Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2010, 06:58 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,138,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Oh man..you got it! If the Steelers win the Supe they overcame every odd. If they lose it you can blame the refs... What a LAME POST....wow. Every week in every game I see the refs missing calls. All over the place...geez. The conspiracy theory is being told on every forum from every team that lost this week. In fact it seems even teams that win use it. The refs leave ALOT to be desired no doubt but posts like this are just nutty.
When I see a game that is called well I won't complain. Tell me one other team in the league that has been scrutinized as much as the Steelers... I'm waiting. You can show your hate for the Steelers all you want, we know that's the only reason you're posting here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2010, 03:25 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,015,751 times
The ravens luckily won last mon night. They are on the heels of the steelers & the 5th seed. Pitts is the 2nd seed in the afc & the pats are the 1st.

The jets are coming off a 2 game losing streak & they play in pitts this sunday. Some say they are going to be hungry for a win.

I sure hope the steelers contain sanchez & ex steeler santonio holmes early & win.

Pitts (10-3) controls their own destiny for the afc north division & a top spot in the playoffs with only 3 games left.

Lets hope for the best & have no injuries & few penalities.

Old 12-16-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleBoy98121 View Post
Those darn Patriots sure look hard to beat right now. As much as I would love to see the Steelers in the Super Bowl I don't see the Steelers being able to get past the Patriots this year. Especially with the Patriots having home field advantage. A Steelers vs. Eagles Super Bowl sure would have been great. Oh well.
A steelers vs eagles sb would be cool. Some would like a chargers-forty niners or giants-jets or cowboys-texans or dolphins-bucs.

I hate the pats, ravens, cowboys & raiders.

Old 12-16-2010, 04:54 PM

1,302 posts, read 4,572,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleBoy98121 View Post
Those darn Patriots sure look hard to beat right now. As much as I would love to see the Steelers in the Super Bowl I don't see the Steelers being able to get past the Patriots this year. Especially with the Patriots having home field advantage. A Steelers vs. Eagles Super Bowl sure would have been great. Oh well.

This year reminds me of a few years back when everyone was saying the same things about the Colts and how they were just clearly better than the rest of the league. They played the Steelers during that regular season streak and handled them really easily, but then in the playoffs the Steelers went into the RCA dome and bounced the Colts out of the post season on their way to a Super Bowl Championship. Dick LeBeau is great at making adjustments after playing a team in the regular season. I think he has learned from his mistakes in the first match-up and will take it to the Pats if there is a rematch in the Playoffs. I also think that the Ravens could beat them also, especially since they had them in their match-up earlier this season before they allowed the Pats to make a big comeback. As I see it we owe the Pats a loss in the AFC Championship because if it wasn't for them we may have 8 or 9 Superbowl wins by now.

Old 12-16-2010, 05:01 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,612,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
This year reminds me of a few years back when everyone was saying the same things about the Colts and how they were just clearly better than the rest of the league. They played the Steelers during that regular season streak and handled them really easily, but then in the playoffs the Steelers went into the RCA dome and bounced the Colts out of the post season on their way to a Super Bowl Championship. Dick LeBeau is great at making adjustments after playing a team in the regular season. I think he has learned from his mistakes in the first match-up and will take it to the Pats if there is a rematch in the Playoffs. I also think that the Ravens could beat them also, especially since they had them in their match-up earlier this season before they allowed the Pats to make a big comeback. As I see it we owe the Pats a loss in the AFC Championship because if it wasn't for them we may have 8 or 9 Superbowl wins by now.

It sounds good in theory.....

Old 12-17-2010, 01:29 AM

2,654 posts, read 5,463,677 times
Looks like Troy and Heath may not play in the Jets game....

Old 12-17-2010, 01:48 AM

2,654 posts, read 5,463,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
The ravens luckily won last mon night. They are on the heels of the steelers & the 5th seed. Pitts is the 2nd seed in the afc & the pats are the 1st.

The jets are coming off a 2 game losing streak & they play in pitts this sunday. Some say they are going to be hungry for a win.

I sure hope the steelers contain sanchez & ex steeler santonio holmes early & win.

Pitts (10-3) controls their own destiny for the afc north division & a top spot in the playoffs with only 3 games left.

Lets hope for the best & have no injuries & few penalities.
Tha ravens have the saints this week and I don't think they will win that game. Once they lose that's pretty much it for the AFC north title race. Even if the Stillers drop one to the Jets, next up are Carolina and Cleveland both of which should be easy wins. With a ratbird loss to the saints, all the steelers have to do is win one of those three to secure the division. A second win guarantees a first round bye.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
Thats not good news. We really need troy & heath in the game & healthy.

Can the steelers adjust ok without them ?

Old 12-17-2010, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Tha ravens have the saints this week and I don't think they will win that game. Once they lose that's pretty much it for the AFC north title race. Even if the Stillers drop one to the Jets, next up are Carolina and Cleveland both of which should be easy wins. With a ratbird loss to the saints, all the steelers have to do is win one of those three to secure the division. A second win guarantees a first round bye.
The browns are not a weak team. Lets not forget they spanked the saints & pats who spanked the steelers.

The browns would love to beat the steelers & possibly knock them out of the afc north division title.

The ravens could beat the saints & if pitts loses to the jets they both will be tied in the division at 10-4.

I want the steelers to win the division & be the 2nd seed. That will give them a bye week.

Im quite sure the pats will be the first seed (unfortunately).

Bottom line....if the steelers beat the jets & the ravens lose to the saints then the afc north division champs will be pittsburgh.

If both teams end the season with identical records then the tie breaker goes to the steelers.

Last edited by steel7; 12-17-2010 at 07:08 AM..

Old 12-17-2010, 09:52 AM

2,179 posts, read 3,402,803 times
Quote:
Yeah, bad news. Just hope they're ok for the playoffs. I just don't see the Steelers going far without Troy. Losing him is like losing TWO db's.

Steelers' Polamalu not likely to play vs. Jets
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football