Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2014, 02:58 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times

Advertisements

hech of a post. I miss the Jack Kent Cook days. Save three seasons, the Skins have been absolute garbage since Snyder took over. For years he was like a Jerry Jones 2.0, but finally over the last few seasons he's learning to back off and let the football people make decisions. Even still, sometimes he meddles too much.

I'm hearing whispers of RG3 possibly coming back this week. What a horrible idea that would be. let him rest the next two weeks and then the bye...we'll see him in November. That'll give him 7 weeks to prove he's the man moving forward. If he fails to impress, who knows what Gruden might do in the off-season. Cousins is clearly not the answer some of us (myself included for a few weeks) thought he was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 01:33 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,658,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic...

While Snyder isn't the best owner, there is no way the Washington Redskins would ever leave DC. they're one of the top 5 most valuable professional teams in the United States, and one of the most popular.

Though they've been awful for the past 15-20 years, the Washington Redskins are one of the most storied and celebrated teams in NFL history. No way the team would ever leave Washington DC. Name change might come one day, but they'll never leave the Nation's capital.
Never say Never!
I know for fact there were many Cleveland Browns fans who said the exact same thing back in 1995! If the Browns can leave Cleveland, then any team can leave their current city!

Old 10-23-2014, 05:31 AM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times
There is zero evidence that Snyder will ever sell and even less that the team will move so this speculation is kind of silly in my opinion.

I haven't been here for a while and went back to see if there were many posters screaming at the start of the year that Kirk Cousins was a better option than Griff. I've gotten into it with people who held this position all over the internet and was about to laugh at some here. Shockingly I didn't really see it which is a surprise as I heard this opinion all over town and on the radio as well.

Made no sense then and even less now. Kirk has never shown that he had earned the right to compete for the job let alone that he was the better option.

Old 10-24-2014, 11:02 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Yes.

I've been critical of the Redskins regarding some of their past, mainly their original owner George Preston Marshall. But when Edward Bennet Williams bought the franchise from Marshall in the mid 1960's, he injected life into a franchise that was having big problems. Probably Mr. Williams' most noted move was luring Vince Lombardi away from Green Bay. A lot of the newer fans aren't aware that Lombardi gave the franchise their first winning season since the years of their (IMO) most noted player in their history--"Slinging" Sammy Baugh.

He didn't have to make a lot of changes as his roster was fairly similar to their previous coach-Otto Graham. Lombardi took the club to a 7-5-2 record. And something happened to that franchise that year that didn't happen before. All the home games were sellouts.

45 years later they still sell out. It's the longest sellout streak in the NFL. Denver is second.
Good Lord - how old are you?

Old 10-24-2014, 01:27 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Good Lord - how old are you?

UMMMMMMM, it took me 23 minutes, a seeing eye dog, and both my nephews at each side of me staggering to the RV from section 134 last night?

Other than that, ain't saying!

Old 10-27-2014, 03:12 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Go Skins... need a Texas sized effort from Colt McCoy tonight. They aren't at home, so they actually have a chance.

Eagles could use a little help after yesterday... Thanks.

Old 10-27-2014, 06:14 PM

138 posts, read 164,188 times
From a giants fan, please beat the figgin cowboys tonight.

Old 10-27-2014, 07:55 PM

796 posts, read 505,086 times
Of course the Skins gonna step it up tonight just to beat the Boys....(sigh)

Old 10-27-2014, 09:50 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,205,461 times
I literally cried at the final outcome:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kPVfFzbRuc4

Old 10-27-2014, 09:51 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,205,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoran81 View Post
From a giants fan, please beat the figgin cowboys tonight.
Indeed we have NFC East comrade, indeed we have
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football