Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2009, 09:05 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Here's more questionable conduct care of the Steelers (and the Pennsylvania State Police)

Steelers, state police criticized for gun party | ProFootballTalk.com
Would you like me to start posting on the Bengals and all their arrests and questionable conduct? (Oh, I forgot--the Bengals don't even have a thread here!!!) Because believe me...the BUNGALS would win this war hands down! Even your own Mayor told the coach to "get his players in line or else he would!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 12:07 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Would you like me to start posting on the Bengals and all their arrests and questionable conduct? (Oh, I forgot--the Bengals don't even have a thread here!!!) Because believe me...the BUNGALS would win this war hands down! Even your own Mayor told the coach to "get his players in line or else he would!"
Oh, everyone knows about the Bengals issues with the law. The issue here is twofold: 1) The Steelers aren't the "model", clean franchise you and your fellow yinzers claim it to be. Never was either. You can go back to the 70's and you'll find all the steroid and drug abuse that ocurred.

2) It's good to see that the Cincinnati and surrounding area's police forces aren't coddling to these spoiled athletes, and have no issues with citing them with their transgressions just like they would do with any "normal" citizen. However, it appears in Pittsburgh the police love to shoot some illegal guns with the Steelers. Wonder if they would ever charge them with DWI or anything like that? Probably not. In fact, I know 3 Pittsburgh policemen personally and while they have never pulled a Steeler over, they know PLENTY of times where a Steeler was pulled over and NOT cited.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Oh, everyone knows about the Bengals issues with the law. The issue here is twofold: 1) The Steelers aren't the "model", clean franchise you and your fellow yinzers claim it to be. Never was either. You can go back to the 70's and you'll find all the steroid and drug abuse that ocurred.

2) It's good to see that the Cincinnati and surrounding area's police forces aren't coddling to these spoiled athletes, and have no issues with citing them with their transgressions just like they would do with any "normal" citizen. However, it appears in Pittsburgh the police love to shoot some illegal guns with the Steelers. Wonder if they would ever charge them with DWI or anything like that? Probably not. In fact, I know 3 Pittsburgh policemen personally and while they have never pulled a Steeler over, they know PLENTY of times where a Steeler was pulled over and NOT cited.
Don't be a hater!! Someday your team will win a game!

BTW...The 70's Steelers were NOT THE ONLY team that allegedly used steroids back then!!

Last edited by TexasGirl@Heart; 08-12-2009 at 12:33 PM..

Old 08-12-2009, 12:33 PM

Here ya go rocie:

Video Library - kdka.com

It seems the State Police are under investigation--NOT the STEELERS! And a spokesman denied that there were any illegal guns used in the demonstration. No matter...it's the police who are being investigated, NOT the Steelers!

Another hater of the Steelers... Maybe once your team wins a game or two, you'll stop being so damn bitter towards the Steelers. Every post you make here on the Steelers thread shows your hatred of them. Get over it!

Last edited by TexasGirl@Heart; 08-12-2009 at 01:02 PM..

Old 08-12-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Here ya go rocie:

Video Library - kdka.com

It seems the State Police are under investigation--NOT the STEELERS! And a spokesman denied that there were any illegal guns used in the demonstration. No matter...it's the police who are being investigated, NOT the Steelers!

Another hater of the Steelers... Maybe once your team wins a game or two, you'll stop being so damn bitter towards the Steelers. Every post you make here on the Steelers thread shows your hatred of them. Get over it!

I don't hate the Steelers. I have a tremendous amount of respect for them. It's most of the bandwagon fans of the Steelers (and other teams)that I hate. I love asking someone if they are from an area of the team they follow and they say no. Most times they never stepped foot in the city that their team is from.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
I don't hate the Steelers. I have a tremendous amount of respect for them. It's most of the bandwagon fans of the Steelers (and other teams)that I hate. I love asking someone if they are from an area of the team they follow and they say no. Most times they never stepped foot in the city that their team is from.
Oh, you're a hater alright!! In response to what I bolded above...go back to the thread below and see the REASONS WHY! It helps if you know Pittsburgh history, which you know none of.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/footb...assault-5.html

Old 08-12-2009, 03:39 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furnier View Post
Sure....I don't mind discussing Squealer history! Here was a fine day in Pittspuke history for you to savor.

