Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2015, 01:53 PM

5,915 posts, read 6,397,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
That's not what I said either. Remember when I asked you to quote me before since you evidently enjoy putting words into my mouth? I guess you didn't find that quote, huh? It's the same situation here.

I didn't say that "Redskins fans have blind loyalty to RG3." I said that Redskins' fans thinking about RG3 is clouded by the fact they gave up a lot to get him and his past glory. I think that's absolutely true. Based on his on-field performance alone, regardless of injury, nobody would be taking him seriously as a potential starting QB.
So, your point is you think RGIII sucks. Why not just say that and save the rest of us time reading your blabbering?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2015, 06:12 PM

18,139 posts, read 25,671,871 times
Team threads are set up for fans of those teams to compare notes regarding their club; roster cuts, injury reports, upcoming games, and other team business.

Comparing quarterbacks of other teams should be done on a different thread. There are at least 30 posts here that need to go, I don't have the time to do this right now.

It appears that the comparison of other quarterbacks started on post #1919.

(Edit) I'm going to re-open the thread, there's too much here to deal with right now regarding editing/deleting--let's keep the conversation on Redskins news only Thanks.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 08-27-2015 at 10:06 PM..

Old 08-28-2015, 06:54 AM

16,086 posts, read 10,242,517 times
Thanks moderator for stopping this nonsense. I'll just say nobody is blindly loyal to RGIII, we all understand that ship is sailing into the sunset. But to compare the protection Cousins and Colt got with what Griffin saw on Thursday night is just stupid. They weren't avoiding pressure, then weren't feeling it to begin with.

But with that said Griffin's lack of feel in the pocket is a very real problem that will never really go away.

Old 08-28-2015, 02:05 PM

31,886 posts, read 34,379,372 times
I can see what he means here. This play was similar to the big hit delivered on RG3 during the Lions game.

Big hit on RG3 everyone was RT-ing earlier looked like it was on qb. Protection not designed to block LB that hit him. Gotta throw the ball

— Ben Muth (@FO_wordofmuth) August 21, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTXWU6YtQ00

Old 08-28-2015, 04:44 PM

45,260 posts, read 26,754,393 times
Where there's smoke...

Jay Gruden Must Get A Grip On This Washington Redskins Team

The team has yet to play their third preseason game, and they already look as if they are deteriorating. Robert Griffin III has had two concussions and the controversies never seem to end with him.

This all could be solved if Gruden would do his job. After watching Hard Knocks, the world found out that Bill O’Brien is a beast. He’s effective, and gets straight to the point when he’s coaching. Gruden could take a few notes from him. All the locker room issues and dysfunctional relationships among teammates has to be stopped in order for the Redskins to be productive this season. Gruden needs to address all the issues, get this team behind him, and what he’s doing. It’s time for him to call everyone out. Call out the offensive line, Griffin, the defense, and whoever else needs to be put in their place. If the culture is this bad and the preseason hasn’t even ended, the season is going to be much worse.

As an Eagle fan - I say proceed on course.

As a Redskins' fan - is this accurate? Is it this bad and is Gruden not doing a good job?

Old 08-28-2015, 05:15 PM

1 posts, read 634 times
Default Washington Redskins fight song

I need help! Does anyone know where I can get the sheet music for the Skins fight song? I want it played at my daughter's wedding in 2 weeks.
Thanks
Joan

Last edited by joan.driggs; 08-28-2015 at 05:15 PM.. Reason: wrong spelling

Old 08-28-2015, 06:06 PM

45,260 posts, read 26,754,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joan.driggs View Post
I need help! Does anyone know where I can get the sheet music for the Skins fight song? I want it played at my daughter's wedding in 2 weeks.
Thanks
Joan
Rally Song HAIL TO THE REDSKINS Barnee Breeskin Autographed SHEET MUSIC

I want a finders fee...

Old 08-30-2015, 12:19 PM

520 posts, read 1,001,649 times
The only way to truly evaluate quarterbacks and get a fair, or close enough, apples-to-apples comparison is to rotate the series of QBs in a single game. Let one QB go out for the 1st series, another on the next, and so forth for the entire 1st half. This way, the QBs should see the same defense and OL vs DL matchup. The only variable here is adjustments and lack of ability to warm-up or catch a rhythm.

But, as an AFC North fan (I am black and gold Steelers for life although I live in DC) I can tell you that Cousins performance against Ravens was not impressive at all. In fact, it showed me how bad he is. #1, the Steelers AND the Ravens defenses are regressing. Not a surprise for the Steelers, but definitely for the Ravens. The Ravens are 0-3 in 2015 preseason and look very vulnerable on defense - as evidenced by the Eagles whupping they took. #2, again due to the Ravens lack of defensive pressure (Ngata will be severely missed) he had a great pocket and was still under-throwing or missing targets. #3, his stats are padded by flukes as his TD pass was a fluke and his batted-down pass that he caught to gain yards was a fluke as well.

Old 08-30-2015, 12:39 PM

520 posts, read 1,001,649 times
This QB fiasco in DC shows just how dysfunctional the Redskins are as an organization.

Gruden, an inexperienced, mediocre Arena Football player (who watches Arena Football?) was hired by a dysfunctional organization and he, due to his inexperience as a coach, brought in further dysfunction by publicly berating and humiliating his starting QB, Griffin. Okay, Griffin may say some things in the media that aren't "politically correct", but Gruden is the coach so he should have more class.

