bowl team wasn't 100% his blueprint. This year has more of his blueprint than last year, and they are struggling. Way to early to can him, but it still remains to be seen if he is a great coach.
Good criticism.I always like when someone can make a comment without being idiotic,thank you.Don't count out the Bengals because there are alot of possibilities.When we won in 2004 we were not supposed to go anywhere and we went all the way.Even though you are a division rival I wouldn't mind if they won it all if we can't.They are definitely overdue.As far as the AFC goes there are way too many maybes.In the East NE is banged up and they haven't been dominating.Miami,you never know which team will show.San Diego looks pretty solid in the West.Denver is playing above expectation but I think they will return to earth soon with their bad QB.Indy is undefeated but i'm not sold on them and they have won ALOT of close games.Jac,I believe will disappear from the picture this week. Baltimore is also a team that you never know who wil show and I see them falling out too.So Cincy could be the team but i'm thinking San Diego. In the NFC I see New Orleans.I also think Minnesota is a fluke team and will quickly disappear.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:24 PM

As far as Tomlin goes,I like him but not thrilled with his style.I think Cowher was hoping he'd go, so he could come back.That's why he hasn't taken any other offers.The only problem is that the Steeler organization is very loyal and I don't see them canning Tomlin,especially this soon. Another bad season next year would be a different story though.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:11 PM

13,186 posts, read 12,273,762 times
Quote:

Solid commentary by roc5156

I remember the criticism on Bill Cowher building several years ago. He had lost several AFC Championship games in the mid 90's and going forward, the greater majority of them at Three Rivers Stadium. To the Steelers credit, they didn't have a housecleaning. In fact, Texas Girl made a good point on the head coaching situation once Chuck Noll got involved in 1969. Only three head coaches since 1969; Noll, Cowher, and Tomlin. No other NFL club can make that claim. Something else no other NFL club can claim-6 Super Bowls.

You have to give credit to the Rooneys.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post

I remember the criticism on Bill Cowher building several years ago. He had lost several AFC Championship games in the mid 90's and going forward, the greater majority of them at Three Rivers Stadium. To the Steelers credit, they didn't have a housecleaning. In fact, Texas Girl made a good point on the head coaching situation once Chuck Noll got involved in 1969. Only three head coaches since 1969; Noll, Cowher, and Tomlin. No other NFL club can make that claim. Something else no other NFL club can claim-6 Super Bowls.

+1. Very loyal owners!

Old 12-15-2009, 01:05 AM

8,327 posts, read 10,394,297 times
The steelers are in position #10 in the afc. They have a 97% chance of not making the playoffs. AFC Playoff Picture
AFC Playoff Picture

Old 12-15-2009, 01:15 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,042 posts, read 7,882,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post

I think the Rooneys run a tight ship and are a class act. However, I did disagree with their choice for head coach. I think Whizenhunt should have been offered the position over Tomlin.
Quote:

Thank you for the constructive criticism re: our team. I think the Bengals are going to go further in the playoffs than anyone thinks. I would like to see them or the Colts win it. Bengals because they are in our division. Colts because they are my 2nd favorite team (only because of Dungy!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Good criticism.I always like when someone can make a comment without being idiotic,thank you.Don't count out the Bengals because there are alot of possibilities.When we won in 2004 we were not supposed to go anywhere and we went all the way.Even though you are a division rival I wouldn't mind if they won it all if we can't.They are definitely overdue.As far as the AFC goes there are way too many maybes.In the East NE is banged up and they haven't been dominating.Miami,you never know which team will show.San Diego looks pretty solid in the West.Denver is playing above expectation but I think they will return to earth soon with their bad QB.Indy is undefeated but i'm not sold on them and they have won ALOT of close games.Jac,I believe will disappear from the picture this week. Baltimore is also a team that you never know who wil show and I see them falling out too.So Cincy could be the team but i'm thinking San Diego. In the NFC I see New Orleans.I also think Minnesota is a fluke team and will quickly disappear.
I agree with you on the Saints. I think they are the team from the NFC which will be SB bound. As far as the AFC---I am going to put my money on the Colts.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:37 AM

12,673 posts, read 13,434,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I am obviously NOT a Dallas fan,but do you really think you'll make it out of the NFC with Minnesota and New Orleans? Don't poke fun at my team when your fans will just be getting that tease by getting into the playoffs with the early exit.
I am a 49ers fan.

Old 12-15-2009, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
I am a 49ers fan.
Then no offense but who are you to talk? Criticism is one thing but taking jabs is another.We are fully aware of our status and what are shortcomings are but a bad season with obvious issues makes it easy to correct.Maybe we can finally draft someone for special teams that can prevent the run back or at least tackle.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:56 AM

8,327 posts, read 10,394,297 times
The bengals got spanked by the vikings last sun. They did not look impressive & palmer looked sloppy. I bet they lose in the first round in the playoffs unless they play the ravens in cinn. I believe the afc north champs have a 1 week bye & then play the wildcard winner. Correct me if im wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football