Sunday, September 10, 1989
Cleveland Browns 51, Pittsburgh Steelers 0

1234FinalCleveland Browns (1-0-0)171314751Pittsburgh Steelers (0-1-0)00000

CLEPITCLEClay Matthews 3 yard fumble return (Matt Bahr kick)70CLEMatt Bahr 27 yard field goal100CLEDavid Grayson 28 yard fumble return (Matt Bahr kick)170CLEMatt Bahr 20 yard field goal200CLETim Manoa 3 yard rush (Matt Bahr kick)270CLEMatt Bahr 27 yard field goal300CLETim Manoa 2 yard rush (Matt Bahr kick)370CLEDavid Grayson 14 yard interception return (Matt Bahr kick)440CLEMike Oliphant 21 yard rush (Matt Bahr kick)510CLEPITFirst downs195Rush-yards-TDs44-152-017-36-0Comp-Att-Yd-TD-INT16-25-207-0-010-22-84-0-3Sacked-yards1-26-67Net pass yards20517Total yards35753Fumbles-lost0-06-5Turnovers08Penalties-yards8-706-38

Oh, wait....that was in the 80's....I forgot that was in one of those pesky DECADES you Squealer "fans" don't count. 1930's, 1940's, 1950's, 1960's & 1980's....nope never happened.

Your two winningest coaches.....Chump Noll & Bill Cowchip both former players and coaches with the Legendary Cleveland Browns. Learned everything they knew in Mighty C-Town. Your ridiculous one-sided logo? Stolen from a company in.....can you guess? Yep, beautiful Cleveland, Ohio a.k.a. "The Greatest Location In The Nation."

There's some history for you Junior. Enjoy it.

DWJ
Just catching up on this thread with new season getting ready to start 'cause I've been a Steelers fan ever since I was a little girl watching them with my dad - days of the Steel Curtain, yeah baby (guess I just dated myself LOL) I was screaming and shouting for the Steelers when they WON THE SUPERBOWL - awesome game and my neighbors thought I was insane since I was yelling in English and I live in a Panamanian neighborhood - but speaking of Cleveland LOL While I was raised in OK, I moved down here from Colorado so I'm gonna tip toe off topic for a minute to say 2 words "The Drive"

Old 08-12-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Just catching up on this thread with new season getting ready to start 'cause I've been a Steelers fan ever since I was a little girl watching them with my dad - days of the Steel Curtain, yeah baby (guess I just dated myself LOL) I was screaming and shouting for the Steelers when they WON THE SUPERBOWL - awesome game and my neighbors thought I was insane since I was yelling in English and I live in a Panamanian neighborhood - but speaking of Cleveland LOL While I was raised in OK, I moved down here from Colorado so I'm gonna tip toe off topic for a minute to say 2 words "The Drive"
OMG!...that was a GREAT play in Steeler history!!!! Welcome back to the football forum and the 2009 Season!!

Old 08-12-2009, 04:08 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,013 times
Quote:
Uh . . . maybe I'm having a blonde moment, but what the heck does that have to do with the price of eggs? I'm a Steelers fan along with a couple of other teams and I sure didn't see in the playbook where you have to be from the city or have even visited it to be a fan. Heck I was watching the games from another country - gee, guess now I'm one of those 'bandwagon fans' you hate since I've never been to Pittsburgh (and the 2 or 3 other places where I like the teams). God, now life just isn't worth living. Tito, please hand me a tissue

Old 08-13-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Oh, you're a hater alright!! In response to what I bolded above...go back to the thread below and see the REASONS WHY! It helps if you know Pittsburgh history, which you know none of.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/footb...assault-5.html
Not have I only proven to you that I know more about football, but I guarantee I know more about the Steelers than you do. You didn't even know about Mewelde Moore. I guarantee you that you would never even talk about the Steelers had they not have the success they've had. I have actually played football, have you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football