Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2011, 04:36 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,142,695 times

Advertisements

Why would the Packers fan make fun of the Steelers? I'm a Steelers fan and have nothing bad to say about them either. It's not like they are talking trash or getting personal the way the Jets did with the Pats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 07:12 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,781,251 times
I haven't heard word one from a Packer or Steeler fan being negative about the other - I think they are pretty evenly matched.

That said, I LOVE, LOVE the In Acchord song, I play it when I need some "bucking up"

Old 01-30-2011, 09:53 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,465,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I haven't heard word one from a Packer or Steeler fan being negative about the other - I think they are pretty evenly matched.

That said, I LOVE, LOVE the In Acchord song, I play it when I need some "bucking up"
I very much agree with that. I've had alot of light hearted banter with the packer fans I know, but we usually end the conversations with a "Good Luck" and mutual wish to both enjoy the game, whoever wins.

I am all in for Black and Gold, but there can be only one Super Bowl Champion. If it isn't the Steelers, Packers would be one of my next top choices. I like the franchise & Aaron Rodgers.

I just won't like him much for 3-4 hours next sunday

Old 01-31-2011, 12:23 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,743,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Why would the Packers fan make fun of the Steelers? I'm a Steelers fan and have nothing bad to say about them either. It's not like they are talking trash or getting personal the way the Jets did with the Pats.
Most of the ****-talking is coming from people who just don't like the Steelers. **** 'em all.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:08 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times
Here is a great story that was printed in the local newspaper here in the 'Burgh! Great story about 2 great teams! I can't wait for this game!

Super Bowl Xtra: A tale of two cities

Old 01-31-2011, 08:12 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,816,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
I think the steelers will do just fine without pouncey.
Im just glad the sb is 2 weeks away from the afc/nfc championship games then 1 week like it has been in the past in different yrs. It give legursky 2 weeks to practice instead of 1.

I ran into a packers fan yesterday in the supermarket & he was nice & didnt bad mouth the steelers like a browns fan did. I dont bad mouth any team even if i dont like them (ravens, cowboys, pats, raiders, etc). Its just a game & life goes on win or lose.

1 Week to go till SB 45.

Best of luck to the steelers. I wish i could record the sb like i did with the seahawks & cardinals but my rca dtv converter box wont record with my old tv. Ill need a new tv or one thats a few yrs old with a digital tuner built in.
As a life long Browns fan, I have always had a great deal of respect for the Steelers. Sure they are our arch-rival and I want the Browns to beat (kill) them when they play against each other.

But I like the way the Steelers play "old-school, in-your-face, smash-mouth" football. And even though I'm not crazy about Big Ben's off the field behavior last year, at least he is trying to humble himself now, and seems repentant. Plus that guy is one tough son of a gun. He deserves more respect as it comes to his QB accomplishments. If he get's his third ring Sunday, he will be one of only two active QB's with three rings (Brady).

Best of luck to the Steelers.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:30 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,902,608 times
Default Welcome To Fort Worth....

TCU's practice facilities

Old 01-31-2011, 02:35 PM

Thanks for sharing the pics JJG! I LOVE Ft. Worth!

Old 01-31-2011, 06:20 PM

Video of the Steelers landing in Dallas! Check out Mountain Man! Also Ward's Texas-sized belt buckle!

Super Bowl XLV - Multimedia

Old 01-31-2011, 06:45 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Just saw Hines Ward respond to being underdogs and he started in just a little bit like "Poor disrespected Pittsburgh Steelers".

Give me a break. You're like 2-2.5 point dogs. Someone's got to be the dog. Not like the game can't go either way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football