Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2010, 06:35 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixscorpiogirl View Post
No, I think he needs to get his sh** together.
Hes done so much for the team, but I don't like how this whole situation is having such negative impact on the team and tearing fans apart.
I'm actually tired of defending my position so Im not going to say anymore- people know how I feel already.
I just hope hes humbled by this whole experience and can come back a better man for it.
And it's ok TG I dont feel like your picking on me ..
Good, because I don't want you to feel I'm picking on you! I don't like how this mess is dividing fans either. I also pray that he can "right" himself in the eyes of the fans and the Rooney's. He has a lot of work ahead of him and it isn't work that can be done on the field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Sorry but I think I speak for most Steeler fans because whether he did it or not, we are very disappointed that a guy who has been given the opportunity of a lifetime with a ton of money can't go and lead a rich mans life, but instead acts like a spoiled child. How many people get millions annually? The guy is set for life. Let him just go and date a bunch of models like the rest of the playboys and speed around in his lamborghinis instead of hanging out in the bars with underage girls.
Exactly!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Trust me, Ben already got the warning that this is it. Next step is waterboarding for him and beating him with wet noodles. Any little thing and they'll find a way to void the rest of his contract.
There will not be a 3rd chance...he messes up again, you can bet the Rooney's will send him down the river.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Yeah it is kind of sad that Ben is still trying to seduce drunk underagers while Tom Brady is with Giselle Bundchen.

The Steelers have always been one of the 2 class orgs in the NFL in my opinion,along with the Cowboys,even though I "hate" them in a football fan sense.The Cowboys ownership has slipped some since the Murchison days though.I hope the Steelers stay a class act.
Ben was dating a pro tennis player ....don't know what ever happened between them. He does need to find someone steady to date and stay the heck out of bars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 09:26 AM

666 posts, read 1,844,026 times
Good article re: Charlie Batch:

On the Steelers: Batch patiently waiting his turn

If an MVP could be given for character, Charlie deserves it. Just read his quotes in the article. He has checked his ego at the door. He speaks very intelligently and like he truly realizes the privilege it is to just be part of the team.

This is one case where the quote "We don't need no stinkin' Batches" does not apply. We need more.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:34 PM

Batch is a good guy. I still think he will start, not Leftwich.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:54 PM

3,131 posts, read 9,374,809 times
We didn't acquire Leftwich because we needed another backup. We need to win games while Ben is out. Batch is a good guy but not the best option.

Old 05-21-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterRabbit View Post
We didn't acquire Leftwich because we needed another backup. We need to win games while Ben is out. Batch is a good guy but not the best option.
I totally agree with you that Leftwich is the best option. I'm thrilled we got him back. But I honestly think they will start Batch out of loyalty. We'll see who's right!!

Old 05-21-2010, 02:42 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,142,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I totally agree with you that Leftwich is the best option. I'm thrilled we got him back. But I honestly think they will start Batch out of loyalty. We'll see who's right!!
Word is that Leftwich is far in the lead but Batch has been around for all these years based on being a good guy and not so much for his ability. Face it, he can't stay healthy but he is a great role model for younger players and can be a great coach for QB's.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:17 PM

666 posts, read 1,844,026 times
There was an article just posted in the Post-Gazette (PG+, the pay site) from Ed Bouchette that people in the Steelers organization are aluding to the fact that they will not carry 4 QBs. So that means one gets cut after game 4 when Ben is back. Unfortunately, all signs point to that being Charlie. Ed suggested that if that were to happen that the Steelers bring him on as a QB coaching intern just to keep him in Pittsburgh in case something happens.

We'll just have to wait and see. I just hope he sticks around one way or another.

Old 05-22-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoastee View Post
There was an article just posted in the Post-Gazette (PG+, the pay site) from Ed Bouchette that people in the Steelers organization are aluding to the fact that they will not carry 4 QBs. So that means one gets cut after game 4 when Ben is back. Unfortunately, all signs point to that being Charlie. Ed suggested that if that were to happen that the Steelers bring him on as a QB coaching intern just to keep him in Pittsburgh in case something happens.

We'll just have to wait and see. I just hope he sticks around one way or another.
Charlie would probably be the odd man out and just remember that I said it first, about him as a QB coach in quite a few threads, quite a while back. Don't be surprised if they use him or Dixon late in the first few games especially if we have a good lead. Batch is extremely injury prone and I wouldn't be surprised if he went down if we played him. Then he could be placed on IR and not be cut.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:59 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,023,427 times
Batch is too much injury prone. If he starts for pitts i bet the opposing team go after him big time. Ben will be out for 6 games. Lets hope the steelers dont go 0-6 before ben starts on sun night football in new orleans on halloween. He should not of been suspended.

Old 06-12-2010, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
Batch is too much injury prone. If he starts for pitts i bet the opposing team go after him big time. Ben will be out for 6 games. Lets hope the steelers dont go 0-6 before ben starts on sun night football in new orleans on halloween. He should not of been suspended.
They should have made him do a huge amount of community service and a big fine. He'll wind up only being out 4 games when the comish knocks it down soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football