Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2009, 06:56 AM

3,867 posts, read 4,078,604 times

Advertisements

Now unlike others on CD, I do not go on other team's threads and bash them when they lose. I especially don't go on another team's thread and bash them when they lose to the Browns. Just want to go on record and post that............thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 07:15 AM

3,085 posts, read 7,248,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Tomlin didn't get us a ring! Our solid defense and pretty good offense gave us a ring.Tomlin made some rookie mistakes during the course of the year but he was handed a GREAT team.
Let me ask you this.If you were given the Chicago Bulls team with Jordan,and Pippen when they were in their prime;did it really matter who coached them? No,obviously not.A great team is a great team but a decent team performs better with a better coach and thats Cowher. Cowher is more of a die hard guy and obviously more exciteable,but more then that he makes better decisions.I think the reason he hasn't jumped at the other coaching jobs is because he was hoping to come back to Pitt.

Hmmm. Ok, ok.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:44 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,195 times
Browns fan here but don't worry, I'll keep it classy.

I have to ask, why the heck didn't your offensive coordinator try and adjust your protections? Watching the first half I never felt comfortable with our lead because I figured the Steelers would make some adjustments at halftime and move the ball at will in the 2nd half.

Both teams played hard but I think the Steelers got outcoached last night.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:51 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
I thought that was going to be a 'get healthy' game for the Steelers. They made Quinn look decent. Whats going on there...

Old 12-11-2009, 09:02 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,933,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I thought that was going to be a 'get healthy' game for the Steelers. They made Quinn look decent. Whats going on there...
What game were you watching?

Old 12-11-2009, 09:12 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,487,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
6 of 19 for 90 yards, is not decent. Even with how bad Quinn usually is.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:21 AM

666 posts, read 1,843,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
Browns fan here but don't worry, I'll keep it classy.

I have to ask, why the heck didn't your offensive coordinator try and adjust your protections? Watching the first half I never felt comfortable with our lead because I figured the Steelers would make some adjustments at halftime and move the ball at will in the 2nd half.

Both teams played hard but I think the Steelers got outcoached last night.
Congrats on your win. Hope it helps take some of the sting out of your season. I'm glad the Steelers can at least make someone's fans happy.

Bruce Arians gets a lot of the blame from my perspective. He kowtows to Ben. We need a coordinator who will stick with an overall team strategy and run with it ("run" being the key word). Ben is a great qb and I've been happy to have him on our team, but you can't completely abandon your ideals when someone gets hot.

It was cold and very windy, so how much did we run last night against the worst run defense in the league? 22 out of 62 plays. Clearly the passing game wasn't working. How many 3rd down conversions did we make? 3 out of 14. At least two were 3rd and 1 and yet we went with Ben in the shotgun looking deep...sacked. I think Arians may be bipolar because his play calling certainly seems to follow that line of thinking.

All of the Tomlin bashers who are saying he inherited a good team have to remember that he also inherited the majority of his staff. The ownership / management will make changes with staff before they do anything with him.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:47 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,465,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoastee View Post
Congrats on your win. Hope it helps take some of the sting out of your season. I'm glad the Steelers can at least make someone's fans happy.

Bruce Arians gets a lot of the blame from my perspective. He kowtows to Ben. We need a coordinator who will stick with an overall team strategy and run with it ("run" being the key word). Ben is a great qb and I've been happy to have him on our team, but you can't completely abandon your ideals when someone gets hot.

It was cold and very windy, so how much did we run last night against the worst run defense in the league? 22 out of 62 plays. Clearly the passing game wasn't working. How many 3rd down conversions did we make? 3 out of 14. At least two were 3rd and 1 and yet we went with Ben in the shotgun looking deep...sacked. I think Arians may be bipolar because his play calling certainly seems to follow that line of thinking.

All of the Tomlin bashers who are saying he inherited a good team have to remember that he also inherited the majority of his staff. The ownership / management will make changes with staff before they do anything with him.
Have to spread around some rep before I can +1 you again. But this analysis is SPOT ON!!

Old 12-11-2009, 01:41 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
What game were you watching?

Quinn actually looked pretty bad IMO even if you factor in the weather. He was slow making decisions the entire game and really was lucky that he wasn't picked off a few times.

Old 12-11-2009, 01:47 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,248,316 times
Yeah, Quinn was terrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football