Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2009, 06:38 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,613,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
IWhat do you think happened when Tom Brady was out for NE? .

They won 11 games....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 06:59 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,142,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
They won 11 games....
Their backup did better then expected but on a stacked team.We don't have a backup that is anywhere near as good as Troy.

Old 12-12-2009, 11:47 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,023,427 times
I sure liked art rooney & chuck noll. Art was one of a kind.

Old 12-12-2009, 11:52 PM

[quote=TexasGirl@Heart;11994156]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I would stop short of calling this a meltdown, but even the most ardent fan would call this a collapse. I'm as surprised as anybody of this.

This isn't the first time a Super Bowl winning club hit the skids the next season, not at all. In this case, it isn't so much a matter of how many losses they have had in a row, it's who they lost to is the issue here. It's hard to pin the problems on just losing Troy Palumalu, the leader of their defense. There is more to it than that.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely! The problems lie much deeper than Troy being out on injury! The losses have NOTHING to do with Tomlin (read: I'm not eating my young...just because I like another coach better than him!) There was the same reaction when Cowher came to town to coach Chuck Noll's team!!

Here's some trivia about Chuck Noll--some of you may know this, some of you may not...

In 1969, Noll was the Steelers' second choice as their new football coach. He got the job when Penn State coach Joe Paterno turned it down. Just think...it could have been Joe Pa coaching all these years!! He is still going strong even though he craps in his pants every now and then!!!

We won't make the playoffs this year, but at least we'll get some good draft picks!!
Joe Paterno should really wear depends (adult diapers). Hes no spring chicken anymore & he sure was embarassed. Who wouldnt be unless you get off on pooping yourself.

Old 12-13-2009, 03:17 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times
[quote=eagle7;12005204]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post

Joe Paterno should really wear depends (adult diapers). Hes no spring chicken anymore & he sure was embarassed. Who wouldnt be unless you get off on pooping yourself.
I thought it was freakin' hilarious watching him run off the field to go change his pants!!!

Old 12-13-2009, 11:31 PM

The steelers playoff chances got slimmer today. All the in the hunt teams won today. What a terrible season. To go from 6-2 to 6-7 is unbelievable & unexpected for a superbowl winning team less then a year ago.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:19 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,142,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
lol, lost to the Browns!

Steelers, Giants and Denver collapse this year.
I am obviously NOT a Dallas fan,but do you really think you'll make it out of the NFC with Minnesota and New Orleans? Don't poke fun at my team when your fans will just be getting that tease by getting into the playoffs with the early exit.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:03 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,613,367 times
Quote:
I am obviously NOT a Dallas fan,but do you really think you'll make it out of the NFC with Minnesota and New Orleans? Don't poke fun at my team when your fans will just be getting that tease by getting into the playoffs with the early exit.

Dallas may not even make the playoffs. They have a hard enuff time winning in DEC, much less with the teams that have to play. It could be real ugly for folks in Big D!

Old 12-14-2009, 09:26 AM

666 posts, read 1,844,026 times
Quote:
Texas User isn't even a Dallas fan, he's a 49ers fan so there is even less of a reason to talk smack. He needs to be booted off the football forum altogether. He never posts anything but idiotic one-liners. No constructive discussions ever. Maybe thats because he's the only niners fan here and has no one to play with.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:55 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,159 times
I'd take a Super Bowl win one year, and then a bad year the next any time. While I am shocked at the Steelers fall from grace, it does make me happy that my Bengals can capitalize on it. Not that it will mean that much anyway, since they will be one and done in the playoffs, but I'll take what I can get.

BTW, as a non-Steeler fan, I have to say that Tomlin did inherit a very good team that just suffered a Super Bowl hangover the year before he took over. The Super Bowl team wasn't 100% his blueprint. This year has more of his blueprint than last year, and they are struggling. Way to early to can him, but it still remains to be seen if he is a great coach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football