Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2018, 04:28 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,020,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Shaking my head at some of the Steeler play calling....
I guess its easy to 2nd guess play calling but man, 4th and short.. QB sneak... ok, you didn't run the first time, surely you will run it the 2nd time, nope.. dumb... shaking my head... Still, where was that vaunted Steeler defense... must of took the day off knowing they were playing the much beleaguered Blake Bortles... of course all those NFL defensive players ragging on Blake will be watching him play next week... man that's karma for ya!
Agreed that some of the play calling was questionable. But bottom line, they got outplayed. You don't make the wrong call on 4th and short multiple times if you don't come up 4th and short multiple times in the first place.

It turned out to be a much better season that it was looking like when Ben was talking about retirement a few weeks in. But not quite good enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2018, 05:05 PM

14,284 posts, read 14,514,220 times
I couldn't believe some of the play calls, I thought this is the playoffs, right? Jaguars came to play, Steelers fought back not quite enough.

Old 01-14-2018, 09:22 PM

4,455 posts, read 3,358,158 times
Steelers got embarrassed again by Jacksonville

Old 01-14-2018, 11:54 PM
Status: ""...I wrote it down, now I follow thru..."" (set 11 days ago)

5,749 posts, read 5,506,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Y'all are gonna find out soon enough.
Lol excellent answer!

Old 01-15-2018, 12:45 AM

2,286 posts, read 1,991,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Just curious as a Patriots fan. Lots of rumbling in the media in these parts that the Steelers where looking past the Jaguars to playing the Patriots again. I honestly don't believe that, especially from a team as good as the Steelers. Do you think there is any validity to it?

I am totally surprised that the Jags beat the Steelers who put up 552 yards of offense, although 2 turnovers which are always costly. But the D giving up 164 on the ground and allowing 45 points to be put up at home. What was it about Jacksonville this year that was so hard on the Steelers?
Jags have an excellent defense (though not today), mostly turnovers, and defenders who don't just recover fumbles or catch INTs, but take it to the house. Plus lots of sacks to get the other QB off his game. They also have a very good RB. The big question mark is Bortles. Will he be pretty good like today, or will he throw 3 INTs like he sometimes does? Bortles does sneak in a few nice runs per game it seems.

Old 01-15-2018, 03:13 AM

14,169 posts, read 22,579,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Just curious as a Patriots fan. Lots of rumbling in the media in these parts that the Steelers where looking past the Jaguars to playing the Patriots again. I honestly don't believe that, especially from a team as good as the Steelers. Do you think there is any validity to it?

I am totally surprised that the Jags beat the Steelers who put up 552 yards of offense, although 2 turnovers which are always costly. But the D giving up 164 on the ground and allowing 45 points to be put up at home. What was it about Jacksonville this year that was so hard on the Steelers?
The Jaguars have the best secondary in the NFL, and overall a very opportunistic defense. Against them, you cannot simply "take what the defense gives you," because they give you nothing. Of all QBs this weekend, Ben Roethlisberger had the tightest windows to throw into. Virtually every pass was contested, and many of the incomplete passes were tipped. Even the INT was about Myles Jack making an amazing, acrobatic play. Roethlisberger delivered that ball quickly and accurately, but Jack laid out for the ball and stole it at the last millisecond, having to tip it to himself in the process. The Jaguars have a very difficult defense to throw against.

As for looking past the Jaguars, it appears that Le'Veon Bell and Mike Mitchell were, but I don't think Roethlisberger was, and I don't think that the offensive or defensive lines were either. I am beginning to get tired of all the peacocking by the RBs, WRs, LBs and DBs.

Old 01-15-2018, 03:50 PM

2,828 posts, read 815,649 times
Play calling sucked and I think OC Todd Haley is done/gone.

Old 01-15-2018, 04:09 PM

272 posts, read 182,442 times
Defense is way to inconsistent. I thought the Steeler's would win..

Old 01-15-2018, 04:40 PM

15,108 posts, read 27,550,358 times
I really, really was hoping we'd win - but.... sad to say,the better team won, I was very disappointed in the play - from all I've heard and read - popular opinion seems to be get rid of Haley. (I've also decided I'm going to root for Minn.)

Old 01-17-2018, 12:14 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,220,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
Jags have an excellent defense (though not today), mostly turnovers, and defenders who don't just recover fumbles or catch INTs, but take it to the house. Plus lots of sacks to get the other QB off his game. They also have a very good RB. The big question mark is Bortles. Will he be pretty good like today, or will he throw 3 INTs like he sometimes does? Bortles does sneak in a few nice runs per game it seems.

Jags gave Ben lots of time.....they can't do that with Brady. Brady is a better QB than Ben.....if the Jags can't get to Brady with 4 than they are in trouble. They can't give Brady that much time, he will find the open receiver all the time.

Belichick will take away the run from the Jaguars and make Bortles beat them with his arm.......Patriots defense is a different animal than the Steelers....I hope its a good game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football