Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2015, 10:38 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,469,795 times

Advertisements

The offensive line has improved tremendously in terms of run blocking. It will remain to be seen how improved in terms of pass protection they will be. Scherff is going to be solid as advertised, and Moses looks like he has really improved. That is a lot of beef on that right side. Williams will, as always, be solid, so I think the line issues will be lessened this year.

Yeah, RGIII always wants to make a play, although I'm not sure he had any choice on that hit as he was going to get rocked no matter if he had thrown the ball away or thrown the completion like he did. Might as well complete the ball. But him getting up and limping made me think, "Oh no, he truly is made of glass!" We'll see though. If the 'skins can run the ball with ease like they were doing last week, then the attention will be off of RGIII.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2015, 11:18 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
agreed. if Morris can move the chains, Robert will have some time. But I do expect the 0-line to be much improved. #Scherff

Old 08-19-2015, 05:21 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Oh there is no question protection has been a problem, I have said for years that with a clean pocket you would see a totally different QB. But let's not pretend he isn't a big part of the problem as well. His sack numbers when compared to Kirk Cousins is a joke, he takes way more sacks by holding the ball.

But his protection will be much much better this year. Moses already looks like a huge upgrade over Compton and Polumbus. Scherff will also be an upgrade, he is strong and will be a big help with blitzing linebackers up the middle, a huge problem in the past.

But pocket presence remains a huge issue for Robert. Not sure if this is something that you can learn or if you are born with it, guess we'll find out.

Old 08-19-2015, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Oh there is no question protection has been a problem, I have said for years that with a clean pocket you would see a totally different QB. But let's not pretend he isn't a big part of the problem as well. His sack numbers when compared to Kirk Cousins is a joke, he takes way more sacks by holding the ball.

But his protection will be much much better this year. Moses already looks like a huge upgrade over Compton and Polumbus. Scherff will also be an upgrade, he is strong and will be a big help with blitzing linebackers up the middle, a huge problem in the past.

But pocket presence remains a huge issue for Robert. Not sure if this is something that you can learn or if you are born with it, guess we'll find out.
He seemed a bit more decisive last Thursday, although there wasn't really enough to plays to make a proper judgement. He missed on those two fade routes to Garcon in the endzone, and you just need to punch it in when you're in the redzone. Better fade passes would have gotten the 'skins six points. Cousins, as always, seemed a lot more decisive, and of course he was able to move the ball pretty easily. But again, he was playing against 2nd and 3rd stringers, some of which won't make an NFL roster.

The third game of the preseason will be a better barometer as to how RGIII is going to play this year, since the starters usually play most of game three.

I'm trying my best to figure out how I can watch the 'skins games. DirecTV is a thing of the past now, and I'm going to mount an outside antenna and see if it will be able to pull in those VA channels.

Old 08-20-2015, 06:15 AM

Doubt I'll be able to pick up the game tonight, but the 'skins are playing preseason game #2 tonight. I was actually offered tickets to go see the game yesterday. Not only that, but these were club level seats! Just was too short notice! If I had known about it over last weekend, I would have definitely made plans to have gone to the game. Ah well!

Old 08-20-2015, 08:04 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
He seemed a bit more decisive last Thursday, although there wasn't really enough to plays to make a proper judgement. He missed on those two fade routes to Garcon in the endzone, and you just need to punch it in when you're in the redzone. Better fade passes would have gotten the 'skins six points. Cousins, as always, seemed a lot more decisive, and of course he was able to move the ball pretty easily. But again, he was playing against 2nd and 3rd stringers, some of which won't make an NFL roster.

The third game of the preseason will be a better barometer as to how RGIII is going to play this year, since the starters usually play most of game three.

I'm trying my best to figure out how I can watch the 'skins games. DirecTV is a thing of the past now, and I'm going to mount an outside antenna and see if it will be able to pull in those VA channels.

Have you researched the online sites that you can use? I may have a link I can PM you. I've never used them but I do know you need to register, download etc so allow some time for that.

Old 08-20-2015, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Have you researched the online sites that you can use? I may have a link I can PM you. I've never used them but I do know you need to register, download etc so allow some time for that.
If you don't mind, PM the link you have. I had a friend send me a site that looked a little shady. I wasn't sure about downloading anything on the site because I didn't want my computer infected, but I'd like to be able to watch the games.

Old 08-20-2015, 09:46 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
There is a thread on the Redskins forum that talks about where to watch the games. Visit on game day and you'll find a TON of links.

Annual "Where Do I Watch Games Online?" Thread - Page 77 - The Stadium - Extremeskins

Old 08-20-2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
There is a thread on the Redskins forum that talks about where to watch the games. Visit on game day and you'll find a TON of links.

Annual "Where Do I Watch Games Online?" Thread - Page 77 - The Stadium - Extremeskins
I'll check it out. I live close enough to VA that I think I could pick up the channels that the games are on through an OTA roof top antenna, but I haven't had a chance to install one yet.

Noticed somebody on that thread mentioned KODI (used to be called XMBC.) I have KODI installed on my laptop, but it's hit or miss. Normally, I'd just wait and set the DVR for the NFL Network's replay of the preseason games, but I don't have the NFL Network anymore, nor a DVR. WSLS Channel 10 is showing the game tonight. I know I can get that channel with a roof top antenna.

Old 08-20-2015, 08:06 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Griffin down and out again. He puts himself in harms way at 170 pounds. He just gets crunched out there. I bet defensive linemen love hitting him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football