Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2009, 08:46 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
"Warning, anyone criticized will be abused". Then there is abuse of privilege.

Ok, people. I'm quite familiar with this thread. Don't look at that often, posted on it last week.

A few day ago after several days of name calling, or as the TOS says, "rude behavior", this thread actually had some civility. Now we are back to normal.

I've gotten a couple complaints on this thread in the last couple days. There are some new faces on board with the football thread as readers and I want to see them stay. I don't want people to leave when they see some of this stuff.Name calling and personal insults won't cut it with me.

I'll tell you what I DO want to see on the Steeler team thread! Team predictions, past Steeler history, who makes the roster and who doesn't, how many years one has been a season ticket holder, stuff like that.

More than that, though. I want to see civility here.

Thank you.
What I would like to see is the name of the thread changed. I think that the title "Warning, anyone criticized will be abused" is a dare for people to diss on the Steelers and their fans.

Is it possible to change the name to: Pittsburgh Steelers--Team of Champions?

Thank you for stepping in. It was needed.

Last edited by TexasGirl@Heart; 08-19-2009 at 09:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 07:15 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Explain how my two posts are conflicting, and this time, READ CAREFULLY!
Pff - even highlighted the parts. GO STEELERS!

Old 08-22-2009, 08:09 AM

37 posts, read 87,514 times
Default Go Steelers !!!

This Bear is new on this thread. Don't mind the occasional dissing, yadda....but when it goes on and on between folks who are not going to change their minds.....gets old....

That said......been a Steeler fan forever and a day. It sure has been a fun ride. I live in NW Ohio and we have our far share of Steeler faithful.....but we are surrounded by fans of the Browns (a lot), the Cowboys (a lot), the Bengals (some), and many Detroit Lion fans who come out of the closet early in the season and quietly turn to hockey or basketball as the NFL passes the midpoint.

BTW.....Lions will win six games this year in the regular season. Bet the farm on it.

Back to Black & Gold......even my wife (a long-time Denver fan) is starting to appreciate why we love this team. Go Steelers !!!

Bear

Old 08-22-2009, 10:12 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,465,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Up North View Post
Back to Black & Gold......even my wife (a long-time Denver fan) is starting to appreciate why we love this team. Go Steelers !!!

Bear
Keep spreading the good news,brother. Lead your wife to the path of true righteousness! She will someday come to the light! The one true team to have faith in! In the name of the father Art, the son Dan and the black and gold spirit, AMEN!

Old 08-23-2009, 06:09 PM

433 posts, read 875,991 times
The Browns will rise again!

Old 08-23-2009, 08:42 PM

555 posts, read 1,573,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy eyes 1979 View Post
Don't shoot the Steelers fans, you'll just make them angry.

Old 08-23-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy eyes 1979 View Post
That's what I like about you Browns fans...you alway have high hopes!!

Old 08-24-2009, 09:16 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,613,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
That's what I like about you Browns fans...you alway have high hopes!!
They are loyal. Its easy to root for a team who is on top, a measure of a true fan is one who can root for a team that is in the dumps.

IN MY AREA, not saying everywhere but IN MY AREA Steelers fans were ghosts a few years ago...now they are EVERYWHERE??? Coincidence????

Old 08-24-2009, 10:05 AM

2,654 posts, read 5,465,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
They are loyal. Its easy to root for a team who is on top, a measure of a true fan is one who can root for a team that is in the dumps.

IN MY AREA, not saying everywhere but IN MY AREA Steelers fans were ghosts a few years ago...now they are EVERYWHERE??? Coincidence????
No denying the Black & Gold nation has picked up a few fair weather fans. Always happens when a team is on top. I've seen alot more Pats gear out here in So Cal over the last 5-7 years then I ever did when I first moved here in the early 90's. Stopped seeing as much Cowboys gear after the Triplets era ended about the same time.

Having said that, the Steelers fan base is one of the most loyal. Partially because their are many ex pittsburghers who left the area in the 70's, 80's and 90's who took the true faith with them to their new homes. Partially because they are a great organization. The Rooneys are some of the best and most admirable owner stories in all of sports. The team is well run, places more emphasis on player charachter then many other teams ** cough*Cowboys*cough** and is actively involved in their community. They are a blue collar team from a place that still fancys itself a blue collar town. People like that.

They also have a very diverse fan base. I was surprised when I went to my first Steelers-Chargers game in San Diego. I went with some clients who were also fans and former pittsburghers. As usual, the black and gold was well represented, but during pregame we looked around and realized we were some of the few white steeler fans in attendence. The place was packed with mexicans in black and gold. Apparently the steelers had played some exhibition games in Mexico in the 70's or 80's and now had a loyal fan base from south of the border. Also had a bit of a cholo fan base as well, I guess black and gold is like silver and black, so they get some of that following as well. (Unlike at a Raiders game, nobody got knifed)

I am biased, but I think the Cheeseheads and the Steeler nation are neck and neck for the best NFL fan bases.

Old 08-24-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post

Every team has fair weather fans...even Pittsburgh. And we have had our share of slump years--even through those years, I cheered for the Black and Gold. I agree ...it is hard to love a loser, but that is what a true fan does. I've never jumped ship, never quit cheering for them when they were having bad seasons. Now they are on top and I am going to cheer even louder. When I move to Texas, I certainly will not change colors and cheer for the Texans or Cowboys. Well...I do cheer for the Texans, but not when they play the Steelers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
No denying the Black & Gold nation has picked up a few fair weather fans. Always happens when a team is on top. I've seen alot more Pats gear out here in So Cal over the last 5-7 years then I ever did when I first moved here in the early 90's. Stopped seeing as much Cowboys gear after the Triplets era ended about the same time.

Having said that, the Steelers fan base is one of the most loyal. Partially because their are many ex pittsburghers who left the area in the 70's, 80's and 90's who took the true faith with them to their new homes. Partially because they are a great organization. The Rooneys are some of the best and most admirable owner stories in all of sports. The team is well run, places more emphasis on player charachter then many other teams ** cough*Cowboys*cough** and is actively involved in their community. They are a blue collar team from a place that still fancys itself a blue collar town. People like that.

They also have a very diverse fan base. I was surprised when I went to my first Steelers-Chargers game in San Diego. I went with some clients who were also fans and former pittsburghers. As usual, the black and gold was well represented, but during pregame we looked around and realized we were some of the few white steeler fans in attendence. The place was packed with mexicans in black and gold. Apparently the steelers had played some exhibition games in Mexico in the 70's or 80's and now had a loyal fan base from south of the border. Also had a bit of a cholo fan base as well, I guess black and gold is like silver and black, so they get some of that following as well. (Unlike at a Raiders game, nobody got knifed)

I am biased, but I think the Cheeseheads and the Steeler nation are neck and neck for the best NFL fan bases.
Wish I could have repped you again...great post. When I went to Mexico for vacation a few years ago, before we won the 2 recent SB's...there was a Activities Director at the resort who saw me wearing a Pittsburgh Steeler T-shirt and he started high 5'ing me and screaming "I love those guys." He even showed me a Steeler tattoo that he had on his leg. His father was a huge fan of the 70's Steelers and named him after Jack Ham, one of the greatest linebackers during the Steelers dynasty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football