No sane organization in the NFL feuds with their starting QB, shows a lack of confidence in their QB and creates such a stir. The only teams that do that are losers...ie, 2014 Jets, Bills, Buccaneers, Browns, Texans, and previous years the Raiders and Vikings. Even as Jay Cutler ticked teammates off in Chicago and got hurt and Kyle Orton came in and performed well, the coaching staff still backed Jay Cutler and plugged him in when he was cleared to play. Then, to get rid of confusion, they cut ties with Kyle Orton so that it was clear who the started was and whom the organization supported.

For all of Romo's struggles, without an OL, the organization still backed him and gave him a boss OL and he's balling out. When Big Ben (my team) struggled, some due to him holding the ball too long and some to our porous OL, they built up the line and got him a good coordinator (which he resisted at first) and my Steelers are balling out ON OFFENSE and Ben had the best numbers of his career. Even with Vick now in Pittsburgh, there is no doubt who our starter is and there and the skillset between the #1 and #2 are such that you won't question it.

DC needs to do the same. Give Griffin a boss line. Stick with him and have a head coach that can function in dysfunction. They need to get rid of either Griffin, Cousins or McCoy (or all three) and get a backup who knows they are a backup and proceed accordingly. Because what you are going to get are boos and doubts coming from fans as soon as any of these #1s have a bad day and cause teammates to question why changes aren't made.

By the way...look at how horrible Vick - and even Geno - looked in NYJ last season. Then, look at how good Vick looked in his first game for Pittsburgh against the Bills and he's only been with the team for 1 week and probably is nowhere near mastering the playbook. And, to prove my point...look at how HORRIBLE Cousins looked as a starter last season and looked at how McCoy, although he played well in the regular season, suffered a season-ending injury due to his ineffectual front line.

Old 08-30-2015, 05:42 PM

17,380 posts, read 14,911,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsmith365 View Post

No sane organization in the NFL feuds with their starting QB, shows a lack of confidence in their QB and creates such a stir. The only teams that do that are losers...ie, 2014 Jets, Bills, Buccaneers, Browns, Texans, and previous years the Raiders and Vikings. Even as Jay Cutler ticked teammates off in Chicago and got hurt and Kyle Orton came in and performed well, the coaching staff still backed Jay Cutler and plugged him in when he was cleared to play. Then, to get rid of confusion, they cut ties with Kyle Orton so that it was clear who the started was and whom the organization supported.
Kyle Orton and Jay Cutler have never played on the same team. They were traded for each other.

Do you, perhaps mean Jimmy Clausen? Who took over for a benched Jay Cutler last year, only to lose the starting job back to him due to a concussion (and/or lackluster results)

Quote:
DC needs to do the same. Give Griffin a boss line. Stick with him and have a head coach that can function in dysfunction. They need to get rid of either Griffin, Cousins or McCoy (or all three) and get a backup who knows they are a backup and proceed accordingly. Because what you are going to get are boos and doubts coming from fans as soon as any of these #1s have a bad day and cause teammates to question why changes aren't made.
They have 3 backups. None are good enough to be starters. They need a starting QB. I can see Cousins developing into one. McCoy.. Maybe.. RGIII.. I can't see staying healthy long enough.

Quote:
And, to prove my point...look at how HORRIBLE Cousins looked as a starter last season and looked at how McCoy, although he played well in the regular season, suffered a season-ending injury due to his ineffectual front line.
The only game that I recall that Cousins looked BAD in was the Giants game. The Arizona game, he was fine until the 4th quarter. Let's look at his lines..

vs Jacksonville.. Not a full game, but could be counted as such.. 22/33 250yds 2TD 0INT Rating 109.4

vs Philadelphia. 30/48 427yds 3TD 1INT Rating 103.4.. Threw a bad pick at the end of the game, but.. You give me that line, i'll take it every week.

vs NYG. 19/33 257yds 1TD 4INT Rating 53.0.. Yeah, this game sucked. BAD picks.

vs SEA 21/36 283yds 2TD 0INT Rating 102.0. Pretty solid game.

vs ARI 24/38 354yds 2TD 3INT Rating 78.2.. 3 4th quarter picks.

vs TEN 10/16 139yds 0TD 1INT Rating 64.3.. One half of play.

Ok.. So, let's look at McCoy..

vs TEN 11/12 128yds 1TD 0INT Rating 138.9

vs DAL 25/30 299yds 0TD 1INT Rating 94.3

vs IND 31/47 392yds 3TD 0INT Rating 113.1 - Again, give me this line, i'd say you win.. They lost. Bad.

vs STL 20/32 199yds 0TD 2INT Rating 54.0 - The Rams. Those 199 yards were about all the offense.

vs NYG - 4/7 39yds 0TD 0INT Rating 72.9

I'll add in here.. McCoy fumbled 6 times. Cousins twice. Griffin 9 times.

Neither of them (McCoy/Cousins) had a whole lot of support from the running game. In their own games.. Cousins exclusive games had total rushing yards of 84,86,32 and 74 yards. McCoy 123,84 and 27

Cousins has surprised many teams by running the ball.. When Griffin is in the game, the running game does better.. 131,122,155 and 136 yards.. And, few of those were RGIII yards. So, have Cousins run some read option.. he's not as fast or as explosive as Griffin, but.. He'll throw the defense back on its heels.. And.. He's smart enough to slide FEET FIRST or get out of bounds.

My thoughts? Keep Cousins.. Sign him cheap for 3 years, have more money to spend on the lines.. Toss Griffin.. Toss McCoy, draft a couple of QBs in later rounds. Look for the diamond in the rough. Develop Cousins. You're not going to lose your fanbase. So, if it's three more years of suck.. Well.. We've grown accustomed to that over the past 20 years of Snydership.

And stay the hell away from Deshaun Watson. I think you'll be hearing lots more about that name in the next year or two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football