Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2009, 03:26 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times

Advertisements

BEARSsssssssssssssss
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 11:08 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
OK...I'll be the one to say it....WTF??? I can't believe Jeff Reed missed those field goals.....

Old 09-21-2009, 07:30 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,613,678 times
Who was saying that the Steelers secondary was very good? Cutler picked them apart when he hd to move the ball down field. Troy is the playmaker of that group!

Old 09-21-2009, 08:57 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
OK...I'll be the one to say it....WTF??? I can't believe Jeff Reed missed those field goals.....
even if you had those 6 points, it appears the bears could've gotten the ball into the end zone if they had needed to on the last drive. Either way, Bears win.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:11 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,588 times
Nice win by the Bears. Thanks for the help. In return, we beat the Pack for you.

Usually Reed is pretty dependable, but perhaps the rain hurt him?

The Steelers loss makes next weeks game against my Bengals a very interesting one. I still think the Steelers are best team in the AFC North (no offense Baltimore), but they are sorely going to miss Polomalu over the next few weeks.

Old 09-21-2009, 01:48 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,466,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Who was saying that the Steelers secondary was very good? Cutler picked them apart when he hd to move the ball down field. Troy is the playmaker of that group!
That was me. I never denied Troy is the outstanding player in the secondary. But you'll note it was his replacement - Carter - that got beat for both TD's. The CB's held up their end of the bargain, which was my point in the first place.

Old 09-21-2009, 01:57 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,466,086 times
Quote:
Did'nt see the game, but heard Soldier field had to be redone because of a U2 concert the week before the game trashed the grass. Could bad field conditions been a part? Besides he won the Titan game last week. Jeff's a good kicker, but even good ones have bad days.

My bigger WTF? is Santonio dropping 3 passes, including one in the end zone. Not a very Super Bowl MVP worthy performance.

Glad to see signs of life from the running game.

Old 09-21-2009, 04:10 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
even if you had those 6 points, it appears the bears could've gotten the ball into the end zone if they had needed to on the last drive. Either way, Bears win.
I don't think so. We can analyze this to death, but if Reed would have made both FG attempts...the Steelers win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
Did'nt see the game, but heard Soldier field had to be redone because of a U2 concert the week before the game trashed the grass. Could bad field conditions been a part? Besides he won the Titan game last week. Jeff's a good kicker, but even good ones have bad days.

My bigger WTF? is Santonio dropping 3 passes, including one in the end zone. Not a very Super Bowl MVP worthy performance.

Glad to see signs of life from the running game.
Yea...Santonio didn't look very good out there either. Losing Troy for 3-6 weeks hurts. It is going to be a L-O-N-G 3-5 weeks now. We play...

Bengals @Cinci....(I don't think they will give us too much of a problem)
Chargers @ 'Burgh...( we can win this --it's home field advantage)
Lions at Detroit....(win for the Steelers)
Browns @ 'Burgh....(win!)
Vikings @ 'Burgh....(???...don't know enough about this team to guess)

Old 09-21-2009, 04:19 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,386,091 times
Quote:
I don't think so. We can analyze this to death, but if Reed would have made both FG attempts...the Steelers win.

Yea...Santonio didn't look very good out there either. Losing Troy for 3-6 weeks hurts. It is going to be a L-O-N-G 3-5 weeks now. We play...

Bengals @Cinci....(I don't think they will give us too much of a problem)
Chargers @ 'Burgh...( we can win this --it's home field advantage)
Lions at Detroit....(win for the Steelers)
Browns @ 'Burgh....(win!)
Vikings @ 'Burgh....(???...don't know enough about this team to guess)
I wouldn't sell the Bengals short.

Old 09-21-2009, 06:23 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,857,597 times
Bengals/Packers and Bears/Steelers; two surprising endings to THESE games! Lots of strange games in the NFL yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football